Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
    Shanny the coach almost got hired, but Shanny the GM was never in the running.

There was no way in hell the broncos were going to give back all the keys to the franchise to Mike.
    I would have taken Shanny the coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoBuff View Post

I would have taken Shanny the coach.
      Shanahan hinted that he, the GM, and QB needed to be on the same page. Makes me wonder if they discussed signing Keenum and Shanny wanted to go in a different direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

Shanahan hinted that he, the GM, and QB needed to be on the same page. Makes me wonder if they discussed signing Keenum and Shanny wanted to go in a different direction.
        I think it was probably early in the process when Cousins was the “desired” target. Shanny probably knew Cousins was unattainable and didn’t work out.

Comment

• It was all worked out that Elway would be GM and Shanny HC but the snake Joe Ellis was still holding grudges and made a power move over Elway to conduct a full coaching search if VJ was going to be replaced that's what Shanahan was talking about when he said everyone has got to be on the same page. Elway and Shanahan had worked all the details out and had shaken hands on a deal when they had a meeting that lasted several hours at Shanny's mansion but Elway had to go back to Ellis to get the green light and Shanahan told Elway that Elliss wouldnt okay the move and he was right. Shanahan was prepared to work under the same structure as all the other HC's under Elway with a big input on decisions but Elway would have final say. This was all confirmed by Woody Paige who broke the story and Les Shapiro who is tight with Elway and Shanahan.

Comment

• Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
            It was all worked out that Elway would be GM and Shanny HC but the snake Joe Ellis was still holding grudges and made a power move over Elway to conduct a full coaching search if VJ was going to be replaced that's what Shanahan was talking about when he said everyone has got to be on the same page. Elway and Shanahan had worked all the details out and had shaken hands on a deal when they had a meeting that lasted several hours at Shanny's mansion but Elway had to go back to Ellis to get the green light and Shanahan told Elway that Elliss wouldnt okay the move and he was right. Shanahan was prepared to work under the same structure as all the other HC's under Elway with a big input on decisions but Elway would have final say. This was all confirmed by Woody Paige who broke the story and Les Shapiro who is tight with Elway and Shanahan.
            if this is true, why wasn't Shanny included in the 2019 coach search? Ellis told John that he would have to complete a more extensive (normal) search for a coach.

Comment

if this is true, why wasn't Shanny included in the 2019 coach search? Ellis told John that he would have to complete a more extensive (normal) search for a coach.
              mainly due to Elway had already tried to get Shanny and Ellis wouldn't sign off on it.

Comment

There would never have been a search. Elway wanted Mike and Ellis said F no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

I think it was probably early in the process when Cousins was the “desired” target. Shanny probably knew Cousins was unattainable and didn’t work out.
                  I read from one source that Cousins was willing to take less and come to Denver if Shanahan was the coach. That could have been part of the "Shanahan" plan.

Still don't see what they saw in Vance Joseph to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

You mean he course corrects? Weird.
                    lol, I could of done with VJ . But I get what you are saying.

Comment

• Is there any reason that Chubb, Miller, Harrisx2 should play another down this preseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by titan View Post

I read from one source that Cousins was willing to take less and come to Denver if Shanahan was the coach. That could have been part of the "Shanahan" plan.

Still don't see what they saw in Vance Joseph to begin with.
                        VJ had very good rep and was seen as a up and comer in the coaching ranks. Kubes and Wade Phillips both speak highly of him.

Comment

• VJ iced his own kicker.
                          VJ chose a long Field goal down by 4 with time expiring.
                          VJ argued to get rid of Talib.
                          VJ earned the handle "Radio" because he reminded people of a mentally handicapped character.
                          VJ is the most idiotic coach I have ever seen.

So that means Wade & Kubes both made the same horrible mistake we did. Or they lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                            Is there any reason that Chubb, Miller, Harrisx2 should play another down this preseason?
                            Depends on your point of view.

The pros:

More reps in preseason make the jump to playing a full game in week 1 less strenuous on the body
                            More reps in preseason mean the number 1 unit can work out more communication, especially around the ILB position

The cons:

More reps in preseason are more reps to get injured

Comment

• Fangio addressed his thoughts in preseason reps already in a press conference.

Essentially he’s a huge believer in them.

He said that he did some research last season I believe it was, to see who took the most pre season snaps, and Tom Brady came in at like 7th in the league.

Tom being as old as he is taking all those reps.

That was his supporting evidence that pre season snaps should be treated with high value to starters too ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

I am not going to get into another debate about Elway's prowess vs using Manning as a chip. It's a big grey area that goes nowhere.

Can you provide an example of these course corrections besides Manning and Wade?
                                That's the very essence of what you are talking about.
                                • Switching from an offensive focused, pass happy, team; to an aggressive defensive team.
                                • Instead of hiring a veteran retread HC like Fox and Kubiak, He hired the up and coming green coach. When that failed he course corrected to another first time HC, but this time with legitimate league pedigree.
                                • After getting burned by Lynch, he's taken a more careful approach in acquiring QB's by signing an experienced winning veteran, and drafting a talent, but not reaching for it. (Opinions on the players aside, this is a more measured and sound approach than he's used previously).
                                Anytime you stop doing something that isn't working, and attempts something new....that is called course correcting, and it is infinitely better than trying to do the same thing over and over again and hoping for different results.

Comment

Working...
                                X