Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

    So you agree that broncos fans really are soft.
    I wouldn't say soft just logical there. Do you really want to waste a day watching a practice that will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things? I sure as hell wouldn't not that it's being soft. I just played 36 in 115 degrees but wouldn't even think 2x about going to a practice no matter what the weather was.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

      I know; that's why I said you were half right and wrong. You were replying to Paladin who just said "Baltimore" in his comment. I took it as he was talking about the fans, but maybe I'm wrong.
      Used "Baltimore" to mean fans. I say that because there seemed to be mixed feelings about Flacco in Baltimore.

      Comment


      • #63
        I'm excited to see Langley is doing well.
        If he can become decent route runner... His speed would give us a stretched feild. That guy has 4.3-4.4 speed. And he played Corner out of need of his college team. He was a WR naturally, But he was athletic enough to be drafted as a corner. Since WR was where he started and only switched in college part way through... That dude might be a great receiver that has been out of his natural position all this time.

        4.3 speed stretching that field would be excellent.

        I'm also excited that Lock is looking like he is the real deal. I really hope Rypien does well too.

        Sad to hear Davis went down. But glad it is only 5 weeks for his expected recovery.
        ​​​​​​

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

          So you agree that broncos fans really are soft.
          Probably. I don't want to stand in that heat for hours to see practice.

          Comment


          • #65
            Great opportunity for one of the young linebackers. First reps all of camp. I think Joe Jones could be that athletic LB they need.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
              Great opportunity for one of the young linebackers. First reps all of camp. I think Joe Jones could be that athletic LB they need.
              Hopefully, Justin Hollins steps in nicely. Really would like to see him put it together with his size and speed.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

                I wouldn't say soft just logical there. Do you really want to waste a day watching a practice that will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things? I sure as hell wouldn't not that it's being soft. I just played 36 in 115 degrees but wouldn't even think 2x about going to a practice no matter what the weather was.
                Haha playing 36 in 115 heat is far worse than sitting on grass watching a practice.

                My soft comment was semi joking. But I’ve always said this fanbase isn’t the best. But I’m totally generalizing that over the years.

                If fortnite tournament was out there you’d see all of Denver’s underage sitting out there in that heat. Kids today just aren’t into sports like it was in the past.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    Switching positions a couple years into your NFL career is usually a kiss of death/pure desperation. I doubt he makes the team.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

                      Thanks!

                      Theres something else out there talking about how he didn’t know what a QB premium was and his agents were handling all that. He set a deadline for them that no way he would miss practice. So he got the conditioning in after signing/before camp started.


                      Im liking this kid.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

                        You are half right and half wrong. The team had certainly moved on, as was eventually the plan when they drafted LJ, But the boos were very noticeable just before and during half time of the SD game. The same fans that couldn't wait to get rid of Flacco, and maybe rightfully so, sure were quick to scream at Harbaugh to put him in back in when LJ proved to be incompetent when a real good defense that is in playoff mode figured out how to shut down the run, and make LJ throw from the pocket. While I don't believe Flacco would have saved that game because it was already lost, but I do think the game would have been much closer, and possibly won, if Flacco started from the beginning. But that is moot at this point.

                        LJ has a lot to prove this year, as does Flacco for that matter, if they want to avoid the boo birds.
                        Yep, they wanted Flacco to play in the playoff loss. They no longer have the D they had last year, a one dimensional QB is going to be easy for teams to stop.

                        Just hoping that Flacco can be an upgrade and at least get us to the playoffs this year.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

                          Yep, they wanted Flacco to play in the playoff loss. They no longer have the D they had last year, a one dimensional QB is going to be easy for teams to stop.

                          Just hoping that Flacco can be an upgrade and at least get us to the playoffs this year.

                          Keenum was absolute trash. Career back up QB who never should start in this league. His only decent season was actually being a back up. Flacco has years of starting experience so at least we got that going for us.

                          Its funny there’s zero Flacco only fans that showed up. Every QB had a migration QB only fan or an OM resident who bonered out for a QB. Whether it was Tebow, Manning, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum etc. No Flacco boners popping up. It’s a wait and see semi.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                            I'm excited to see Langley is doing well.
                            If he can become decent route runner... His speed would give us a stretched feild. That guy has 4.3-4.4 speed. And he played Corner out of need of his college team. He was a WR naturally, But he was athletic enough to be drafted as a corner. Since WR was where he started and only switched in college part way through... That dude might be a great receiver that has been out of his natural position all this time.

                            4.3 speed stretching that field would be excellent.

                            I'm also excited that Lock is looking like he is the real deal. I really hope Rypien does well too.

                            Sad to hear Davis went down. But glad it is only 5 weeks for his expected recovery.
                            ​​​​​​
                            I agree with your optimism, but I believe his only chance to making the roster right out of TC, imo, would be because he won the punt return job, and shows promise as a wr down the road. Otherwise, assuming he has PS eligibility, that is his next best option to making a team because when he is out of PS eligibility, he’s in danger of being out of the league.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              KOA Radio's Brandon Krisztal will have a daily recap of training camp which you can read here

                              From today's post I thought this comment was interesting:

                              "Speaking of Wide Receivers, one veteran defensive player told me after practice that he’s a little worried about the team’s downfield speed on the outside. “There isn’t anyone who scares you that they can take the top of the defense,” he said."

                              Langley could provide that speed though he has a long way to go to be a part of the receiver rotation.

                              Krisztol wasn't as impressed with Drew Lock as some other media members were.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

                                Haha playing 36 in 115 heat is far worse than sitting on grass watching a practice.

                                My soft comment was semi joking. But I’ve always said this fanbase isn’t the best. But I’m totally generalizing that over the years.

                                If fortnite tournament was out there you’d see all of Denver’s underage sitting out there in that heat. Kids today just aren’t into sports like it was in the past.
                                Lol there would be a lot of the posters on this forum too! Yes the Denver fanbase has had 2 surges of bandwagon riders. 1997-98 and The Manning ERA. Back to other teams and their hiding spots.

                                I didnt even think about the Flaccid fan point. Yeah Keesum even had a couple fans show up. Not one for old washed up Joe. The new love affair here will be the number 3 if it is Rypien. The mane loves the number 3.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X