Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Who cares? Are you saying the broncos are doing it the right way? Doesn’t that mean you’re agreeing with their approach?
    The "right" way? .....It's a QB driven leauge for the most part....even I will concede that since Manning left, you could make a decent argument that the Broncos just haven't been in the right spot in the draft etc to take a shot on a top prospect type....so given that the Broncos have been somewhat boxed out of the top prospects, then going with a strong defensive coach, and trying to maximize the talent you do have, would be the right way. .....but you could make a case that it might have been better to hire an offensive minded coach and take a stab at someone like Rosen or Allen. It's clearly too early to declare either of those 2 guys legit QB's in this leauge, and for now, it would appear the Broncos correctly passed them up.....but under the circumstances...where you have little other choice at QB than the Keenums and Flaccos of the world, you could do worse than Fangio. A good many NFL coaches have had long careers (MARTY SHOTTENHIEMER) getting a lot of a good defense and game manager QB's.

I'm not a big beleiver in Josh Allen...but one thing that did get my attention was his ability to run around and make some stuff happen....I had thought he had no future in this league because..he isn't a very good passer...but you get a modest improvement out of him and couple that with is running...I can see where he's a poor mans Cam Newton. I digress....

Given the path the Broncos find themselves on...Fangio is a good hire. He just isn't the guy who is going to want to turn things over to a green and raw QB. If Fangio succeeds as a HC it's becasue he in fact got the D playing on fire and your running game and Flacco just not screwing things up. If the Broncos schedule wasn't as brutal as it is..I'd give you all a fighters chance..but I can't see it this year.

Comment

• Sitting a raw rookie for a small period is the right way.

youre punching your chest as if Denver is stupid for not throwing him in right away or is Fangio making the right decision ?

The broncos wont settle. Notice if it breaks they move on? Won the SB with the worst QB season performance I’ve ever seen. Brock had to be called up it was so bad. It’s been 3 years. That’s it.

Comment

• Been saying this Denver’s offense isn’t multi dimensional without a WR threat. Sanders is huge cause there’s not much else there.

Comment

Been saying this Denver’s offense isn’t multi dimensional without a WR threat. Sanders is huge cause there’s not much else there.
          Yeah, we're going to need major leaps from some combo of Sutton, Hamilton and Patrick to improve on offense. Hopefully at least one of them is up to the task.

Comment

Sitting a raw rookie for a small period is the right way.

youre punching your chest as if Denver is stupid for not throwing him in right away or is Fangio making the right decision ?

The broncos wont settle. Notice if it breaks they move on? Won the SB with the worst QB season performance I’ve ever seen. Brock had to be called up it was so bad. It’s been 3 years. That’s it.
            First...back to another point you made earlier....about Reid sitting Mahomes a whole year except one game at the end..that was a mistake. With contracts the way they are along with my thought that if a QB is going to be good, you'll know it sooner rather than later...and you don't accomplish much by having them sit. ....so if you want to say the "right way" is to sit Lock..that's fine...Fangio doesn't see him as ready to go. The bigger issue then is why trade up for a 2nd round talent at QB when 2nd round talents just about never develope into something better than a 2nd round talent level QB and give that guy to a coach who isn't going to be invested in developing him? I'm not knocking on what Fangio is doing..he's doing exactly what you all brought him to Denver to do. Lock would be more of an appeasement to the fanbase than as an actual pick they have big plans for.....and on the off chance Lock is something....by the time you figure it out..you'll be deep into his rookie deal.....you'd have been better off just rolling with Flacco, Hogan and whatever late round/UDFA QB you could find and using the 2nd on more ammo for the D or whaterver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

