Noah Fant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah Fant

Fant was by far the biggest let down last night. Anytime you take a TE in the first I expect big things. You should be able to take a great TE in the 3rd or 4th so when you take one in the first he should be exceptional. Maybe you won't agree but this is my thought process. I just went back and rewatched the game. Yes I understand it was pre-season but this should be his audition.

I noticed the announcers talking about how great his blocking was . I was scratching my head as I thought that was the one area he needs help in. Am I wrong ? After re watching the game he wasn't any better at blocking then he was catching.

Also why didn't he play the whole game ? He needs all the help he can get at this point.

Lastly with him all ready getting in trouble with the coach for being a primadonna in camp, followed up by the play on the field. I think we may have very well waisted our first round draft pick

I sure hope I'm wrong. I also understand that this was his first game. However this was the person I looked forward to seeing on the field and had huge hopes for, but it was nothing but disappointments.

Rant over.

I thought he showed flashes of what he was drafted for. He was blocking and showing speed in routes. How do some of you guys deal with real life ups and downs? JC he is a rookie in the ****tiest game of the year at a position most guys struggle when they are rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      I thought he showed flashes of what he was drafted for. He was blocking and showing speed in routes. How do some of you guys deal with real life ups and downs? JC he is a rookie in the ****tiest game of the year at a position most guys struggle when they are rookies.
      He is a rookie trying for a spot in the NFL. There are no ****ty games to him, or there shouldn't be. He should take every snap seriously . He should act as though it could be his last. TE is not the toughest position to learn. Also where in the game did you see good blocking from him? I must have missed that twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post

He is a rookie trying for a spot in the NFL. There are no ****ty games to him, or there shouldn't be. He should take every snap seriously . He should act as though it could be his last. TE is not the toughest position to learn. Also where in the game did you see good blocking from him? I must have missed that twice.
        I hate to tell you he isnt trying for a spot. Never said TE is the toughest position to learn but it is one rookies tend to struggle to adjust to the NFL.
        Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 08-02-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

He looked like a rookie to me, typical. I didn’t expect anything too much more. These guys are adjusting ti a different life, playbook, yada yada. He’ll get up to speed but I don’t expect great things from him this year, next I would.

I missed what he did to piss off coach?

Comment

Chill out bro. It was the 1st pre-season game. New QB's, new OC, new offensive staff, new HC.

Comment

I mentioned in another thread that Stink was raving about his blocking this morning because he said it was way better than his scouting reports suggest. Stink always focuses on OL play and TE’s when they in-line and blocking. I also mentioned that someone who puts an effort into blocking means they are NOT loafing, but doing a thankless job for the team. Julius Thomas got blasted here, rightfully so, because he refused to be a team player and at least try to block

Last night, he dropped a sure 1st down, got a ball way overthrown to him, and caught another for a 1st down. But he’ll be fine. He’s a rookie and trying to figure it all out. Health permitting, he WILL be a major contributor, particularly in the red zone, early in the season, and probably will be the starter by season end. Nothing to see here. Also, I completely disagree with the statement that the TE position is not the toughest position to learn. Any rookie’s head would be swimming right now, he’s no different. No reason to panic unless it’s mid season and he’s constantly on the inactive list. Until then, let’s see if he does better next game, huh?

Comment

We should definitely cut him immediately.

Comment

I'm not Panicking, I'm disappointed. If you are a TE that goes #22 and was projected to go higher then that then you should be a starter. I also heard that he would be walk on the field read. He was considered by many to be a Large WR more so then a TE . The had hands of glue and 4.5 speed . These were scouts that get paid huge $$ to figure this out. So I think I should be Disappointed. If it weren't for reading reports that in camp he already thought he was the **** , I probably wouldn't be as bad but hey if you are going to talk the talk then walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                    We should definitely cut him immediately.
                    Then we might as well include Lock because he had a worse night. I think Elway is back to a bottle of Dewers during the draft. Two busts in the first two rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

Then we might as well include Lock because he had a worse night. I
                      After re watching the game I have to Disagree. If you would have asked me last night I would have agreed with you . Although Lock was not great he wasn't all that bad. He kinda got boned by his players. He needs to work on his foot work and putting touch and loft under his balls.

Comment

I'm not Panicking, I'm disappointed. If you are a TE that goes #22 and was projected to go higher then that then you should be a starter. I also heard that he would be walk on the field read. He was considered by many to be a Large WR more so then a TE . The had hands of glue and 4.5 speed . These were scouts that get paid huge $$ to figure this out. So I think I should be Disappointed. If it weren't for reading reports that in camp he already thought he was the **** , I probably wouldn't be as bad but hey if you are going to talk the talk then walk the walk.
                        Actually the scouting report that I read mentioned occasional drops as a negative. Last night was a perfect example of it. Hogan threw a good pass that hit him in the hands and Fant dropped it. I listen to guys like Stink, Nalen, & Stokely regularly. Most of them have seen every practice. Even though they have criticized him for his issues, they have seen enough to see this kid is a probable star. They also realize that not all rookies progress at the same pace, after all, they were rookies once also; they know. Also, the issues that he had concerning his attitude and not finishing plays, have been buried since the first week. That’s a positive. Like I said, nothing to see here.

Comment

First game as a rookie.

Flacco loves him some tight ends, and this whole system is based off our "STARTING" O-line getting the run game humming, then creating play action opportunities. I believe all those things will happen, and Fant will take off by midway through the season.

Let's see our starters operating as a unit before we judge any of these guys.

Comment

After re watching the game I have to Disagree. If you would have asked me last night I would have agreed with you . Although Lock was not great he wasn't all that bad. He kinda got boned by his players. He needs to work on his foot work and putting touch and loft under his balls.
                            Ok, but I was joking.

Comment

Fant is fast and he will catch plenty of passes. I'm not really concerned about that. So long as he stays healthy, unlike the last half-dozen or so TEs we've brought in.

His blocking was much better than I expected, and this is a team that is going to depend heavily on the running game, so that's a big plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X