Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is that. Spam?

Comment

• What's up with DaeSean Hamilton? I'm not hearing much about him. During last year's draft, Sutton was basically meant to replace Thomas, and Hamilton was eventually meant to replace Sanders (who is thankfully still here).

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncobiv View Post
        What's up with DaeSean Hamilton? I'm not hearing much about him. During last year's draft, Sutton was basically meant to replace Thomas, and Hamilton was eventually meant to replace Sanders (who is thankfully still here).
        He’s been limited by some injuries not sure how muchfirst team action he gets

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          What the hell is that. Spam?
          It was, mods deleted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncobiv View Post
            What's up with DaeSean Hamilton? I'm not hearing much about him. During last year's draft, Sutton was basically meant to replace Thomas, and Hamilton was eventually meant to replace Sanders (who is thankfully still here).
            All groupings of WRs to play with Flacco have "underperformed". This was to be expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

All groupings of WRs to play with Flacco have "underperformed". This was to be expected.
              Meh, how have any of those groupings done without him? Mike Wallace was under performing well before getting to Baltimore, so was Maclin. Steve Smith was 37 Years old, and still caught 70 passes. Ever Heard of Kamar Aiken? He was the #2 in Bmore in 2015 and had the only half decent year of his career with 75 catches and 5TD's. He only has 74 total catches combined in his other 6 seasons. Torrey Smith had 213 catches 3591 yards and 30 TD's in his 4 seasons with Flacco. He's had 106 Catches 1550 yards and 11 TD's in his 4 seasons (on 3 different teams) since leaving Baltimore.

Otherwise he's had a 37 years old Stokley, career bust Jacoby Jones, past his prime Boldin and the tail end of Derrick Mason's career.

Flacco has never had a really solid WR group.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Meh, how have any of those groupings done without him? Mike Wallace was under performing well before getting to Baltimore, so was Maclin. Steve Smith was 37 Years old, and still caught 70 passes. Ever Heard of Kamar Aiken? He was the #2 in Bmore in 2015 and had the only half decent year of his career with 75 catches and 5TD's. He only has 74 total catches combined in his other 6 seasons. Torrey Smith had 213 catches 3591 yards and 30 TD's in his 4 seasons with Flacco. He's had 106 Catches 1550 yards and 11 TD's in his 4 seasons (on 3 different teams) since leaving Baltimore.

Otherwise he's had a 37 years old Stokley, career bust Jacoby Jones, past his prime Boldin and the tail end of Derrick Mason's career.

Wow. You are really surprisingly up to speed on a **** ton of mediocrity here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Wow. You are really surprisingly up to speed on a **** ton of mediocrity here.
                  Stats are my life.

I'm not trying to prop up Flacco as a hidden gem, but Baltimore never really gave him a lot to work with.

Comment

Stats are my life.

I'm not trying to prop up Flacco as a hidden gem, but Baltimore never really gave him a lot to work with.
                    They didn't give much to Trent Dilfer either...

But here's to hopin'

Comment

Stats are my life.

I'll acknowledge your point. But, its not entirely re-assuring given I'm not entirely certain how good the Bronco's receiving Corp will be this year. We have Sanders, who is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off of a major injury, A lot of yet unproven potential in Sutton, Patrick, and Hamilton, and a whole bunch of question marks after that. Our TE corp is resembling a MASH Unit more and more every day. And while I do love our running backs, we haven't really seen how effective they can be in the passing game yet when catching passes. If we had a Peyton Manning circa 2013 taking charge of this group, I have no doubt he could turn them into a Juggernaut offense (the talent is undeniably there). But, I don't think 2019 Flacco is capable of raising their level of play.

Comment

So either Flacco threw to the TE a lot because they were good, or he liked the TEs, or the WRers were bad (all 3...?)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

I'll acknowledge your point. But, its not entirely re-assuring given I'm not entirely certain how good the Bronco's receiving Corp will be this year. We have Sanders, who is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off of a major injury, A lot of yet unproven potential in Sutton, Patrick, and Hamilton, and a whole bunch of question marks after that. Our TE corp is resembling a MASH Unit more and more every day. And while I do love our running backs, we haven't really seen how effective they can be in the passing game yet when catching passes. If we had a Peyton Manning circa 2013 taking charge of this group, I have no doubt he could turn them into a Juggernaut offense (the talent is undeniably there). But, I don't think 2019 Flacco is capable of raising their level of play.
                            Sure, I'm with you on all that. That is more in response to blaming Flacco for the underwhelming performances of WR's in Baltimore, which I see as a false correlation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

They didn't give much to Trent Dilfer either...

But here's to hopin'
                              No but they did give Dilfer a defense that gave up like 4 ppg in the playoffs. I think Denver could get to the Super Bowl giving up 4 ppg in the playoffs.

Comment

• Looking for excuses over the years for Flacco, when this fanbase trashed him that whole time, is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X