Game Day Thread: Preseason Week 1: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The INT was as much on the RB as anyone
    seattle ran a double zone dog blitz and football 101 is always pick up the most inside guy. The RB let’s the inside blitzer run free who had a clear shot at Lock. I love it because you cant get that type of experience sitting on the sideline or in TC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post

I agree with this. Good take. I thought he was better this week too. Not a ton but better.
      He was better this week but he needs to get the 2nd team reps. The 3rd/4th team players are just so damn bad, they cant catch, they cant run proper routes, etc.

I dont see the point in Hogan getting them, we're ****ed if Flacco goes down anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dedhed View Post

Here's a link to every throw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPw0WZ_nkSU

Please tell the time stamps where Lock threw into the dirt to wide open receivers. I'll wait....

....Forever, btw, because they aren't there.
        My fault, must have been Hogan, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action View Post
          I'm wondering if they're even working on his mechanics at all.

Every time Fangio talks about Lock it sounds like they're starting from square 1 with him...simple **** like calling NFL plays, doing line checks, reading pre snap defense, taking snaps from center.

My guess is they want him to master these first before worrying about the mechanics (which probably would need to be worked on in the off season).
          I believe they don't really care about his mechanics as much as some fans do. Better feet is something they probably hope for, but that will come with reps, confidence, and more reliable pass protection.

Comment

• Like I said... From Shotgun the guy is good.
            He's a Rookie getting used to the speed of things. But he has talent.
            Still on track to be the QBOTF.

Let's see him with the #2's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action View Post
              Lock's game is so similar to a young Jay Cutler (Lock faster release). Both poor foot mechanics lol
              Yeah ... At least twice Lock threw off his back foot without being pressured. It seems like his poor mechanics give back much of the advantage his arm strength gives him.

But it definitely seemrd like he made progress from week one ... not exactly sure what that progress entailed, but it was there.

_______

Hogan needs to try harder.

_______

Wish Flacco would have displayed more red zone killer instinct, but hey, it was just one trip.

Comment

• Greaseball said on the telecast Denver will keep 3 QBs but at some point this year Lock needs to pass Hogan

things can change based on practice performance but sounds like 3 QBs are in the plans for now

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                  Greaseball said on the telecast Denver will keep 3 QBs but at some point this year Lock needs to pass Hogan

things can change based on practice performance but sounds like 3 QBs are in the plans for now
                  if Lock can’t beat out Hogan, then odds are he’ll bust,IMO. Lock, I’m betting, will be the #2 by the start of the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                    Greaseball said on the telecast Denver will keep 3 QBs but at some point this year Lock needs to pass Hogan

.....it sounds like I was right....again.

Comment

• Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

if Lock can’t beat out Hogan, then odds are he’ll bust,IMO. Lock, I’m betting, will be the #2 by the start of the regular season.
                      I wouldn’t read to much in Lock potential based upon his spot on the depth chart. I’m getting the feeling this staff has already made the decision based upon “experience” vs potential or what happens on the field. I expect Hogan will be #2 on game day.

Comment

• Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

I wouldn’t read to much in Lock potential based upon his spot on the depth chart. I’m getting the feeling this staff has already made the decision based upon “experience” vs potential or what happens on the field. I expect Hogan will be #2 on game day.
                        Hogan doesn’t have enough experience to outweigh Locks potential nor is Hogan good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                          Like I said... From Shotgun the guy is good.
                          He's a Rookie getting used to the speed of things. But he has talent.
                          Still on track to be the QBOTF.

Let's see him with the #2's.

I went back and watch his passes. He's doing some good stuff. He gets the ball out FAST. He's making reads and progressions. He's studying, improving, and that arm is a cannon.

Comment

• Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

If Lock cant beat out Flacco sometime this year, he will likely bust. I struggle with how slow some are to accept the fact that Flacco is in that bottom tier of starting QBs. He is bad, and against the Seahawks he looked just as he has the last 4 years. Inaccurate and unwilling to throw beyond 10 yards, and unable to stand in the pocket. Things you might expect from a rookie.

Comment

• I had flash backs of 1983 on that 2 point Conversion. I have only seen that kind of arm here on two other guys... Elway & Cutler. I'll take Lock over Memphis Belle all day long.
                              He ain't another Duke, but he could be better than Cutler ever was. I'm happy.
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Lock was obviously raw and inconsistent with his mechanics and reads. All of which should be expected of a rookie QB playing in a preseason game with 4th and 5th string players. He made that anticipatory frozen rope throw to Fumagalli which an was absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the 2s. That being said, kid is nowhere near ready to play. If Flacco gets hurt/epically sucks during the regular season, Scangarello would have really scale the offense back and modify it incorporate read/option read concepts if they were to give Lock regular season starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X