Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Day Thread: Preseason Week 1: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

    why couldn't the Broncos get this out of Lynch? BECAUSE THE COACHES SUCKED

    Forcing a system on a QB goes beyond the coaches.

    Comment


    • Denvers current offensive system sucks. Garbage. I cant believe this is what were stuck withfor now after the 5 years since Manning.
      Garbage in. Garbage out.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post


        Forcing a system on a QB goes beyond the coaches.
        Not sure what you are saying, the coaches had any system they wanted, they were not forced into one system or another

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

          Not sure what you are saying, the coaches had any system they wanted, they were not forced into one system or another
          its a continuing atmosphere of the same thing since Kubiak. Lynch failed here mostly because he’s an idiot. But the atmosphere didn’t do him any favors. Lmao at forcing an offense that didn’t fit him.

          Maybe this is the coaching staff that changes it. Lynch is a clown, but there’s something to what he said, as well as what other several past players/coaches have said, some of which are not clowns.

          Comment


          • Good for Paxton. I never understood why people hated him so much (DMac, the idiot #1). I think the team gave up on him pretty fast, and he was as much a project (if not more) than Lock. I don't know if he'll ever be more than a serviceable backup, but I'm happy for him. I hope Drew Lock has the right coaches around him who will give him the time he needs.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

              why couldn't the Broncos get this out of Lynch? BECAUSE THE COACHES SUCKED
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Paxton-Lynch-Cries-800x445.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	2480354

              You forgetting about this. Yes the coaches sucked but so does Lynch.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

                its a continuing atmosphere of the same thing since Kubiak. Lynch failed here mostly because he’s an idiot. But the atmosphere didn’t do him any favors. Lmao at forcing an offense that didn’t fit him.

                Maybe this is the coaching staff that changes it. Lynch is a clown, but there’s something to what he said, as well as what other several past players/coaches have said, some of which are not clowns.
                I think the coaching staff was an abomination under VJ. Lynch needed a different type of coaching staff, not necessarily one that would coddle him but one that could motivate him to be better. Again, design plays specifically for his skill set and put him into situations that highlight his strengths and build his confidence. Then, over time, when he is more comfortable and more confident, you start transitioning him to a more traditional offense where he does things like play action and 3-5-7 step drop backs from under center.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by steeledude View Post
                  Good for Paxton. I never understood why people hated him so much (DMac, the idiot #1). I think the team gave up on him pretty fast, and he was as much a project (if not more) than Lock. I don't know if he'll ever be more than a serviceable backup, but I'm happy for him. I hope Drew Lock has the right coaches around him who will give him the time he needs.
                  Really It's not like he never had a chance. To dumb to pick up the playbook in 3 years, Na, he sucks. The reason for the hate is the waste of the 1st round pick.

                  Comment


                  • I think Elway has a bad habit of reverting to what's familiar. If he tries a new system and it fails, he relapses back to what he knows (Kubes/Shanny protege). If a young QB fails, he relapses back to a mediocre but safe vet. If an inexperienced coach backfires, he goes for experience.

                    Maybe it's not always the wrong choice. Fangio is promising. But it is frustrating that Elway goes into these predictable loops. It literally wastes seasons.

                    Comment


                    • Someone mentioned earlier why they were playing back and only rushing 4. That’s who Fangio is. He hates to blitz. The 4 man rush were scrubs so naturally it’s not as effective.

                      Broncos defense will do a lot of this in 2019. Get used to the 4 man rushes. It can work cause Von and Co can get to the QB, but for it to succeed the back end will need to be nails in coverage. It will be interesting to see throughout the season if Fangio makes a system adjustment if they can’t be effective with that approach.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                        I think Elway has a bad habit of reverting to what's familiar. If he tries a new system and it fails, he relapses back to what he knows (Kubes/Shanny protege). If a young QB fails, he relapses back to a mediocre but safe vet. If an inexperienced coach backfires, he goes for experience.

                        Maybe it's not always the wrong choice. Fangio is promising. But it is frustrating that Elway goes into these predictable loops. It literally wastes seasons.
                        Atmosphere.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by steeledude View Post
                          Good for Paxton. I never understood why people hated him so much (DMac, the idiot #1). I think the team gave up on him pretty fast, and he was as much a project (if not more) than Lock. I don't know if he'll ever be more than a serviceable backup, but I'm happy for him. I hope Drew Lock has the right coaches around him who will give him the time he needs.
                          Yep, I never understood it either, I think the previous coaching staff got zero to nothing out of Lynch because they didn't have a freaking clue what they were doing...

                          Comment


                          • In the 1st half, when many/most of the players on both teams will make the team were playing, the Broncos system was waaay better than the Seahawks system. If the 1st half Broncos OL was ****ing up as much as the Seahawks OL did, you guys would be going ballistic.

                            A 4th year former 1st rd draft pick tearing apart 4th stringers in a preseason game is not proof of anything other than he did what he should be doing. He proved NOTHING last night other than maybe he’s starting to take football a little more seriously than he did when he was here.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

                              I think the coaching staff was an abomination under VJ. Lynch needed a different type of coaching staff, not necessarily one that would coddle him but one that could motivate him to be better. Again, design plays specifically for his skill set and put him into situations that highlight his strengths and build his confidence. Then, over time, when he is more comfortable and more confident, you start transitioning him to a more traditional offense where he does things like play action and 3-5-7 step drop backs from under center.
                              Lynch had multiple staffs here. You can say they stunted his growth by a being a revolving door, but plays weren’t designed to fit his strengths from Kubiak or VJ. Lynch still is an idiot. He could be a capable back up in this league though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X