X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolf754life View Post

those in the know,

know this...

he was playing with a malady of injuries at the end of the year.

he hit the rookie wall physically.

The knock on him is how soft he is, mentally and physically.

Noah did a good job proving he is mentally sound for the nfl.

Now he needs to build his body and strength for the long haul an nfl career is.

Many people are skeptical he can meet the thresholds required physically for NFL tight end toughness and strength.

There is a reason this freak of talent lasted until the 20th pick.

Sounds about right. I know he was banged up a bit during the Chiefs game and honestly wouldn't have been too surprised if they had decided to shut him down for the season. Playing TE in the NFL is hard on the body. Towards the end of his career you could see that Gronkowski was largely saving himself for the playoffs and he would still get dinged up. Hopefully Fant can come back strong in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolf754life View Post

those in the know,

know this...

he was playing with a malady of injuries at the end of the year.

he hit the rookie wall physically.

The knock on him is how soft he is, mentally and physically.

Noah did a good job proving he is mentally sound for the nfl.

Now he needs to build his body and strength for the long haul an nfl career is.

Many people are skeptical he can meet the thresholds required physically for NFL tight end toughness and strength.

There is a reason this freak of talent lasted until the 20th pick.

I agree with most of that but I don't think he was some off the charts freak athlete. A very good athlete yes, a freak, no. He went 20th because there were alot of very good players on the board before him. Being picked 20th in the 1st round for a TE is pretty damn good. He definitely has to fine tune some things in his game. Like most great college players that come into the NFL, they realize after the 1st year their size/athleticism/speed isn't good enough by itself at this level like it was in college. They need to work on technique if they want to be a good NFL player.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
        blocking ?
        Pre-snap penalties ?
        fant has a long way to go to earn my respect.
        bump

Comment

that has been most upsetting to me. last game I do not think he had ANY pre-snap penalties.
          that's a great start to improvement.
          bump

Comment

again thanks for the numbers.
            I will look at them again when I see him turn the wrong way on a pass route, drop an easy catch, come off a block to a guy who eventually makes the tackle, lines up off side, jumps the snap, commits a down field penalty that takes away a big play and when he FUMBLES !
            yes, I will look at these numbers again and suck my thumb and tell myself that the FRDP for fant was justified .
            sure.
            bump

Comment

• "Peyton Manning can't run a 40"

Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by FlaBroncosFan View Post

And he ran backwards.
                Maybe we should draft a goalie, just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                  "Peyton Manning can't run a 40"

Bump
                  touche funny .

Comment

• Fant improved tremendously over the first season of his bright career.
                    I am happy he transcended the criticism.
                    To say I am sorry to have doubted him is insufficient.
                    I set my pubic hairs on fire.
                    you are welcome.

Comment

• Really excited about fant after this season. Adds an element in the slot and inline that Denver hasn't had in years. Trading down and getting a trio of fant, risner, lock in the first two rounds looks good so far.

Another wr to stretch the field and all of a sudden an offense with lock, Lindsay, Sutton, fant, new wr, and Hamilton is an o with a ton of potential. Fix the oline, add a wr and a rotational rb to go with Lindsay and it's looking good on o for the first time since Midway through 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X