Training Camp Report 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp Report 2019

It's a beautiful day. Grass is awesomely manicured and thick.

Stretch just started. I'll be providing a recap later.

Today will be a good day, thank you sir!

Comment

Offense: Its the first couple of days. I've been going to practices for almost 15 years straight. For whatever reason the defense seems to always have the do better. Today was no different. QB's threw a few INT's and O-line gave a up a few would be sacks.

QB's:

#5 Joe Flacco: Threw 3 of the 4 INTs today. First one was during red zone, about 15 yards to the end zone. I think he tried to look off the safety. But I think #31 Justin Simmons saw the route develop and jumped the slot post and picked off Flacco. The other INT was off a tip that #47 Josie Jewell dived for. Otherwise I thought that Flacco had a good day. First throw was a stutter/go to #19 Fred Brown for a TD. Also Flacco threw a nice pass to #2 Trinity Benson on a "Dino" route. Threw another TD to #14 Courtland Sutton on a square in.

#9 Kevin Hogan: Second team QB. It was already announced that Hogan would start the HOF game. So it makes sense that he would get second team reps. Didn't go deep much. Started off slow with several with several missed passes. Best pass of the day from Hogan was a stick post route to #16 Kevin McKnight. Did throw the other INT to #31 Simmons. Simmons watched the play develop and jumped the route.

#3 Drew Lock: What can I say. Lock is a rookie, a rookie with a cannon for an arm. I think what people said that Lock needs to fix his feet are right. Lock missed a couple of easy passes to the flat. It was because he tried to use his arm instead of moving his feet first. Everybody said that Lock plays like Cutler. I see it. I was there when Cutler was a rookie here practicing on that field. Lock's throws a ball with a low trajectory an it gets there fast like fastball from a pitcher. Most of his misses were to the flat, arguably the easiest pass to complete. However, Lock did make nice connections with button hooks and Texas routes. One of the best passes from Lock was to #15 Jawann Winfree on a jump ball into double coverage. But He did throw 1 INT into double coverage. But it was more like a punt.

#4 Brett Rypien: 4th String QB. Didn't get many chances to throw.

Comment

Thanks for the camp report

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

I suspect Drew Lock will possess some of the same flaws common to strong armed Quarterbacks entering the league. He will trust his arm too much, try to fit it in too tight windows, test double coverage too often, and excessively prioritize down field shots even when a better option is available underneath. Fortunately, Drew appears to have a good head on his shoulder and I hope he can quickly learn the error of these traits.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Hobo

Comment

Hobo. Your efforts are very appreciated.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Good thing we picked up Flacco
                    Last edited by NoFlyZone; 07-21-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I live for these reports. Thanks so much.

Comment

Yeah man that’s awesome! I have high hopes for the rookies. I really hope they develop.

Comment

Working...
                        X