• Show
Clear All

Inglorious Bastards is a work of art!

Comment

No Django Love

Comment

Originally posted by tsmarine1 View Post
        My favorite will always be Pulp but Basterds is severely underrated. Will be viewed as a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
          No Django Love
          Good movie but takes forever before it really gets interesting. The 3rd act was typical Tarantino, fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

Good movie but takes forever before it really gets interesting. The 3rd act was typical Tarantino, fantastic.
            Huh. Really? Tarantino does like a slow build, and Django is no different, but I was pretty riveted from the beginning. It's probably my favorite movie of his.

Comment

I saw Once Upon a Time with my dad last night. He couldn't stay awake and left about halfway through. Several other walk-outs as well. It's a slow build even by Tarantino standards, so it's not going to be for everyone. I don't mind it when a director takes his/her time provided that the characters and dialogue interest me, and that was definitely the case here. And the payoff was well worth it, though it was predictably unpredictable (if that makes sense?). If you've seen Tarantino's other movies (especially Inglorious and Django), you'll probably figure out how it's going end. Still awesome, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tsmarine1 View Post
                Yeah that was the only good one he’s made since pulp fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                  I saw Once Upon a Time with my dad last night. He couldn't stay awake and left about halfway through. Several other walk-outs as well. It's a slow build even by Tarantino standards, so it's not going to be for everyone. I don't mind it when a director takes his/her time provided that the characters and dialogue interest me, and that was definitely the case here. And the payoff was well worth it, though it was predictably unpredictable (if that makes sense?). If you've seen Tarantino's other movies (especially Inglorious and Django), you'll probably figure out how it's going end. Still awesome, though.
                  I don’t mind slow builds if it’s not a long winded and masturbatory circle jerk of actors over acting. Which is 99% of his ****

Comment

most of you could make a much better movie than QT.
                    probably run a better gas station too.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post

Huh. Really? Tarantino does like a slow build, and Django is no different, but I was pretty riveted from the beginning. It's probably my favorite movie of his.
                      this is a solid take.

for some reason i did not like the Kill Bill (and Jackie Brown) movies. I was bored to death for most of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post

this is a solid take.

for some reason i did not like the Kill Bill (and Jackie Brown) movies. I was bored to death for most of the movie.
                        I remember thinking while I was watching it that it's a different sort of movie, and a wonderful sort of movie, because it took its time to create an immersive impression of the characters, the time, and the place. And then the ending was a glorious orgasm of violence and humor after a very long buildup.

Comment

Working...
                        X