What happened around here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

No there won't. And even if there are empty seats, they have been paid for and that's all they care about.

Not really true. Ticket $ alone is just one variable. For every person who "no shows", that's less parking $, less concession $, less merchandise $, etc. Fewer "butts in the seats" actually hurts more than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
      It's disappointing how many of you entitled uppity babies are abandoning your team.....certainly makes trolling a lot less fun when the "die hard" broncos fans turn out to be a bunch of front running band wagon jumpers. Credit to those of you who are here for the bad times (and they are bad and not getting better anytime soon)
      There are no games of any consequence for almost two more months. Pace yourself.

Comment

Flacco is garbage, but I'm excited to see what Fangio does with the defense. He's been absolute money everywhere he's been. We win-lossed ourselves all the way to Super Bowl 50. No reason why we can't do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

I don’t see a lot of complaining this offseason compared to previous offseasons. Only about the QB this year. Posters you’re referring to(except me) stopped posting too. When’s the last time GoDenother posted? Wolfe just posted after months...

There was plenty of traffic right up until the server went down. Then a week of no website, new format that people don’t like came with massive bugs that are still here months later. Exactly the same time people stopped posting.

OM posters never shied away from negative posters. Negative threads/posters had far more responses/comments/traffic than positive threads.

Its the new format combined with Broncos sucking/boring.
          Agree. The new format made it feel like a new website and I am getting close to 50 to not be looking for a new site. I am set in my ways for many things and that includes the old format. I have also tried to not waste time at work so I can make some money. Once the season starts up, we should see a lot more activity.

Comment

My biggest reason for not posting is the new site. Offseason too

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

Not really true. Ticket $ alone is just one variable. For every person who "no shows", that's less parking $, less concession $, less merchandise $, etc. Fewer "butts in the seats" actually hurts more than you think.
              As far as the seats are concerned, they have been paid for. Do you really think there will be enough no shows this season that it is going to hurt them? I don't. If there are empty seats, 99% of those will be from people who showed up, then left sometime during the game, like, always.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

As far as the seats are concerned, they have been paid for. Do you really think there will be enough no shows this season that it is going to hurt them? I don't. If there are empty seats, 99% of those will be from people who showed up, then left sometime during the game, like, always.
                We started to approach 10k no-shows this year. A threshold we probably haven't hit since 2000.

I'd imagine that has a cost in the mid 6-figures in peripheral revenue. Over a season, easily a multi-million $ problem.

Plus lack of enthusiasm in general probably dampens stadium sales, even among attendees. Just think about how when we suck we tend to have more fans of other teams attend. Those guys aren't hitting the team store or souvenir stands.

It's not going to make or break the franchise, but they definitely notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                  Where were you?

That's probably where everyone else is...

Hey. Maybe Tebow & Jesus came by and took the good people and left me, you, and Drunk behind?... Maybe Flacco is the anti-Tebow? And this was a test. And we are the ones that failed...

But then Hobo is like a Saint, and he's still here.

Must just be Flacco ambivalence combined with the site under-construction status of the OMane...

​​​​
                  Stupid **** like this has chased many away. Get over the BS hate/past and move on. Hearing the same crap by some for the past 7-12 years got real stale.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post

Stupid **** like this has chased many away. Get over the BS hate/past and move on. Hearing the same crap by some for the past 7-12 years got real stale.
                    Where did they all move to? Why is pretty much every Bronco-related forum even slower than this one?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Where did they all move to? Why is pretty much every Bronco-related forum even slower than this one?
                      Dead. They have no traffic at all, but plenty of positivity.

Comment

when the site updated, my user name and password no longer worked. i had to contact guys to help me get back online here. i wonder if that killed a bunch of peoples accounts??

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post

So a joke I made did it?
                          ​​​​​
                          Hot damn. Drunken... You hear this?
                          I'm one of the agitators with you and Ag...

Woohoo!

Wait till OABB finds out that he wasn't included, but I was.... (Don't be all jealous man)

​​​​​
                          (Maybe I pushed a Tebutton?)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

So a joke I made did it?
                            ​​​​​
                            Hot damn. Drunken... You hear this?
                            I'm one of the agitators with you and Ag...

Woohoo!

Wait till OABB finds out that he wasn't included, but I was.... (Don't be all jealous man)

​​​​​
                            (Maybe I pushed a Tebutton?)
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	st9510b519c64a0ae4.gif
Views:	299
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	2474781

Comment

I don't lurk as much since the "upgrade" because it feels like a clunky interface from the early days of the internet (modems, et al). That, combined with the lack of new threads, or news makes it seem to be more of a hassle than it's worth. Also, when I do see a thread that looks interesting, it soon gets bogged down with negative or hate speech, or certain posters who seem to want to start petty arguments or belittle anyone else for not sharing their opinion or having their vast football knowledge. I'm well aware that I haven't contributed much over the years, but that's largely due to someone else already having said something that I thought of, or me not knowing enough of the subject to give an effective contribution to the thread. In my real life, I don't talk, just to talk.

That being said, I'm a bit more apprehensively excited about the upcoming season. I think that the defense will be exciting to watch, and it seems that the offensive coaching staff will be better at tailoring plays to better suit the players. I haven't been a fan of the Flacco signing, but all my complaining about it won't change things. He may actually be a decent placeholder while Lock gets the improvements that the coaches want to see. I couldn't care less about the lack of media attention, or the less-than-stellar predictions for this season. Look at how Von Miller has been in TC. Playful with people in the crowd, energetic, willing to challenge sack records. With his insight on the team, he seems to have a pretty positive outlook on the season. That says a lot to me.

Comment

You can tell people haven’t logged in since the new format, mostly because there hasn’t been any fighting on this site for months up until this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X