Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

I said it before, Trent Williams is younger than Gary Zimmerman was when he came to Denver.
    Willams is nowhere near Zimm in ability....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post

I wouldn't say that. Granted Zimm is a Hall of Famer, but Trent Williams is a 7 time pro-bowl LT. Zimm may have been better, but not by much.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

There's 3 teams trying very hard to get Trent Williams out of WASH. NE has been confirmed as one of them. And it's rumored that HOU is one of the others. Elway has made 2 recent trades with WASH. I wonder if Elway has been trying to get Trent and just move Bolles to G. They could then even move Risner to C. Williams-Bolles-Risner-Leary-James. I don't know about moving Risner at this point of camp, I'm sure he could do it, but I just wonder if Elway is satisfied with Bolles at LT with Flacco at QB. It's just rumors right now, but it is interesting.
        I seriously have no idea what the team is thinking or would do, but I see no reason not to roll with Bolles this season. By all accounts, he has shown improvement, and i've said this before in several threads - he needs stability next to him in order to stop thinking so much. That stability is Risner (which i've said before doesn't matter if he's a rookie). Risner is an "anchor" type of player, and the consistency and great play from the LG position will help the LT position.

If you thought we were one LT away from a Super Bowl I see the logic in making a play for Williams and his fat salary, but at this point i'd have to say ILB is a stronger concern for me. I'd trade high picks next year to get us a game breaker at that position. Not sure who is in the last year of a contract, but I would dangle a carrot in front of a rebuilding team for a player like that.

Comment

• What are the odds GB is offer that 5th year extension? I doubt it so Elway should investigate a 1st for a LT .

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

I wouldn't say that. Granted Zimm is a Hall of Famer, but Trent Williams is a 7 time pro-bowl LT. Zimm may have been better, but not by much.
                It’s a wide margin....the wife’s a skins fan. I’ve watched most his game. Not to mention he’s injury prone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post

Williams is an elite LT who wants to be traded, just like Zimmerman was when he got dealt. People really need to stop getting into an uproar over player comparisons. Just because you view a guy in a certain light doesn't mean he can't be compared to a all time great.

Comment

• If the #2 QB comment is more than just coach speak, not a good look for Lock...

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

If the #2 QB comment is more than just coach speak, not a good look for Lock...
                      There's no point in considering it settled. Otherwise they may as well just announce the cut now.

Comment

• Comment

• This is why Flacco has never been great. If the offense is having a bad day, he isn't going to swing the momentum. One of the camp reporters hinted at it a couple weeks ago. The offense lacks leadership. Guys were dropping passes left and right and it was mentioned that Flacco is practically mute, and that Lindsay is trying to fill the void as a vocal leader. Same thing today. Flacco just goes with the flow. I think it is one of the worst qualities a QB can have.

That is what I love about guys like Peyton and Mayfield. They'll get their teammates' heads right in a hurry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            Just tuned into 104.3, apparently the Niners came in and took the Broncos lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

I haven't been a big fan of Simmons, takes terrible angles trying to tackle. Just saw him the last game not only whiff on the RB but took out another couple of defenders trying to pursue the RB.

Comment

• oh no, you guys suck again!

@byesline
                                Been watching the Broncos 1st team offense vs 49ers 1st team defense. Not pretty for the guys in Orange & Blue. San Francisco has flat out dominated & is letting the Broncos hear about it. As I’m tweeting this Flacco just threw a pick-6. Yikes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ce-with-49ers/

The Broncos hosted the 49ers for a joint practice on Friday and their offense proved to be quite the hospitable host.

Quarterback Joe Flacco said that the unit was “below average” over the course of the session while offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello went with “very choppy” as his description of how things played out on the field.

“I think we let them kind of set the tone, and we weren’t really able to kind of get it back and settle it back to our style,” Flacco said, via the team’s website. “Obviously in a practice tempo when you’re not going and driving the ball and getting first downs, it’s not quite the same as a game. You can’t weather the storm quite the same. That’s all part of it.”

Flacco was able to find a bright side to a rough day on the field. He said teams aren’t going to have things go their way all the time and are “going to have to learn how to deal with tough times and with some adversity and getting hit in the face and standing up to it” if they are going to succeed.

The first test of that resiliency will come on Saturday when they host the 49ers for another practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X