First...back to another point you made earlier....about Reid sitting Mahomes a whole year except one game at the end..that was a mistake. With contracts the way they are along with my thought that if a QB is going to be good, you'll know it sooner rather than later...and you don't accomplish much by having them sit. ....so if you want to say the "right way" is to sit Lock..that's fine...Fangio doesn't see him as ready to go. The bigger issue then is why trade up for a 2nd round talent at QB when 2nd round talents just about never develope into something better than a 2nd round talent level QB and give that guy to a coach who isn't going to be invested in developing him? I'm not knocking on what Fangio is doing..he's doing exactly what you all brought him to Denver to do. Lock would be more of an appeasement to the fanbase than as an actual pick they have big plans for.....and on the off chance Lock is something....by the time you figure it out..you'll be deep into his rookie deal.....you'd have been better off just rolling with Flacco, Hogan and whatever late round/UDFA QB you could find and using the 2nd on more ammo for the D or whaterver.
              Why are you comparing Mahomes with Lock? Different style different athleticism etc etc. Mahomes pure talent would overcome the mental mistakes so IMO he didn’t need to sit.

If Mahomes was drafted by Denver this year, Fangio wouldn’t say/have same approach as with Lock.

you are speaking in absolutes, when in reality sitting or playing right away is an HC decision based on that individual players talents.

Comment

Why are you comparing Mahomes with Lock? Different style different athleticism etc etc. Mahomes pure talent would overcome the mental mistakes so IMO he didn’t need to sit.

If Mahomes was drafted by Denver this year, Fangio wouldn’t say/have same approach as with Lock.

you are speaking in absolutes, when in reality sitting or playing right away is an HC decision based on that individual players talents.
                It's a hard thing to meausre, but if you take the last 20-25 starting QB's from each super bowl, and you divide those guys up into two groups..the play right away gorup, and the sit and study group...there is no difference in QB rating for the first 16 games on average of those two groups. It suggests, but does not prove, that if a QB is going to be good, then he'll be good regardless of when he starts. It also suggests, but does not prove, that sitting wasn't as important as playing.....you would think there would be a noticable uptick in stats for the sit guys....considering they watched and learned and practiced more before actually getting into a game. That simply isn't the case. On the flip side, you could say, maybe the guys who sat would have had considerably worse stats had they started right away.....we can't know for sure...but it wouldn't seem likely.

Clearly we all don't know yet what Lock will be (although I am pretty sure I know) But you aren't finding out while Fangio is the coach unless Flacco is utterly horrible or horribly injured....even then, I am not convinced he is going to elevate Lock to 2 because again...60 years old...one shot at HC...Hogan has started in this league.....Fangio seems exactly in the situation and exactly the kind of coach where that matters.

Comment

• Just give it a rest already. I want to see TC updates not your stupid crap about how lock is going to suck and mohomo is the best. Lock is going to be the number 2. No matter what you think or say or try to convince yourself or anyone else of. Hogan sucks. He is bad. He is very bad. He will not be able to hold off Rypien or Lock throughout pre-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

I didn't "jump" to this conclusion...I brilliantly deduced this months ago. Fangio isn't in it to spend his one HC job at age 60, developing a QB. He doesn't have the time and it isn't in his skill set. He's gotta make this work with Flacco. It won't work. By then the ownership should be settled. John will be ready to step out of the GM job, and you all will get to actually try to find a QB then...you've got at least 2 more years of QB hell minimum to look forward to.
                    All just wild guesses. Of course a defensive coordinator leaves the QB and offense decisions to offensive staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                      Just give it a rest already. I want to see TC updates not your stupid crap about how lock is going to suck and mohomo is the best. .
                      Amen to that, take this to another thread and leave this one for camp stuff. Not every thread needs to be full of this bull****.

Comment

• All for rival fans posting. However Mother of God! Everything DOESNT need to have a Mahomo lens to it. If you can't edit yourself, a mod here can help.

Comment

• I feel like ZeroDolts would let Mahomes smash his wife if he agreed to autograph her ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
                            I feel like ZeroDolts would let Mahomes smash his wife if he agreed to autograph her ass.
                            He'd at least sit for a few of these...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_19-5.png
Views:	422
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	2475243

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

He'd at least sit for a few of these...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_19-5.png
Views:	422
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	2475243
                              Exactly, except there'd be way less clothes and Zero would be there with a big foam finger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post

Exactly, except there'd be way less clothes and Zero would be there with a big foam finger.
                                Ha HA i'd rep that, but well....

Comment

Working...
                                X