Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLesSPE View Post

Absolutely. I think they really helped steer the discussions towards football.
    They were also more detailed than a freaking tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

It’s the Bronco TE ACL curse. Fort wasn’t even touched, he just came down awkward and it buckled. Huearman is an adequate TE that has his moments, but he’s not a star, and it’s hard to trust him to last a full season.
      It's becoming almost unbelievable how true this is. Here's to hoping Fant breaks the curse, knock on wood. It's one thing to spend resources on acquiring a talented TE, then coaching him up. But to have to do that every year with little to no return is crippling. Can you imagine if Butt and Fumagali had a healthy year last year? We could've spent that 1st rounder this year in a different way. It's the same as the QB position from a spent capital stand point, only the cost is much higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

Out of context that is a great quote.

I seem to remember talking myself up in the mirror before a first date with a cute girl, back when I was 16 or so, and saying about the same thing... but hoping too. Hahaha...

Some of you guys let nothing get past you. Damn. ;>)

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post

They were also more detailed than a freaking tweet.

thats what’s contributed. Daily reports have been replaced by career insiders who go there everyday. Twitter wasn’t around back then so only place to get info was boards/articles/be there/newspapers.

Social media has massively changed society. From sports to dating you don’t need to make an effort to do anything. What once was having to go to a bar/supermarket/etc to pick up chicks, now you just swipe with a thumb.

Also why society as a whole is just more lazy and dumb today.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

I really hope they let him run around a bit in practice, then put him on "Injured Reserve Designated to Return." The kid just still isn't healthy right now, and the next choice might just be career ending. I think the has talent, but he obviously needs more time to heal.
            We have 1 healthy TE. He's going to have to play at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLesSPE View Post

It's becoming almost unbelievable how true this is. Here's to hoping Fant breaks the curse, knock on wood. It's one thing to spend resources on acquiring a talented TE, then coaching him up. But to have to do that every year with little to no return is crippling. Can you imagine if Butt and Fumagali had a healthy year last year? We could've spent that 1st rounder this year in a different way. It's the same as the QB position from a spent capital stand point, only the cost is much higher.
              I hear ya. We spent a 3rd on Heuerman and have got nothing. Butt was a 5th so not as hurtful as Heueramn but still costly since he really hasn't played much. Fumagalli was also a 5th and spent a year on IR. Now Fort has an ACL. WTF man, this is total BS. Fant better put on some knee braces and they should definitely put a rep limit on Butt. I'd rather depend a bit more on backs and WR's early on and let him heal up a bit more before we give him any real serious work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

thats what’s contributed. Daily reports have been replaced by career insiders who go there everyday. Twitter wasn’t around back then so only place to get info was boards/articles/be there/newspapers.

Social media has massively changed society. From sports to dating you don’t need to make an effort to do anything. What once was having to go to a bar/supermarket/etc to pick up chicks, now you just swipe with a thumb.

I would thumbs up/like/lazy-ass-appreciate this 50 billion times if I could!

Comment

• Dang nabbed young whippersnappers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

No, that's because people don't pretend to be nice any more. Back in the day parents taught you manners and respect, which was really just you pretending to be nice.
                    Nowadays, parents teach you to speak your mind and **** the consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Yeah, I didn't understand this argument back when it was between Trevor and Paxton and I don't understand it now. Lock has the draft pedigree and will be given every opportunity to win the starting job. If he cannot beat out Hogan for the number two spot on the roster in a competition that is likely slanted in his favor, that is not the fault of the coaching staff that should be putting their best performing players higher on the depth charts.

Still, I like the way that Lock is handling himself off the field thus far. Lynch seemed like his ego was more fragile. Lock gets publicly criticized by his head coach and appears to roll with it and take it as motivation to get better. Lynch would have wilted and pouted without once looking inward.
                      this is why I say Lynch just needs to grow up .. When he sees $35 million a year go into a QB account that was drafted the same year and has less talent then him I think Seattle seahawks might just have something. he was a late bloomer in High School as well. who knows as he was a bust here..

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post

this is why I say Lynch just needs to grow up .. When he sees $35 million a year go into a QB account that was drafted the same year and has less talent then him I think Seattle seahawks might just have something. he was a late bloomer in High School as well. who knows as he was a bust here..
                        Well, Lock was also coached up by Dooley last year and he was always taking flack because he was viewed as a guy who could have been the #1 overall pick after his 2017 season. He was heavily scrutinized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                          Dang nabbed young whippersnappers.

They really need to get off my lawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Well, Lock was also coached up by Dooley last year and he was always taking flack because he was viewed as a guy who could have been the #1 overall pick after his 2017 season. He was heavily scrutinized.
                            I did not know that about Lock. I am glad we drafted him you can tell he is going to starting and kicking ass IMO next year.

Comment

• Dooley is freaking awesome crazy to have infront of the press. He just says crazy things that in his way make sense, but no one else could have said the same thing and made it make sense.

Look up his "We were the Nazis waiting for orders and they invaded like Americans" after game presser. Dude has the funniest quotes ever. He is totally a character all of his own.

If some of his goofy humor rubbed off on Lock, we should be in for a treat at pressers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post

Meh, they have a backup is what they have. I think that's what Lynch turns out to be. Maybe if he can improve he can go the road of a Foles or something, but he'll have to improve alot. Can he do that riding the bench? Not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X