X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Make Playoffs............IF: Vic Fangio fixes the ILB's

Schemes,

Fits,

Having the right personell on the field at the critical moments. Thats what the great ones do, they are always ready.

Todd Davis and Josey Jewell, they decide where this defense ends up. Solid upfront and in the back, let us see Fangios D RE ACT

No Turnovers, Smart decisions, low scoring, tough offensive football.

With Vic and his D, we will be in every game. No doubt about that.

This team cannot afford mistakes big or small, the room for margin is that small. BuT, the opportunity is that BIG!

But their is an opportunity here "A big one" to get a solid offense and make the playoff.

I'm revising, I'm calling 10-6, with a first round playoff road win.

Lets Go!

INFANGIO WE GO!

JOEFLACCOREDEMPTION TOUR SEAT 1A! Baby

hope this tour serves drinks, its gonna need em! Looking forward to this season!

W.

Listening to reports from 104.3, it sounds like Fangio's been pretty happy with what he's been seeing from Jewell. Just have to hope that Davis' injury doesn't linger into the regular season.

Comment

defense, run game, kicking game advantage...
      I can see us on the plus side of a lot of 17-10 contests.

Comment

munchak, run game, flacco, play action.
        pretty deep ball, the kubiak 7.

Comment

It will all come down to QB play.

Comment

Bend don’t break, hang around and let your opponent make an error football...

Flacco being anything better than what we expect only improved that blueprint.

gonna be an interesting season...

Comment

Unless our LBs can put up 25 points a game, making/how far we get in the playoffs will depend on how Flacco performs.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                It will all come down to QB play.
                It will come down to how effective they are at a balanced offense. They can run that with Flacco. He will not pass the ball 600 times, and thank God they won't have an offense that is built that way.

It will not be lighting things up like 2013, but will probably be more dynamic than the last 3 seasons.

Until the NFL has successfully hammered out the entire running game like they have been trying over the last 20 years, it is still far more effective to have a balanced offense with a dynamic defense.

Those are the two common denominators on teams that actually win it.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                  Unless our LBs can put up 25 points a game, making/how far we get in the playoffs will depend on how Flacco performs.
                  25 points per game? Huh....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...sition/defense

You think this defense will be ranked 25th or worse? Considering that the worst defenses in the league give up 25 or more per game. I think this defense could be in the top 5 for PPG ranking. If they can give up 19 points to 17 points per game, this team could win a lot.

This offense is not going to be needing to score that much to win.

Lets look at the top half defenses over the last few seasons, just to get an idea of how many points will be crucial to score.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...ense/year/2017

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...ense/year/2016

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...ense/year/2015

The numbers are pretty much the same each year. So, it will not be necessary for this offense to have to score so many points. It will be imperative that they are in the lower half of the league in giveaways, and a commitment to balance. Well, they will be committed to balance, and we will have to see how they do with the protecting the ball. A veteran QB tends to be better in that regard.

Comment

First post that ever made me think wolf was a Broncos fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                      I know, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                        My first reaction - Wolf just changed his meds.

Not sure if this is a good thing however, he predicted gloom and doom during the 2015 campaign.

Comment

Wolf's account has been hacked lol...thanks for the enthusiasm brother. We'll see. Everything hinges on QB play. When is the last time we had even average play from that position?

Comment

I do think Jewell is a big reason why the Broncos didn’t draft an ILB or bring in a FA ILB.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                              I do think Jewell is a big reason why the Broncos didn’t draft an ILB or bring in a FA ILB.
                              Jewell is solid but he plays slow. I think they brought in Hollins for this reason. Before I was worried about this part of the Bronco defense -- but am no longer concerned. Fangio is a LB coach, after all. He knows what he's doing.

If the new defensive backs work out, and if the offensive line gels, watch out, Denver will surprise a lot of people. Team has lots of playmakers, lots of young talent and many positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X