Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    He attendance is low because of Flacco. We are tired of ****ty retreads. Make lock the starter and you’ll see huge attendance. Flacco sucked the life out of this organization. There is zero interest until he is benched.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post


      Keenum was absolute trash. Career back up QB who never should start in this league. His only decent season was actually being a back up. Flacco has years of starting experience so at least we got that going for us.

      Its funny there’s zero Flacco only fans that showed up. Every QB had a migration QB only fan or an OM resident who bonered out for a QB. Whether it was Tebow, Manning, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum etc. No Flacco boners popping up. It’s a wait and see semi.
      Part of me is afraid Flacco will be another Sanchez and fail miserably and then we will be forced to throw another rookie into a situation that he isn't ready for.

      I agree Case was better coming off the bench. I saw fear in his body language in every game I saw him start for the Broncos all the way back to his 1st PS game. Being the face of the franchise was too much for him but coming off the bench with nothing to lose and a solid team around him and great coaches who played to his strengths lead to John bringing him in. You have to know when he played well for a team and they didn't want him back they knew he couldn't get it done.

      After missing on Lynch though meant John had to bring someone in. What he should have done was dump VJ after year one, that didn't help any of the QB's over the last 2 years.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by titan View Post
        KOA Radio's Brandon Krisztal will have a daily recap of training camp which you can read here

        From today's post I thought this comment was interesting:

        "Speaking of Wide Receivers, one veteran defensive player told me after practice that he’s a little worried about the team’s downfield speed on the outside. “There isn’t anyone who scares you that they can take the top of the defense,” he said."

        Langley could provide that speed though he has a long way to go to be a part of the receiver rotation.

        Krisztol wasn't as impressed with Drew Lock as some other media members were.
        If Langley is producing in PS then I will hop on his wagon but I think he is long shot to make the team in any role as of right now.

        Sanders coming off that injury isn't going to be the same ever, I was surprised John decided to keep him, maybe he was afraid of not having a Vet presence in the WR room. I still think Sanders can be productive but it isn't going to be on fly routes anymore. I sure hope I am wrong on him and Langley though.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

          Part of me is afraid Flacco will be another Sanchez and fail miserably and then we will be forced to throw another rookie into a situation that he isn't ready for.

          I agree Case was better coming off the bench. I saw fear in his body language in every game I saw him start for the Broncos all the way back to his 1st PS game. Being the face of the franchise was too much for him but coming off the bench with nothing to lose and a solid team around him and great coaches who played to his strengths lead to John bringing him in. You have to know when he played well for a team and they didn't want him back they knew he couldn't get it done.

          After missing on Lynch though meant John had to bring someone in. What he should have done was dump VJ after year one, that didn't help any of the QB's over the last 2 years.

          I tried liking your comment. Wished it worked.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

            If Langley is producing in PS then I will hop on his wagon but I think he is long shot to make the team in any role as of right now.

            Sanders coming off that injury isn't going to be the same ever, I was surprised John decided to keep him, maybe he was afraid of not having a Vet presence in the WR room. I still think Sanders can be productive but it isn't going to be on fly routes anymore. I sure hope I am wrong on him and Langley though.
            That’s not what Stokley has been saying. You may not remember, but Stokley had the same injury in his career, so he is familiar with it. Today he made it a point to watch Sanders closely in the drills. And even though Sanders wasn’t doing any team drills, Stokes made Sanders his “player of the day” because of how well Sanders looked in individual drills. Apparently, Sanders was smooth as silk in all the drills, including cuts, and showed zero sign of the injury, even though Stokley said he specifically looked for it.

            The team has been wise to ease him in, and I would be ok if he doesn’t play much in preseason, if at all. Player’s rehab and training programs are way advanced nowadays, and It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Sanders is back to last year’s level, as I thought he and Lindsay were the two best players on offense last year.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post

              Hopefully, Justin Hollins steps in nicely. Really would like to see him put it together with his size and speed.
              I think Hollins will stay at OLB. Joe Jones and Bierria will probably get the extra reps with the 1st team.

              Comment


              • #82
                the optimism here is hilarious. ****ing brandon langley at wr. geezus.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post


                  Keenum was absolute trash. Career back up QB who never should start in this league. His only decent season was actually being a back up. Flacco has years of starting experience so at least we got that going for us.

                  Its funny there’s zero Flacco only fans that showed up. Every QB had a migration QB only fan or an OM resident who bonered out for a QB. Whether it was Tebow, Manning, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum etc. No Flacco boners popping up. It’s a wait and see semi.
                  They're not here, yet, but all the other Bronco boards have them. Saying things like "if Flacco doesn't have immediate and awesome success, it will be the team letting him down". And "prepare yourselves for 4-6 years of great QB play". I've almost been banned arguing with some of them.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

                    They're not here, yet, but all the other Bronco boards have them. Saying things like "if Flacco doesn't have immediate and awesome success, it will be the team letting him down". And "prepare yourselves for 4-6 years of great QB play". I've almost been banned arguing with some of them.
                    Yep. There are at least two Flacco Chrissy chicks on the other boards... Maybe more... perhaps the updated mane is keeping them away from here. Or Maybe they just haven't percolated this way yet... But (looks both ways) they're coming.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

                      If Langley is producing in PS then I will hop on his wagon but I think he is long shot to make the team in any role as of right now.

                      Sanders coming off that injury isn't going to be the same ever, I was surprised John decided to keep him, maybe he was afraid of not having a Vet presence in the WR room. I still think Sanders can be productive but it isn't going to be on fly routes anymore. I sure hope I am wrong on him and Langley though.
                      Langley is an interesting situation, he has more experience as a WR than as a DB, just hasn't done it in the pros. WR is also a position where you can lean on speed and athleticism to contribute earlier, while honing the craft. He's probably already a better WR today than he ever was a DB.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Pac-Man last year said that joe Woods and his staff was teaching crappy DB techniques and would screw up a young player like Yiadom

                        having a real defensive coaching staff feels good this year. yiadom looks like the #2 CB right now

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post


                          not really. Jackson had several brain farts in that playoff loss. Never once even thought about putting Flacco in. That team broke ties with Flacco well before that playoff game. They’ve moved on.
                          Well the home fans were chanting for Flacco. They probably didn't have enough time to get a bill board up.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

                            Well the home fans were chanting for Flacco. They probably didn't have enough time to get a bill board up.
                            I remember hoping they'd put Flacco back in during ththe regular season so they would stop winning and maybe we'd get their playoff spot.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

                              I remember hoping they'd put Flacco back in during ththe regular season so they would stop winning and maybe we'd get their playoff spot.
                              well that wasn't going to happen because they were winning. Lamar saved John Harbaugh's mutually agreed exit with GM Eric Decosta. But by the 3rd Q of the playoff game Baltimore was begging for Joe.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

                                I remember hoping they'd put Flacco back in during ththe regular season so they would stop winning and maybe we'd get their playoff spot.
                                A lot of Broncos fans last year wanted Flacco in so they’d miss the playoffs. They also wanted Flacco in so Harbaugh would lose his job.

                                USC fans wanted Flacco In too.

                                Lmao

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X