No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock is still a huge project. Very mediocre last night. Just finished watching it. Only bright spot is he may be able to get Denver next year in a spot for Lawrence if he started all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post
      I will concede that with the swift departure of Kubiak and the dark decent into the Vance Johnson era, most of our young players received very little positive development from the coaching staffs. In the case of Lynch, I have no doubt that the combination of Johnson, McCoy, and Musgrove did him no favors. But the Broncos cut him after the final pre-season game of 2018, which also happened to be his best showing as a pro to that point, and no other team even signed him to their practice squad. No other team in the NFL saw sufficient value to attempt to pick him up until the the Seahawks brought him in as camp fodder the following year. Lynch failing to make the Seahawk's 53 man rosters is still a real possibility. When that many talent evaluators in the NFL reach the same conclusion, I'm not inclined to get too hung up on the fact that our coaching staff didn't give him a better environment in which to succeed.
      Agreed, Lynch has a bad reputation and it was only Pete Carroll and his staff that thought they might be able to get something out of him. I give credit to Carroll for understanding how to motivate his players and I'm guessing his long time college coaching experience plays into the equation of how to coach Lynch. Yes, Lynch is on the bubble but I'm guessing the better he does, the better he will get, that is, his success might snowball into his ability to grow and learn and remain on Seattle's roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post

he's arguing exactly the type of stuff you're spouting, "3rd string QB potential" But mostly, he's questioning the Broncos stupid idea that high drafted qbs have to 'earn' playing time. It's a silly and outdated. I know, imagine questioning a franchise that started a season with Case Keenum and Chad Kelly as their qb room..
        The Broncos deserve every bit of criticism they receive when it comes to evaluating and developing QBs. We have been pretty **** at it ever since Shanahan was fired. But the Broncos were not the only team that found little value in Paxton Lynch. Seattle was the first team willing to take a flyer on him as a training camp arm since the Broncos cut him last year. And even they seem to view his best case scenario as that of a back-up.

And I know you feel it is silly for a QB to have to "earn" playing time by doing ridiculous busy work like "learning the playbook", or "demonstrating the capability of breaking a huddle", or "correcting his mechanical flaws" before he is given reps with the first team. But, we are likely just going to have to agree to disagree on the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
          Lock is still a huge project. Very mediocre last night. Just finished watching it. Only bright spot is he may be able to get Denver next year in a spot for Lawrence if he started all year.
          Didn't get that feeling at all. Dropbacks are improving but still rough. Threw some pretty accurate throws. Great velocity and placement on that 2 pt play neither Keenum nor Seimien could make.

He goes through his reads and knows the checkdown points. Slow at recognizing what the D is doing but nothing out of the ordinary for a rookie playing his second game.

He seems about the same as Cutler to me as a rookie QB and I mean that as a compliment since Cutler's early years showed a lot of promise. Cutler just peaked after his third yr.

Comment

Lock is still a huge project. Very mediocre last night. Just finished watching it. Only bright spot is he may be able to get Denver next year in a spot for Lawrence if he started all year.
            disagree

Comment

Still a work in progress, yes.
              The rest of what you just said, no.

Comment

• Locks mechanics are horrible. He hangs on his back foot when he doesnt need to. If he was playing guys that actually will be on rosters, he would have tossed at least 3 picks and one for 6 for sure. He sprinkled in a few good throws but he was only OK at best. Fangio wasn't as impressed really either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jutang View Post

Didn't get that feeling at all. Dropbacks are improving but still rough. Threw some pretty accurate throws. Great velocity and placement on that 2 pt play neither Keenum nor Seimien could make.

He goes through his reads and knows the checkdown points. Slow at recognizing what the D is doing but nothing out of the ordinary for a rookie playing his second game.

He seems about the same as Cutler to me as a rookie QB and I mean that as a compliment since Cutler's early years showed a lot of promise. Cutler just peaked after his third yr.
                  I see his arm ability similar to Cutler. If you put Cutler’s arm onto 80% of qb’s they would be very successful. He has a better arm than Brady, Ryan, Manning, pretty much everybody except maybe Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, possibly Stafford. So that part is encouraging.

