Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Hogan is a young QB too, and one that wasn't going to develop much in Cleveland in 2016/17
    Hogan is what his ceiling has always been. Backup in the NFL. He was in KC also if my memory is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Hogan is what his ceiling has always been. Backup in the NFL. He was in KC also if my memory is correct.
      KC Drafted him, but released him before the 2016 season and he was signed to Cleveland's practice squad. He was actually traded to Washington last season, but was released before all of their QB's broke their legs. He has 1 start to his name for a disaster of franchise.

The point is, we don't know what he, Lock, or Rypien will even be yet. There's no reason to just hand the job to another kid because he's newer, you have to earn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post

It's elways fault he's still on the team. And Lock was only get some reps today. One of the reporters asked about it but Fangio corrected him a bit. Still, he should get all the ****ing reps. Hogan has no future here.
        If the coaches agreed with your take, then they would’ve pushed Hogan down to 4th string a long time ago, and forced Elway’s hand. Hogan may very well lose his job after Thursday, but no one on the team would buy it after the HOF game. Do best players play, or don’t they?

I really don’t know what all fuss is all about, because its obvious they are giving him every opportunity to win the job. They are giving him 2nd team reps a little more each day. If Lock is not the backup in September, that’s not the fault of Elway or the coaches, that’s squarely on Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

If the coaches agreed with your take, then they would’ve pushed Hogan down to 4th string a long time ago, and forced Elway’s hand. Hogan may very well lose his job after Thursday, but no one on the team would buy it after the HOF game. Do best players play, or don’t they?

I really don’t know what all fuss is all about, because its obvious they are giving him every opportunity to win the job. They are giving him 2nd team reps a little more each day. If Lock is not the backup in September, that’s not the fault of Elway or the coaches, that’s squarely on Lock.
          Yeah, I didn't understand this argument back when it was between Trevor and Paxton and I don't understand it now. Lock has the draft pedigree and will be given every opportunity to win the starting job. If he cannot beat out Hogan for the number two spot on the roster in a competition that is likely slanted in his favor, that is not the fault of the coaching staff that should be putting their best performing players higher on the depth charts.

Still, I like the way that Lock is handling himself off the field thus far. Lynch seemed like his ego was more fragile. Lock gets publicly criticized by his head coach and appears to roll with it and take it as motivation to get better. Lynch would have wilted and pouted without once looking inward.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Yeah, I didn't understand this argument back when it was between Trevor and Paxton and I don't understand it now. Lock has the draft pedigree and will be given every opportunity to win the starting job. If he cannot beat out Hogan for the number two spot on the roster in a competition that is likely slanted in his favor, that is not the fault of the coaching staff that should be putting their best performing players higher on the depth charts.

Still, I like the way that Lock is handling himself off the field thus far. Lynch seemed like his ego was more fragile. Lock gets publicly criticized by his head coach and appears to roll with it and take it as motivation to get better. Lynch would have wilted and pouted without once looking inward.
            Yep. I fully expect Lock to win the backup job sometime this season. But if he doesn’t, I’m blaming one guy, and one guy only, and that’s Lock. That said, I really believe, I won’t have to.
            Last edited by R8R H8R; 08-05-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Lock will get what he earns. Fangio is abundantly about that life. Giving things unwarranted never works. Plus you lose the locker room’s respect. I’m high on Lock but he’s at least a year away. Best case scenario is we get a couple seasons out of Flacco and he grows into a mature vet QBs who learns how to harness his arm and play within the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

KC drafted Hogan

Comment

• Did I hear Jewell just went to the locker room ? That would suck to have both our ILB's out. Anybody ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                    Did I hear Jewell just went to the locker room ? That would suck to have both our ILB's out. Anybody ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                      Did I hear Jewell just went to the locker room ? That would suck to have both our ILB's out. Anybody ?
                      Side pull whatever that is. The one position that needs reps from the top tier, they are all hurt.

Comment

• Comment

• That wink wink nod nod trade for Scangs and dekota Watson is paying off now pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Side pull whatever that is. The one position that needs reps from the top tier, they are all hurt.
                            It's sort of like a reach-around, from what I've heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncogary View Post

It's sort of like a reach-around, from what I've heard.
                              Sounds like a move for a movie theater.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X