No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 te set is my favorite offense. Yes!!!

Comment

• Nothing to be alarmed about concerning Lock, as there is a reason he dropped to the 2nd round. This also explains one reason why Elway was never going to take Lock with the 10th pick; and having Flacco was the other reason. Say what you want about Flacco, but he’s the best chance for the Broncos this season. Lock’s turn will be next year at the soonest, barring injury. But Lock is the future, no doubt about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
        Maybe Fangio is what Lock needs to drop the sophomoric bs and mature into an NFL QB
        Maybe I’m misunderstanding your statement, but there is no reports of Lock pulling Paxton Lynch immature antics off or on the field. In fact, all reports say he is a hard worker and dedicated to the job. All Fangio said was that Lock was given no favors at Mizzou with the offense he ran and the lack of talent he was surrounded with, and that’s why he’s just not up to par at the NFL level.

In other words, he’s just got so much to learn, he’s going to take a while to get to an acceptable level before Fangio will want/allow him to start. But really, it’s not a surprise, and thus the reason he was available in the 2nd.

Comment

• Dooley helped him. He’s not as raw with nfl concepts as some think. He learned multiple different offenses with no problems. From Heupels shotgun spread to Dooleys 3 TE sets.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...7c879.amp.html

Comment

• I told you all months ago that 60 year old defensive minded Vic Fangio would want NOTHING to do with a rookie QB. It isn't Fangios area of expertise, and he's got THIS one job at this age to make something happen as a head coach. LOCK isn't ever going to come close to the field when games count if Fangio has anything to do with it (and he does) I'll say it again...the coaching staff/regime to handle the next actual QB of the future for the Broncos is not the staff you have now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
              I told you all months ago that 60 year old defensive minded Vic Fangio would want NOTHING to do with a rookie QB. It isn't Fangios area of expertise, and he's got THIS one job at this age to make something happen as a head coach. LOCK isn't ever going to come close to the field when games count if Fangio has anything to do with it (and he does) I'll say it again...the coaching staff/regime to handle the next actual QB of the future for the Broncos is not the staff you have now.
              Please STFU and get out of here...

Comment

I told you all months ago that 60 year old defensive minded Vic Fangio would want NOTHING to do with a rookie QB. It isn't Fangios area of expertise, and he's got THIS one job at this age to make something happen as a head coach. LOCK isn't ever going to come close to the field when games count if Fangio has anything to do with it (and he does) I'll say it again...the coaching staff/regime to handle the next actual QB of the future for the Broncos is not the staff you have now.
                Worry about Andy Reid. The Paul Westphal of the NBA. Also enjoy that Madden Curse lol

Comment

• Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                  Maybe Fangio is what Lock needs to drop the sophomoric bs and mature into an NFL QB
                  What sophomoric BS? He has a little swagger and cockiness to him. Fangio is saying his college offense doesn't translate to the pros. He's saying he's got a big arm but needs to develop other skills to be successful

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Cheeze View Post

What sophomoric BS? He has a little swagger and cockiness to him. Fangio is saying his college offense doesn't translate to the pros. He's saying he's got a big arm but needs to develop other skills to be successful
                    I generally hate the pointless hype cycle of training camp. The number of fluff pieces on guys that will struggle to crack the starting 53 gets tiresome. But equally tiresome is the segment of fandom that constantly wants to **** all over our young players that haven't made the jump to pro bowl level starters yet.

Comment

I love how you jump to conclusions based off articles and reports from people that honestly dont know that much about football. Queef fans really go out of their way to try and gain Bronco fan acceptance. It is so weird.

Comment

• So Lock is a bust. Great. Might as well cut bait now. Good job drunk Elway.

We should of draft Haskins.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

I love how you jump to conclusions based off articles and reports from people that honestly dont know that much about football. Queef fans really go out of their way to try and gain Bronco fan acceptance. It is so weird.
                          I didn't "jump" to this conclusion...I brilliantly deduced this months ago. Fangio isn't in it to spend his one HC job at age 60, developing a QB. He doesn't have the time and it isn't in his skill set. He's gotta make this work with Flacco. It won't work. By then the ownership should be settled. John will be ready to step out of the GM job, and you all will get to actually try to find a QB then...you've got at least 2 more years of QB hell minimum to look forward to.

Comment

Who cares? Are you saying the broncos are doing it the right way? Doesn’t that mean you’re agreeing with their approach?

Comment

• Comment

Fangio doesn't coach offense, or really work with offense by his own admission. Of course, I understand you are trying to be inflammatory - but at least post something that has some merit. Of course Flacco is option #1. Will it work out? Maybe, if our D and run game are performing the way we hope they will.

About Lock - his coach is named Rich Scangarello. Look to Rich for analysis on Drew, Fangio stays out of his business like a professional head coach should. Everyone knows Lock needs work, but all the tools are there. Drew threw more touchdowns in the SEC than Mahomes did in the Big 12. That doesn't mean he will ever be as good as a pro - but the tools to be a winning NFL QB are there if he has time to develop.

And another thing - even Andy Reid (remember him?) only let Mahomes play in one game his rookie year. He deemed Patrick "Not Ready" to beat out Alex Smith. Most young QBs really take a year or two to develop, then they can be fairly judged.

Comment

Working...
                                X