• Show
Clear All

• R8R H8R
    replied

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    Hogan is semi pointless, he's a guy who can help coach up Lock on how to be a pro QB and be like an extra coach but he's not the guy who should be backing up Flacco.
    Hogan should be on the sideline holding a clip board preparing for a career in coaching.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Hogan is semi pointless, he's a guy who can help coach up Lock on how to be a pro QB and be like an extra coach but he's not the guy who should be backing up Flacco.

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by yerner View Post

Again, I am saying Elway needs to remove Hogan from the equation. Why the **** is that so hard to understand? Elway doesnt understand his job. Choose the path...
    That’s not what you said in the post I replied to; you were talking about reps and Hogan as the backup, and Elway doesn’t control that, nor should he. It’s easier to understand things when you actually say what you mean. I believe Lock will eventually grab that backup job, but not until after he EARNS it. Why the **** is that so hard to understand?

Leave a comment:

• yerner
    replied
    Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post

Wait, are you saying you don't like that Hogan is #2?
    No, but I do like sarcasm. Just trying to argue the omane back to life one troll at a time.

Leave a comment:

• yerner
    replied
    Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

If you really believe that Elway is dictating & suppressing reps for Lock, or any player for that matter, then it is you that is delusional. For the second time just in this thread, coaches dictate reps and playing time, not GM’s. You are insulting Fangio if you are going to insist otherwise.

But do you really believe that Elway favors Hogan over the guy HE moved up in the 2nd round to grab? All reports say that Lock was his favorite QB in this draft, and by the way he followed him throughout Lock’s senior year, it’s hard to argue. Elway’s own reputation is on the line with Lock.

So why in the world would he purposely favor a marginal talent like Hogan over his potential QBOTF that he paid a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for? If your using logic & reason and not emotion, you can’t come to any other choice, but that he doesn’t.
    Again, I am saying Elway needs to remove Hogan from the equation. Why the **** is that so hard to understand? Elway doesnt understand his job. Choose the path...

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Hogan looked inept and clueless out there last game.

I watched 3-4 years of this guy, and was drastically excited I didn’t have to watch him ever again.

Until now. Hope he never sees the field, cause that not only means Flacco got injured, it also means Lock sucks enough to not even be a back up.

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied

elway is a ****ing delusional idiot if he thinks it matters if hogan comes in as a backup after flacco gets hurt. He is borderline negligent for giving that scrub reps. I wouldnt put it past him that its a Stanford allegiance
    If you really believe that Elway is dictating & suppressing reps for Lock, or any player for that matter, then it is you that is delusional. For the second time just in this thread, coaches dictate reps and playing time, not GM’s. You are insulting Fangio if you are going to insist otherwise.

But do you really believe that Elway favors Hogan over the guy HE moved up in the 2nd round to grab? All reports say that Lock was his favorite QB in this draft, and by the way he followed him throughout Lock’s senior year, it’s hard to argue. Elway’s own reputation is on the line with Lock.

So why in the world would he purposely favor a marginal talent like Hogan over his potential QBOTF that he paid a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for? If your using logic & reason and not emotion, you can’t come to any other choice, but that he doesn’t.

Leave a comment:

• LikeABoss5820
    replied
    Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

....are you sure? Do you read the other threads around here? A LOT of people here certainly had and continue to have those expectations.
    I mean, we hoped for progress, i dont think anyone thought he'd be a top 10 QB as a rookie.

Would be nice if he got to play with some NFL level talent, and not guys who will be cut in 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied
    Originally posted by Hartley View Post
    Watched the Haskins highlights, if you can call them highlights.

https://youtu.be/RzHRt9reLiE

Haskins was supposed to be polished, pro ready, and a sure fire. Just gives you a bit of perspective. ​

​​Lock is coming along just fine, nobody really expected him to come in and tear it up anyway. He is raw, but the talent is there. Seems in general rookies are just going to be rookies.
    ....are you sure? Do you read the other threads around here? A LOT of people here certainly had and continue to have those expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Hartley
    replied
    Watched the Haskins highlights, if you can call them highlights.

https://youtu.be/RzHRt9reLiE

Haskins was supposed to be polished, pro ready, and a sure fire. Just gives you a bit of perspective. ​

​​Lock is coming along just fine, nobody really expected him to come in and tear it up anyway. He is raw, but the talent is there. Seems in general rookies are just going to be rookies.

Leave a comment:

• itswutz4dinna
    replied

elway is a ****ing delusional idiot if he thinks it matters if hogan comes in as a backup after flacco gets hurt. He is borderline negligent for giving that scrub reps. I wouldnt put it past him that its a Stanford allegiance
    Wait, are you saying you don't like that Hogan is #2?

Leave a comment:

• yerner
    replied
    Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

The reason Hogan is still #2 , is because he has a better understanding of the playbook, and understands basic NFL concepts such as checks, audibles, etc. Lock is learning such things for the 1st time, in addition to his mechanics, etc, and is way behind Hogan in that regard. If we were in the regular season today, and Flacco went down, I would expect Hogan to come off the bench before Lock because he is way ahead Lock in those basics. It has nothing to do with Hogan’s lack of potential or arm talent, and more of his understanding of the position.

That said, the coaches obviously see Lock’s potential, and want him to take the #2 job quickly. But the team would know it if they just handed the job to him, and they wouldn’t respect that. Lock will eventually take the back up job, but when that happens is up to him, not Hogan or the coaches.

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaMagnum
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post

About right he is going to be a decent starter. I think you have pegged about right.
    He is going to be an above average starter for years. If he studies like Brady and Manning, he might grow into something very special.

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Originally posted by AlaskaMagnum View Post

I went back and watch his passes. He's doing some good stuff. He gets the ball out FAST. He's making reads and progressions. He's studying, improving, and that arm is a cannon.
    Lock looks pretty good this early. I've seen some rookies that are just completely lost about where to throw the ball, Brady Quinn kind of lost, Jimmy Clausen kind of lost, etc. Lock looks like he has a solid future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X