No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway's post camp interview said Lock flashed "A lot". Veribage is still being worked on. Mike Shanahan confirmed he was close to coaching Denver in 2018.

Comment

• Further proof that Elway relapses to what's familiar (past coaches, past offenses, vet QBs, etc) when things get bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
        Further proof that Elway relapses to what's familiar (past coaches, past offenses, vet QBs, etc) when things get bad.
        Thankfully for us, what's familiar to Elway is winning football.

Comment

• Any news about tonight? Hopefully Lock is #2 and gets a half. Hogan can go fulfill his journeyman destiny somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post

Thankfully for us, what's familiar to Elway is winning football.
            Not without Manning apparently.

Comment

Because John wasn't able to revert back to familiar because Ellis wouldn't let him grab Shanny.

Comment

Further proof that Elway relapses to what's familiar (past coaches, past offenses, vet QBs, etc) when things get bad.
                Last I checked kyle was not the head Coach for the broncos the last two year. he hired a nobody so maybe I missed him grabbing up his binky..

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post

Last I checked kyle was not the head Coach for the broncos the last two year. he hired a nobody so maybe I missed him grabbing up his binky..
                  That was my point. Elway jumps from one extreme to the next. Every time he tries to be adventurous and struggles, he goes conservative while he licks his wounds.

Conservative can work, I'm just pointing out a habit.

Comment

I think most people realize that they won the last Superbowl due to an all-time-great defense. Who was responsible for building that defense?

Comment

That was my point. Elway jumps from one extreme to the next. Every time he tries to be adventurous and struggles, he goes conservative while he licks his wounds.

You mean he course corrects? Weird.

Comment

• Shanny the coach almost got hired, but Shanny the GM was never in the running.

There was no way in hell the broncos were going to give back all the keys to the franchise to Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by manchambo View Post

I think most people realize that they won the last Superbowl due to an all-time-great defense. Who was responsible for building that defense?
                          Yep I'm a huge Manning fan but the only thing he had to do with the SB win was his leadership. Von and that D won that SB . They also ruined Cam in one game. Everything about that day was amazing. Watching Cam lay on his back and throw a 5 year old tissy fit was some good TV. I'm hoping our D this year can be like that again this year. It's a tall order but I like what I see so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                            Shanny the coach almost got hired, but Shanny the GM was never in the running.

There was no way in hell the broncos were going to give back all the keys to the franchise to Mike.
                            Mike didn't care about the D. That was his biggest downfall. I would love to go back to scoring on our first drive every game again. We also have the RB's this year to be a ground and pound O like he likes . Maybe they can bring him on as a consultant or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by manchambo View Post

I am not going to get into another debate about Elway's prowess vs using Manning as a chip. It's a big grey area that goes nowhere.

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

You mean he course corrects? Weird.
                              Can you provide an example of these course corrections besides Manning and Wade?

Comment

what was adventurous about VJ? Dude was a below average DC for Miami. Was a terrible hire. Wouldn't say his hiring by Elway was adventurous in any manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X