Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Well, Lock was also coached up by Dooley last year and he was always taking flack because he was viewed as a guy who could have been the #1 overall pick after his 2017 season. He was heavily scrutinized.
    Yeah, anyone with Locks arm strength and long ball shouldn’t be going past top 10.

Comment

• Flacco May not be a top 10 QBs but over the last couple days they have opened up the offense and Flacco is showing off his arm with many deep completions.

night and day vs the arms of Trevor and Case

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
        Flacco May not be a top 10 QBs but over the last couple days they have opened up the offense and Flacco is showing off his arm with many deep completions.

night and day vs the arms of Trevor and Case
        Not really. He looks pretty much the same as our QBs the last few years, only difference is that it took him a couple of weeks to be able to connect deep with any consistency. His accuracy has been all over the place and his passes over 10 yards have been the worst of the bunch: often dying when he isn't confident enough in knowing exactly what the defense is doing. He and Sanders connecting deep lately is more than likely just him getting used to playing the exact same defense for a month.

He may not be a top 10 QB, but he is a bottom 10 one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Not really. He looks pretty much the same as our QBs the last few years, only difference is that it took him a couple of weeks to be able to connect deep with any consistency. His accuracy has been all over the place and his passes over 10 yards have been the worst of the bunch: often dying when he isn't confident enough in knowing exactly what the defense is doing. He and Sanders connecting deep lately is more than likely just him getting used to playing the exact same defense for a month.

All the media keeps saying the same thing that both Fangio and Scang keep shifting the D and O. To say he is playing the same D all the time is a gross exaggeration

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	445
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2482074

Comment

Could be true if there were 19 or less teams in the NFL

Comment

Yep he is the same bottom tier QB that Denver has had recently. It is odd that some people think he is a good QB.

Comment

• Hey I cheered through the likes of all kinds of sht stains: Captain Neck-Beard, Cutler the Eyore, Holier than everyone else and their dog Tebow, slightly better than his almost last draft place Munkeyspunk, The lazy Memphis Belle aka Pirate Giraffe Dork, Plain as dry toast BasketCase Keenum...

Here's the real deal.
                  Those last guys we had are backup level talents. Flacco is a starter, old and full of scar tissue, maybe he is in the bottom Ten of starters. But that's higher than Back Up.

We had Elway & Manning and are spoiled by it.
                  But that kind of player wasn't available.

Flacco has a much better chance of success than anyone we had since Manning.
                  And Lock looks like the real deal that just needs time to be in the system and is already showing improvement.

I know... I didn't care for Flacco and made fun of his every stumble just like most of you.
                  But he is what he is... A bottom tier starter as opposed to a top tier back up like Keenum.

When we see Flacco managing the game like a starter (instead of making backup mistakes like Keenum) & our D closing down opponents... It will be evident that Flacco is an upgrade and our coaching is too. And if the old fella gets hurt or stinks, Lock will get his shot.

Its pretty good, not great, but an improvement now and a new hope for the future. It looked grim before. Really grim. "Dirty Sanchez or a 7th round nobody? fck it we are rolling with the seventh rounder type" Grim.

To me we stood up when before we were sitting in the turd river.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Sometimes a player needs a change of scenery to get his game back, and I'm hoping this is the case with Flacco. He's smart enough to know that if he can't succeed in Denver, his career as a starting NFL QB is pretty much over. I'll give him props for being the calm-cool headed leader that doesn't get rattled, he just needs to up his game to his 2014 numbers and the Broncos will be very competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                      Sometimes a player needs a change of scenery to get his game back, and I.
                      I use same strategy when gambling or fishing .......

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                        Hey I cheered through the likes of all kinds of sht stains: Captain Neck-Beard, Cutler the Eyore, Holier than everyone else and their dog Tebow, slightly better than his almost last draft place Munkeyspunk, The lazy Memphis Belle aka Pirate Giraffe Dork, Plain as dry toast BasketCase Keenum...

Here's the real deal.
                        Those last guys we had are backup level talents. Flacco is a starter, old and full of scar tissue, maybe he is in the bottom Ten of starters. But that's higher than Back Up.

And Lock looks like the real deal that just needs time to be in the system and is already showing improvement.

I know... I didn't care for Flacco and made fun of his every stumble just like most of you.
                        But he is what he is... A bottom tier starter as opposed to a top tier back up like Keenum.

When we see Flacco managing the game like a starter (instead of making backup mistakes like Keenum) & our D closing down opponents... It will be evident that Flacco is an upgrade and our coaching is too. And if the old fella gets hurt or stinks, Lock will get his shot.

Its pretty good, not great, but an improvement now and a new hope for the future. It looked grim before. Really grim. "Dirty Sanchez or a 7th round nobody? fck it we are rolling with the seventh rounder type" Grim.

​​​​​​
                        That right there is a rock solid take ladies and gents and perfectly captures my feelings on the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                          Hey I cheered through the likes of all kinds of sht stains: Captain Neck-Beard, Cutler the Eyore, Holier than everyone else and their dog Tebow, slightly better than his almost last draft place Munkeyspunk, The lazy Memphis Belle aka Pirate Giraffe Dork, Plain as dry toast BasketCase Keenum...

Here's the real deal.

​​​​​​
                          great take

Comment

• Mike Shanahan will be back in the building for the practices against the 49ers:

Shanahan had dinner with new Broncos head coach Vic Fangio shortly after he got the job. Fangio extended an invite then to return to Denver's facilities and Shanahan finally did so in late July and took in all the changes that have taken place since he was last there, including the upgraded practice facilities.

"It was very impressive to see, the indoor [fields] and everything else," Shanahan told Breer.

So Mike Shanahan will return again when his son, Kyle, and the 49ers take part in practices with the Broncos on Friday and Saturday before the two teams play a preseason game on Monday, August 19.

Comment

Aren’t you the same poster that said Baker Mayfield was not worth a 1st round pick?

Comment

• Interesting. I have no idea if this is effective or not, but interesting nonetheless. OTOH, maybe the QB's should throw these so they know what not to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X