What happened around here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

It is that way with all the stupid unwritten rules too.
    I swear to God, every time someone in baseball talks about unwritten rules and etc I want to scream out "IT'S THE GAME OF CHEATING!"
    You have people in the HOF who used nail files, pine tar, spit, horse steroids, corked bats, sign stealing and anything else they could do to gain an advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

I swear to God, every time someone in baseball talks about unwritten rules and etc I want to scream out "IT'S THE GAME OF CHEATING!"
      You have people in the HOF who used nail files, pine tar, spit, horse steroids, corked bats, sign stealing and anything else they could do to gain an advantage.
      Hey I served him up a meat ball that he sent 450 feet over the fence but since he flipped his bat and ran around the bases too slow I'm the victim. Time to bean him.

Comment

Hey I served him up a meat ball that he sent 450 feet over the fence but since he flipped his bat and ran around the bases too slow I'm the victim. Time to bean him.
        That one always makes me laugh. It's like a QB getting pissed off because the DB danced after a pick 6. If you don't want them to celebrate, don't get beat...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

He and TJ got into it over in the WRP forum. I don’t remember the exact thread or post he took umbrage with (and can’t figure out the search feature on my phone), but basically it ended with Aga saying he could no longer support a site ran by a fascist (Aga’s words, not mine). RIP.

So Aga hasn’t posted in a while and people still talk about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

So Aga hasn’t posted in a while and people still talk about him.
            Again, can’t get the search function to work, but this was probably only 2-3 weeks ago IIRC. It’s really too bad. Yes he could be an ahole at times (can’t we all?), but I generally liked reading his posts. The true test will be after the season starts, though. He might be back after he cools down.

Comment

• sorry guys i was banned for a month. ill try to do better

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

No kidding. MLB still has records on the books since the 90's steroid time. Ken Caminiti is still listed as the MVP for 1996 even though he admitted he used so much steroids his testicles disappeared since they weren't need anymore. Caminiti is in the Padres Hall of Fame even though he steroided himself into it.

The list goes on, I was so disgusted with what was blatant steroids in the 90's I stopped watching the game. And MLB pretended ignorance, even made up stories. Remember the story about how the hitting went up, Hank Aaron's home run record in danger? Story was, "The baseball composition has changed, the cork core is now springier, therefore the ball jumps off the bat" or some such ****.

Disgusting how some old-time team and League records were erased by steroid cheating. Alright, rant over, carry on . . . . . .

Comment

• This place has become a "**** hole" country at the current president mentioned in a speech many moons ago. Next to living in California, this place has become a 2nd place runner up with so much BS and know it all posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post

No kidding. MLB still has records on the books since the 90's steroid time. Ken Caminiti is still listed as the MVP for 1996 even though he admitted he used so much steroids his testicles disappeared since they weren't need anymore. Caminiti is in the Padres Hall of Fame even though he steroided himself into it.

The list goes on, I was so disgusted with what was blatant steroids in the 90's I stopped watching the game. And MLB pretended ignorance, even made up stories. Remember the story about how the hitting went up, Hank Aaron's home run record in danger? Story was, "The baseball composition has changed, the cork core is now springier, therefore the ball jumps off the bat" or some such ****.

Disgusting how some old-time team and League records were erased by steroid cheating. Alright, rant over, carry on . . . . . .
                    It was very entertaining during steroid era. Pitchers used them too. There are old time records that will never be broke still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoman13 View Post
                      Uh, I have no idea what your race is. Sounds like you’re ready to use it as an excuse too readily... if I don’t know/don’t care what you are and just think your looking for someone to argue with, then what?

I wasn't responding to you. Why do you think it was about you specifically?

Another guy called me "John Redcorn" because I'm a Native. He intended it as a belittling of me by calling me a stereotype cartoon character. His attempted dig was based on only my race.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Also...
                      I don't use excuses.
                      What do you think I need an excuse for exactly?

I'm well educated. I speak multiple languages.
                      ​​​I am wealthy, I am successful at what I love doing.
                      I am healthy. I have cheekbones like a carved statue and skin that others lay all day in the sun to try to simulate. I never have chest or back hair to shave. I'm like a unicorn stud (the kind of guy every non-racist wants married into their family).

Plus I'm a die-hard broncos fan. And a real Native that hates KC.

And I even made the agitators list.

I'm pretty amazing the way I see it. (^_^)

​​​​​​

Comment

It was very entertaining during steroid era. Pitchers used them too. There are old time records that will never be broke still.

juiced balls and whiffle ball stadium sizes skew more than roids do.

Way more home runs in today’s era. Yet that’s clean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post

Umm...most of those old records that were broken were cheated to acquire as well.
                          Baseball is all about cheating. There is no integrity, there is what you do and what you get caught doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

juiced balls and whiffle ball stadium sizes skew more than roids do.

Way more home runs in today’s era. Yet that’s clean?
                            Like they said in the 90's, chicks dig the long ball.

Comment

• The site being down & then the 'upgrade' combined with the slowest time in the NFL calendar and a relatively boring offseason for us after the coaching change/FA/draft (no real camp battles). And with the iggy feature not working... I think I've logged in 2, maybe 3 times in the last 2 months.

I'll probably be around a little more now.

Oh and glad to see that Aga is gone, that dude was 95% down the Footsteps psycho pathway.
                              Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 07-30-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Seems to be a combo of all of the above. General Bronco apathy (what have we had to be excited about the last few years?) new forum being buggy, and old links to it not working, and getting info from Twitter. That said, I do pine for the old days of Kaylore camp updates for those of us that don't live in Denver.

Comment

Working...
                                X