Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

This is probably nothing but it is interesting that Sutton is losing reps and pissing off Sanders. It would suck if he has work ethic issues. Total speculation.

Last year i said it was CB that was the problem. Which it turned out to be true with clowns like the woman beater and career criminal roaming the secondary. This year WR to me seems to be a problem with only Sanders as a true vet. Sutton has all the potential and my adopted bronco if we had one, but he’s got a learning curve going on.

This offense definetly needs sanders to open up routes for other WRs.

Comment

• Only one camp day left. Hopefully they come away clean with no one else going down.

Comment

• My hope is that Lock plays well enough to take the backup job by the time final roster cut down. He already showed improvement game 1 to game 2, let's hope that continues. I think he will have a few more rookie up and downs, though. Talent is there.

And then I think we'd just keep 2 QBs. Hogan is nothing special, and he will be available should something happen to Flacco and we'd need a new backup. Rypien doesn't have an NFL arm. His TD the first game, he wound up his entire body to get it 35 yards or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
          My hope is that Lock plays well enough to take the backup job by the time final roster cut down. He already showed improvement game 1 to game 2, let's hope that continues. I think he will have a few more rookie up and downs, though. Talent is there.

And then I think we'd just keep 2 QBs. Hogan is nothing special, and he will be available should something happen to Flacco and we'd need a new backup. Rypien doesn't have an NFL arm. His TD the first game, he wound up his entire body to get it 35 yards or so.
          Lock is the #2, and considering how much he has improved in the last 2 games he’ll remain the #2.

Comment

• Sanders getting healthy and STAYING healthy is obviously going to be vital. We need these young guys to step up.

Comment

My hope is that Lock plays well enough to take the backup job by the time final roster cut down. He already showed improvement game 1 to game 2, let's hope that continues. I think he will have a few more rookie up and downs, though. Talent is there.

Rypien to the practice squad, Lock #2 and have an extra roster spot for another position on the team

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Last year i said it was CB that was the problem. Which it turned out to be true with clowns like the woman beater and career criminal roaming the secondary. This year WR to me seems to be a problem with only Sanders as a true vet. Sutton has all the potential and my adopted bronco if we had one, but he’s got a learning curve going on.

All this proves is that Flacco trusts Sanders and Sanders is turning into Flacco's security blanket. As for Sutton, he's learning a new offense and I'm guessing the coaches are pushing him harder than some of the other WRs on the team because they are expecting him to be the true #1. I bet that if the Broncos played tomorrow, Sutton would be the other starting WR...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

All this proves is that Flacco trusts Sanders and Sanders is turning into Flacco's security blanket. As for Sutton, he's learning a new offense and I'm guessing the coaches are pushing him harder than some of the other WRs on the team because they are expecting him to be the true #1. I bet that if the Broncos played tomorrow, Sutton would be the other starting WR...
                  Well ya, cause there’s no one else who’s that caliber to start the other side.

I’m taking the patient route with Lock and Sutton this year. Going to try to focus on their progression.

Comment

• I would agree that WR is a concern right now, not quite as bad as CB last year, but probably the biggest question mark, certainly on offense (ILB on defense)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

I also remember us discussing liking what Patrick has and that he would be pushing folks his year.
                      This is really good, cause it's going to force Sutton to really step up. I'm also expecting Winfree to continue to make strides right up into a top 3 WR slot by years end. Kids got it.

Comment

I would agree that WR is a concern right now, not quite as bad as CB last year, but probably the biggest question mark, certainly on offense (ILB on defense)
                        It's a question mark because everyone is young. It's not necessarily a negative. It's just an unknown until they all gel. There's a ton of talent at WR. Scans has the tools, he just needs t put it all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

It's a question mark because everyone is young. It's not necessarily a negative. It's just an unknown until they all gel. There's a ton of talent at WR. Scans has the tools, he just needs t put it all together.
                          Yeah, that is why I have them above CB from last year. Coaching helps a ton in that regard too - Fangio/TheDon for CBs making Yiadom and Bausby competent, so I'm hopeful that Scans does that for our WR group.

Comment

I would agree that WR is a concern right now, not quite as bad as CB last year, but probably the biggest question mark, certainly on offense (ILB on defense)
                            I think Winfree is a serious infusion of talent in this WR corps, hopefully he continues to grow in Scangs system. I'm feeling better about this group overall but if Flacco doesn't get them the ball, it's all for nothing.

Comment

• Derek Wolfe talked talked to the media yesterday, and said some good things about Munchak and the OL. This doesn’t seem like typical player fluff; he would definitely know if the OL is taking to Munchak, and apparently they are.

“Obviously, they have a coach. A Hall of Fame player for a coach. Munchak was a ten time all-pro player. Any time you get a guy like that in your room, he can teach you all the different techniques. You can see the techniques in guys. You’ll beat them with a move and the next time you work that move. they stop it. That is the sign of a good coach, it’s the sign of good coaching. That is the sign of a good player being able to take that coaching. So I think they are doing a really great job over there.” -Derek Wolfe (via DenverBroncos.com)

Comment

• Risner is bringing about 8% of the population of Wiggins with him tomorrow. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X