No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s too bad you guys weren’t Stanford fans. Cause it would’ve made you cringe that Hogan is on the team.

Its like Vikings fans when they were content with Siemian cause he “used to start for Denver”.

If Lock is going to be the back up, he needs every rep when it doesn’t count. Are we really going into the season with 3 QBs and Hogan at back up? That’s a wasted roster space when they need to decide on spots at RB TE WR etc.

I do not see them thinking their plan all along was to have Hogan at back up this year.

Lock is getting 2nd team reps. We’re seeing it.

Comment

• Lock needs a year of footwork and mechanics however he gets it or he’ll never correct those mistakes in game situations. If you want a QB of the future he’s got to fix that stuff first.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post
        Lock needs a year of footwork and mechanics however he gets it or he’ll never correct those mistakes in game situations. If you want a QB of the future he’s got to fix that stuff first.
        Indeed, his footwork and lower body mechanics won't necessarily resolve all of his accuracy issues, but correcting them will go a long way in sorting them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          It’s too bad you guys weren’t Stanford fans. Cause it would’ve made you cringe that Hogan is on the team.

Its like Vikings fans when they were content with Siemian cause he “used to start for Denver”.

If Lock is going to be the back up, he needs every rep when it doesn’t count. Are we really going into the season with 3 QBs and Hogan at back up? That’s a wasted roster space when they need to decide on spots at RB TE WR etc.

I do not see them thinking their plan all along was to have Hogan at back up this year.

Lock is getting 2nd team reps. We’re seeing it.
          If Lock (or any other QB) was the plan, then the Broncos wouldn't have left it to chance that their plan would be available in round 2. Lock was picked because the Broncos saw him as value at pick 42...NOT because they planned to take him (or anyone else) The plan is what it's been since Fangio was hired....Flacco. Hogan was part of that plan as well, to have a slightly experienced QB as back up. Lock is on the roster, and so they are going to adjust the plan....but I'm still thinking that your QB depth chart to start the season is Flacco, Hogan, Lock. I've said it a million times...Fangio is old...he's also old school. He isn't putting raw rookie QB Drew Lock on a football field when it counts, anytime soon at all, if ever.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/randomg38...54963989032960

Small snippet of the fight. No punches thrown by sutton. A superman punch thrown by Sanders. Not a good look.

Comment

• Way I see it now....

Hogan is Siemian's same basic model station wagon with no upgrades and roll up windows. It's dependable and kind of depressing as a main ride. But it makes a perfect cheap back up.

Lock is a new Sports car that can't start right now due to difficulty with the timing and steering controls / alignment. But, look out!..., if the car ever runs properly...

Rypien is a "?" Could be better than Hogan? Could be a station wagon with power windows? Could be a PS guy? Could get poached? I know only that he did a great job on the last two throws to get a TD. That's about it though. 4 reps a day doth not tell Jack. His destiny is either PS or poached IMHO.

In the end...

I think we carry three. Lock has to be better at foot work. Hogan is who you choose to back up in a win now scenario at this point... And we are in it to win it with Flacco for at least one year.

Until Lock can find his feet. (3 games left IMO he has to prove it in 2/3 or it goes,
              Flacco, station wagon, then the kid in the back...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

If Lock (or any other QB) was the plan, then the Broncos wouldn't have left it to chance that their plan would be available in round 2. Lock was picked because the Broncos saw him as value at pick 42...
                Just because he was not the plan, it does not mean he can't become the plan. The Broncos rolled the dice because of the value at pick #42 and will see what happens. It's up to the Broncos to provide the stability [system] for Lock to grow as a QB, and then it's up to him. If Lock remains far behind by the end of the season, and depending on the record, it's quite likely that Elway will take a good look at the top QBs from the 2020 draft, especially with his known interest in Justin Herbert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

If Lock (or any other QB) was the plan, then the Broncos wouldn't have left it to chance that their plan would be available in round 2. Lock was picked because the Broncos saw him as value at pick 42...NOT because they planned to take him (or anyone else) The plan is what it's been since Fangio was hired....Flacco. Hogan was part of that plan as well, to have a slightly experienced QB as back up. Lock is on the roster, and so they are going to adjust the plan....but I'm still thinking that your QB depth chart to start the season is Flacco, Hogan, Lock. I've said it a million times...Fangio is old...he's also old school. He isn't putting raw rookie QB Drew Lock on a football field when it counts, anytime soon at all, if ever.

I’m not even talking about the starting position and yet you still bring in Flaccos name. Wtf is wrong with you?

Sorry but they had zero plans to name Hogan the back up months ago. Hogan has zip all experience. 4 horrendous starts in Cleveland.

why do you care so much? It’s ****ing weird how much you post about another teams issues.

Comment

• remember that time awhile back when a few Seattle players where taking cheap shots during a preseason game with the broncos (Wolfe got hurt). Hope they have more sense this time (head coach is the same though, not sure if he had much to do with it).

Comment

• This is what’s been missing at the head coach position last 2 years. So glad Fangio is here and VJ is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        https://mobile.twitter.com/randomg38...54963989032960

Small snippet of the fight. No punches thrown by sutton. A superman punch thrown by Sanders. Not a good look.
                        Always smart to see a receiver take a shot at a guy wearing a helmet. Puts Bolles on notice though

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bpc View Post

That would be how an nfl armchair QBs would approach it, yes. But it’s not the right way. Clearly Lock was lost on Saturday amd you risk getting him or others injured if he isn’t ready to play. He almost got decleated twice this past weekend on some hard shots.

cool. insult me by implying you're more clued in to understanding nfl coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                              ****ing hogan. elways so dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post

****ing hogan. elways so dumb.
                                I don’t believe this is dumb. Lock will get most the in game reps. Which he needs to work on footwork regardless of what level of players are out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X