No announcement yet.

What happened around here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t now about others, but i haven’t been as engaged in Football in general since the Super Bowl win... it kind of felt like near perfection, and now win or lose I kind of feel ambivalent... my friends aren’t even talking about football, its kind of weird...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      Loved the "Denethor" reference. FWIW three posters have told me privately that DrunkenBroncoholic and Ags are why they don't visit anymore. I tend to think the Broncos sucking the last few seasons is a major factor. When we're winning, the negative Nancy's flee like cockroaches.
      Well, that's kinda sissy and childish reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsa Gregor View Post
        A few things have contributed in my opinion. The things in order of importance:

1) The Broncos have sucked for 2 seasons.
        2) The old website became unsupported by the server that had previously been hosting it, it took awhile for Taco to get the site back up, and the new site is still a bit buggy and lacks the charm of the old website.
        3) The people who still post consistently seem to be disproportionately from the Denethor crowd. It's not everyone, but there's a lot of them. If you look at a website and all you see is people complaining, are you going to go there or look for a different website?
        Thanks Gregor Samsa, you must be a Franz Kafka lover...

Comment

It's getting bashed on for everything you post. It gets old . I only come around now every few days now . It used to be my go to board. Bottom line though. We you bash on everyone for starting post that someone said something about 10 pages ago then people leave. It takes all the fun out of it and nobody wants to start threads . When no new threads are put up everyone leaves
          Last edited by Quoydogs; 07-21-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Lock will fire things up back half of the season and the fans will come out of the woodwork. Everyone's vacationing enjoying the summer right now.

Comment

The website is crap now (not the posters...), but the website itself is crap.

Comment

KC trolls are rampant up in here.

They always talk smack.
                Does that mean anyone ever ran away?

Aga has been here for ages, same for Drunken.
                Before Flacco and the upgrade did anyone care? People can't do ignore now, maybe that has something to do with it. But I doubt it is the big factor.

Used to be a bunch of people would just post around anything they felt they didn't need to touch. I think they still would. And others would engage... I, again, think they still would if they cared to do so... They don't seem to though.

Even Drunken himself doesn't buy him as being that important to stop a whole fan base from showing interest. No offense to Drunken intended, but he isn't that powerful. Hell, I'd wagger that if they wanted to do so, most Broncos fans have balls enough to just tell anyone what they thought... They just don't care to be on here at the moment... I doubt anyone is afraid of bullies pulling pigtails on the mane.

And I doubt that the mane being under-construction had anything to do with the people showing up to camp in small numbers.
                ​​​​
                They just aren't that excited about Flacco IMHO.
                Look how there was a group that backed up Keenum. And Seimian. And even Memphis Belle and Sloter and Kelly.... Yet No one was going, "we think Flacco is the answer."
                ​​​​​Everyone was more like, "Okay. That sucks. We admit it up front this time."

IMO, by the time the season starts people will accept the situation and cheer for their team.

​​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

The upgrade was anything but.

Comment

It's the off season......there's meat to toss on the BBQ, cold beer to drink and family time to enjoy. Life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                      ...People can't do ignore now, maybe that has something to do with it...
                      I don't know if this is keeping people away, but I will say this is a major annoyance for me. There's some posters around here that have to be ignored. They earn it with every character they type. I try to do it manually by just scrolling on by, but lots of times I'm reading and just start the next post. I get pissed off when I'm halfway thru some dumb-ass post and then look to see who laid the turd and it's someone that I try to avoid. Hopefully that gets rectified sooner rather than later.

As for the Broncos, I was definitely against Joe Flacco coming on board. I was against Keenum too. In a big way. I was unhappy to be right about that failed experiment, and I'm hoping to be wrong about the days of Flacco. I've tried to remember that Flacco is better than Keenum, but that's a slim ****ing margin to be hanging my hopes on. There's also the VJ is gone angle. Addition by subtraction exemplified.

Comment

The new site is fine. Administering it could be better. I have to say it's the topics/posters that are the problem. It's like today's politics. Both sides are extreme in nature when it comes to things like Elway, QBs... Really no room for plain old common sense. Or at least that's how it is for me.

Now that training camp is here, I plan to read this side more and get some nice nuggets from those that attend. I read the sports section of the post so I get plenty of what the organization wants me to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          Loved the "Denethor" reference. FWIW three posters have told me privately that DrunkenBroncoholic and Ags are why they don't visit anymore. I tend to think the Broncos sucking the last few seasons is a major factor. When we're winning, the negative Nancy's flee like cockroaches.

Interesting. Drunken and Aga never really bothered me that much, even when they were being more abrasive. If ever there were a pair of posters that would drive me from this site it would be wolf and action. I don’t remember wolf ever posting anything of value, and action only shows up to crap on threads and call everyone an idiot.

Comment

2 reasons i stopped posting :

1) Off season
                            2) website is horrible.. old one is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsa Gregor View Post
                              A few things have contributed in my opinion. The things in order of importance:

1) The Broncos have sucked for 2 seasons.
                              2) The old website became unsupported by the server that had previously been hosting it, it took awhile for Taco to get the site back up, and the new site is still a bit buggy and lacks the charm of the old website.
                              3) The people who still post consistently seem to be disproportionately from the Denethor crowd. It's not everyone, but there's a lot of them. If you look at a website and all you see is people complaining, are you going to go there or look for a different website?
                              Thats pretty damn funny, man. Denethor...now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. I’d give you a rep, but I can’t on this new website.

Comment

I saw Doc B this weekend and asked him why he quit posting and he said it the new format and I agree it is probably why a lot are leaving or just lurking.

Comment

Working...
                                X