Now-if he grows into an NFL mind, NFL leader, NFL decision maker. All things that can be learned. Watch out! Im cautiously optimistic. Knowing we landed Fant, Risner, DreMont, Winfree and an additional pick and I’m okay with it if he fails.

Comment

Locks mechanics are horrible. He hangs on his back foot when he doesnt need to. If he was playing guys that actually will be on rosters, he would have tossed at least 3 picks and one for 6 for sure. He sprinkled in a few good throws but he was only OK at best. Fangio wasn't as impressed really either.
                    Uhm:

Head Coach Vic Fangio, who has preached patience with Lock’s development, put the rookie’s game in simple terms.

“I just thought he threw it pretty damn good,” Fangio said.

Starting quarterback Joe Flacco seemed to agree with Fangio’s assessment.

“Drew’s doing well,” Flacco said. “He’s standing in there strong. He’s getting the passes where they need to be. The second half of these games are crazy. It’s 22 guys on the football field fighting for, really, their life. It shows when you watch the second halves. I think he’s doing a great job, like I said, standing in there, getting his eyes where [they] need to go and really going the right place with the ball.”

Fangio also admitted that Lock wasn’t perfect. But as Lock aims to earn the team’s backup role, this performance seemed to portend progress — especially in a late-game situation on the road.

“I thought he was OK,” Fangio said. “Obviously, he can be better, but I thought he made progress this week, both in practice and in the game, and I think it showed at times out there. But it’s still a process for him, and I don’t know how long it’s going to take. But I think this past week and this past game were great for him. He needs to learn from everything and not consider plays failures. They’re learning experiences right now, they’re not failures.”

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/d...int-vs-seahawk

Comment

Locks mechanics are horrible. He hangs on his back foot when he doesnt need to. If he was playing guys that actually will be on rosters, he would have tossed at least 3 picks and one for 6 for sure. He sprinkled in a few good throws but he was only OK at best. Fangio wasn't as impressed really either.
                      So......he reminds you of Cutler his rookie year without the mope.
                      L. O. L. I kid.
                      He was under constant pressure. They blitzed him all night. Which was really more a telling sign of what an @$$hole Uncle Pete is than anything else. Could of injured him. I don't think Vic had a single blitz all game. So Lock was under pressure all game. Rookies resort back to what they know And that's relying on their arm and not mechanics. If he had a solid o line he'll look better. Those guys on the line were just going through the motions out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

Uhm:
                        Read your bottom paragraph. He wasn't that impressed. He knows against actual NFL players he is going to throw a ton of bad picks.

Comment

Read your bottom paragraph. He wasn't that impressed. He knows against actual NFL players he is going to throw a ton of bad picks.
                          You're clearly biased. For Fangio, that is an optimistic review.

Maybe against actual NFL players he'll have an actual NFL line.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

So......he reminds you of Cutler his rookie year without the mope.
                            L. O. L. I kid.
                            He was under constant pressure. They blitzed him all night. Which was really more a telling sign of what an @$$hole Uncle Pete is than anything else. Could of injured him. I don't think Vic had a single blitz all game. So Lock was under pressure all game. Rookies resort back to what they know And that's relying on their arm and not mechanics. If he had a solid o line he'll look better. Those guys on the line were just going through the motions out there.
                            Even when he wasn't pressured he was on his back foot flat footed. Maybe it was ghosts from earlier pressures. I'm not a fan of off balanced throws when there is no pressure. He has a long way to go to be a real legit starting caliber QB.

Comment

• Judge for your own but Lock look a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

Maybe against actual NFL players he'll have an actual NFL line.
                                Yeah, I'm not getting that. Lock had horrific snaps last night. Ball was at his shoe laces all night. How many passes dropped? Wide open too!
                                FFS, lets temper the hyper criticism. Give him some snaps with the 2's.

Comment

Working...
                                X