What happened around here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

Well I didn't say I agree. I've always argued that people should be allowed to be critical of the team here. I've actually argued for you to spout your nonsense specifically, and we shouldn't ban people if they follow the rules just because we don't like what they have to say.

That said, it's also not "childish" to not want to spend time listening to people bitch and moan about a football team and how it's run. That sounds awful, and if you have more fun doing other things, that doesn't make you a "sissy" at all. It makes you an adult who probably has their priorities right.
    Well, thanks for arguing that my nonsense is supportable. It's not nonsense, though, ya bum.

Comment

When you get off this site, it's hell to get back on again. Just since the software update.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post

Stupid **** like this has chased many away. Get over the BS hate/past and move on. Hearing the same crap by some for the past 7-12 years got real stale.
        Don't let John Redcorn bother you.
        Last edited by tsmarine1; 07-25-2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

We started to approach 10k no-shows this year. A threshold we probably haven't hit since 2000.

I'd imagine that has a cost in the mid 6-figures in peripheral revenue. Over a season, easily a multi-million $ problem.

Plus lack of enthusiasm in general probably dampens stadium sales, even among attendees. Just think about how when we suck we tend to have more fans of other teams attend. Those guys aren't hitting the team store or souvenir stands.

It's not going to make or break the franchise, but they definitely notice.
          I'm sure they notice where they are gaining/losing money every year. I'm sure it changes from year to year too. However, until the stadium starts looking like the Chargers, or Jags or Dolphins on a regular basis from start to finish of the game, I don't think we need to think that the team has a problem.

BTW, where are you getting your no-show numbers from? I'd like to see them if you have a link to them.

Comment

Not even a RIP thread for Rutger Hauer.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

I'm sure they notice where they are gaining/losing money every year. I'm sure it changes from year to year too. However, until the stadium starts looking like the Chargers, or Jags or Dolphins on a regular basis from start to finish of the game, I don't think we need to think that the team has a problem.

BTW, where are you getting your no-show numbers from? I'd like to see them if you have a link to them.
              “While the Broncos have maintained their NFL record 49-year and 401-game sellout streak, Mile High attendance this season exceeded more than 2,000 “no-shows” in four of six home games — 2,079 vs. Seattle; 9,131 vs. Los Angeles (Rams); 4,222 vs. Houston and 2,882 vs. Pittsburgh (when a large contingent of Steelers’ fans helped fill the stadium).”

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/1...s-week-15-nfl/

more than 2000 in four games reaches Beavis’s number.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

“While the Broncos have maintained their NFL record 49-year and 401-game sellout streak, Mile High attendance this season exceeded more than 2,000 “no-shows” in four of six home games — 2,079 vs. Seattle; 9,131 vs. Los Angeles (Rams); 4,222 vs. Houston and 2,882 vs. Pittsburgh (when a large contingent of Steelers’ fans helped fill the stadium).”

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/1...s-week-15-nfl/

more than 2000 in four games reaches Beavis’s number.

I don't see 2000 no-shows in a game as too much of a big deal for the most part. Now the 4000, and esp the 9000, now that is odd. There had to be a reason for 9000 people to no-show for the Seattle game.

Regardless, Denver is not hurting over this. If they truly are, then they just need to sale the team because they have screwed Pats legacy to hell.

Comment

I don't see 2000 no-shows in a game as too much of a big deal for the most part. Now the 4000, and esp the 9000, now that is odd. There had to be a reason for 9000 people to no-show for the Seattle game.

Regardless, Denver is not hurting over this. If they truly are, then they just need to sale the team because they have screwed Pats legacy to hell.

I don’t either. I’m just providing something that Beavis said the team was approaching 10K no shows last year.

All teams share revenue. If someone decides to buy a Steelers jersey instead of a broncos jersey it doesn’t matter cause all teams get that money. Ticket sales have never been a problem. Seeing a bunch of fans from other teams(which is happening) is a problem.

Comment

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...ost-since-2010

In October, an incredible 9,131 fans no showed the Broncos game against the Los Angeles Rams. Even worse, the stadium was half full as Case Keenum and the Broncs offense made a bit of a comeback to make the score closer than it should have been.

According to Mike Klis of 9News, the last time this many fans no showed to a game was when Josh McDaniels was coaching the team against the St. Louis Rams in 2010.

That could be a bad omen for Vance Joseph as he continues to try to field a winning football team. As it stands, Joseph has the worst winning percentage as a Broncos head coach since the 60s and patience has all but worn out with fans

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

I don’t either. I’m just providing something that Beavis said the team was approaching 10K no shows last year.

All teams share revenue. If someone decides to buy a Steelers jersey instead of a broncos jersey it doesn’t matter cause all teams get that money. Ticket sales have never been a problem. Seeing a bunch of fans from other teams(which is happening) is a problem.
                      Also important to note that stadium merchandise sales go straight to the franchise. There's no sharing on that merchandise. Licensed merchandise sold anywhere else is revenue-shared.

Having opposing fans in the building doesn't pay as well. Except to any extent they may prop up ticket prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Having opposing fans in the building doesn't pay as well.
                        Of course not. But it's gonna be a bumpy road if they can't get the ownership figured out and get some kind of stability back. In the end, I think they will be fine. If they can't figure it out, then they just need to sale it instead of letting it go to shlt first.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

Of course not. But it's gonna be a bumpy road if they can't get the ownership figured out and get some kind of stability back. In the end, I think they will be fine. If they can't figure it out, then they just need to sale it instead of letting it go to shlt first.
                          I just want the thing sold. Vs 17 Bowlen kids all milking whatever they can for the rest of their lives.

It's a valuable property in need of a capital infusion. That's not going to happen with a bunch of silver spoon brats haggling over the scraps.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I just want the thing sold. Vs 17 Bowlen kids all milking whatever they can for the rest of their lives.

It's a valuable property in need of a capital infusion. That's not going to happen with a bunch of silver spoon brats haggling over the scraps.
                            I'm hitting the 'Like' button so hard right now. bahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoman13 View Post
                              It’s the first few days of training camp... I come on the Mane to see the days news and there are 5 threads with posts from today. What gives? Did something happen and a mass exodus followed? Where the heck is everyone?!!
                              Eh, I think a lot of it is just people being busy. SoCal is usually a monster poster around this time of the year and he's barely been on.
                              Same thing with me, I've been slammed at work and barely posted much in the past month or so.

As the season gets closer, the posters will return.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsmarine1 View Post

Don't let John Redcorn bother you.
                                Ah... Another racist comment from an ignorant coward.

I've delt with your kind all my life.
                                So you ain't making me leave.
                                Nor are you doing anything beyond making yourself look like the racist you are.
                                ​​​​​​
                                So carry on 6'5" wuss.

Everyone else... I love you all fellow Broncos fans...

​​​​​​
                                ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X