Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

well that wasn't going to happen because they were winning. Lamar saved John Harbaugh's mutually agreed exit with GM Eric Decosta. But by the 3rd Q of the playoff game Baltimore was begging for Joe.
    They also went full Tebow mode so they were not going to change back to a conventional offense.unless they were losing. We saw in the playoffs LAC learn and defended Lamar differently the 2nd time and shut him down.

Rushing for 180-200 yards a game will win a lot of games but is not sustainable. Good for 1/2 season.

Comment

Comment

The “head-scratcher” in the draft, Juwann Winfrey(remember him?)had a pretty good 1st day of camp. While Lock and a few others got all the press, Winfrey took advantage of Sanders situation, and Sutton’s reportedly bad day, and got some reps, including some 1st team reps. MHR had an article about it.

“Winfree might as well have been wearing “stick em” as he had zero drops and zero bobbled balls.
        His most exciting moment of the day came during team drills. With the starting offense, Winfree hauled in a 20+ yard touchdown from veteran quarterback Joe Flacco. This immediately excited the crowd as many glanced to their roster sheet making a mental memo to remember No. 15.”

This is what Winfree said about himself prior to the Draft:

“I like to see myself as a complete receiver. You are going to get everything from me. You are going to get a receiver who is going to block, I’m 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, so I’m a big receiver. You’re going to get a receiver who is going to block and put DBs on their butts. You are not going to see me drop many balls. I may drop one or two the whole year. I’m a receiver who prides myself on catching the ball. I catch 100-200 passes every day, because you have to stand out in some way.”

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...-training-camp

This is another local CU product, and Lindsay’s former teammate, who shares the same agent also. Like Lindsay, Winfree wasn’t invited to the combine either, but Elway decided to package the remaining picks of the draft to move up in the 6th round to snag Winfree. It was a head scratcher at the time, because unlike Lindsay, not a lot was known about him; mostly due to injuries and some off the field issues.

But Elway must have really liked what he saw at the Broncos Local Pro Day this past spring, as he decided not to take his chances this year by waiting to see if he falls to FA. The kid has legit NFL tools, he just needs to stay healthy and out of trouble, and he’s got a chance to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
          Maybe he can unseat Booker, and be a legit backup to Lindsay & Freeman. Booker was adequate as a 3rd down guy, but when Freeman went down and you asked him to line up and just run the ball, he’s just not that guy. Williams has some physical tools, just not sure if he has the rest of it. We’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

Maybe he can unseat Booker, and be a legit backup to Lindsay & Freeman. Booker was adequate as a 3rd down guy, but when Freeman went down and you asked him to line up and just run the ball, he’s just not that guy. Williams has some physical tools, just not sure if he has the rest of it. We’ll see.
            I think Elway wants a shot at having this entire draft class (+Lindsay) on the roster and contributing. haha I honestly think thats what this is about.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBronc...m_medium=web2x

Comment

Haven't seen anyone spin the ball like Lock since Cutler. Arm strength is not an issue this year.

Comment

Comment

Waste of time this guy is.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                          Waste of time this guy is.

might as well start Lock for the HOF game.

Comment

• Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 42m42 minutes ago

More
                            We close with the play of the day, Brett Rypien hitting Khalfani Muhammad deep on a wheel route near the right pylon at the goal line.

Bye Hogan

Comment

• Fangio will probably let Hogan start the HoF game to see if he'll face-plant in game action. Hogan vs Lock in the HoF game might be the first point when the Broncos will consider changing the QB depth chart.

I agree that Hogan is just wasting Lock and Rypien's valuable reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                                Fangio will probably let Hogan start the HoF game to see if he'll face-plant in game action. Hogan vs Lock in the HoF game might be the first point when the Broncos will consider changing the QB depth chart.

I agree that Hogan is just wasting Lock and Rypien's valuable reps.
                                Hogan apparently wants to be a coach. FO should just cut him and hire him to the coaching staff as the assistant to the traveling secretary and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X