Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yerner View Post

they're not going to resign him and play him at a new position. les shapiro talked about bolles alot last season. not well liked in the locker room. he didn't work very hard or take coaching well. In fact, VJ had to call him into the office with his agent I think and tell him that it was do or die time for his starting gig. He did pick up his play a bit I suppose after that. Personally, I just don't think he can play. I'd like to see them move on.
    He's under contract until 2021, so he would be playing next season on his rookie deal. 1 year to see how he handles OG, then they decide if they want to resign him or let him walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

You don't think they would possibly cut Leary the last year of his contract, move Bolles to OG and save 5 million in 2020? Bolles has been inconsistent in pass coverage, but wouldn't be left on an island while playing OG. He probably isn't worth the 5th year option either way, but they could resign him for less as an OG than as an OT.
      you're right, i didn't think of a leary cut. i suppose it could make some sense. i just don't know if they like the player that much.

Comment

He's under contract until 2021, so he would be playing next season on his rookie deal. 1 year to see how he handles OG, then they decide if they want to resign him or let him walk.
        you know, i stand corrected. i thought this was going to be his fourth season. i guess it just feels that way. he def. gets this year to figure himself out.

Comment

• I still think Risner could play LT and slide Bolles to LG. IMO the main reason Leary got moved to RG is that Risner is better in pass pro and could help hide Bolles weakness in that area. That's why I say just go ahead and slide Bolles inside and see if he is worth a second contract at LG.

Also I said after last year's draft that Daesean Hamilton was just as good as Sutton and he was drafted as the Sanders clone as Sutton was the slower DT clone. After Sanders went down last season Hamilton was our best WR.

Also Donald Penn is out there and we could afford him with the 5.5 mill in cap space
          Last edited by Allen C; 07-23-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

You don't think they would possibly cut Leary the last year of his contract, move Bolles to OG and save 5 million in 2020? Bolles has been inconsistent in pass coverage, but wouldn't be left on an island while playing OG. He probably isn't worth the 5th year option either way, but they could resign him for less as an OG than as an OT.
            If Bolles is moved that means he failed at LT. Also means minimal film/time at a new position right before a new contract.

IMO Bolles still has time to show his worth...but if he can’t improve I don’t even see a 5th year option. Cut ties after 4 years and bring someone in much younger.

Comment

• No more Sunshine for wide receiver?

Comment

• How the F has Elway not signed Mason Foster yet? I know he likes to freelance but Fangio is the perfect coach to get the most out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

Same. I won't say who it is that I know, but it's about as solid a source as there could be. The worst stories all regard a word that starts with EN and end with MENT - and the TITLE in the middle is likely to be the only title Garrett Bolles ever gets near.
                  Ahhh. Yeah, my source is similar (NOT light rail!) The phrase used by this person started with "Bordeline" and the second part rhymed with "He Farted".

This might explain some of his alleged behavior. If you have been around individuals with mental disabilities, many times there are issues with picking up social cues. Not handling criticism appropriately and seeming to have an inflated sense of self. Typical methods of correction don't always have the same result as they would with the average person and the individual can come off as aloof or even above the intended coaching.

Anyway, I hope it works out for the kid because that means it works out for the Broncos as well.
                  Last edited by TerrElway; 07-23-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                    How the F has Elway not signed Mason Foster yet? I know he likes to freelance but Fangio is the perfect coach to get the most out of him.
                    Back in 2015, Fangio's 1st season as the Bears DC, Chicago signed Mason Foster to a 1-year deal but cut him after preseason. One of the ILBs that made the final roster over Foster was Sam Acho, who also is a FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerrElway View Post

Ahhh. Yeah, my source is similar (NOT light rail!) The phrase used by this person started with "Bordeline" and the second part rhymed with "He Farted".

This might explain some of his alleged behavior. If you have been around individuals with mental disabilities, many times there are issues with picking up social cues. Not handling criticism appropriately and seeming to have an inflated sense of self. Typical methods of correction don't always have the same result as they would with the average person and the individual can come off as aloof or even above the intended coaching.

Anyway, I hope it works out for the kid because that means it works out for the Broncos as well.
                      The bizarre part about all of this is how a front office goes through a draft process and still makes such player the 20th-overall selection. It's crazy to realize that Garett Bolles already is 27 while Tyron Smith, entering his 9th season as the Cowboys LT, is 28.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

The bizarre part about all of this is how a front office goes through a draft process and still makes such player the 20th-overall selection. It's crazy to realize that Garett Bolles already is 27 while Tyron Smith, entering his 9th season as the Cowboys LT, is 28.

Well they did draft a WR who had zero interest in football, and a CB who hates running backwards.

Bolles is at least trying.

Comment

• I think that Bolles is the kind of player that needs a consistently good player next to him. We haven't given him that for even half a season so far in his career. I think that he will progress as the entire line progresses, and if Risner is the smart, athletic anchor that we expect him to be, Bolles' job will get much easier. AKA - he won't have to "think" as much, and therefore play faster.

I'm not saying he'll ever be Lepsis, but he can get dramatically better with a consistent group around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Well they did draft a WR who had zero interest in football, and a CB who hates running backwards.

Bolles is at least trying.
                            Ugh. It’s so brutal. Well, at least Bolles is trying harder than our FO is.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                              I think that Bolles is the kind of player that needs a consistently good player next to him. We haven't given him that for even half a season so far in his career. I think that he will progress as the entire line progresses, and if Risner is the smart, athletic anchor that we expect him to be, Bolles' job will get much easier. AKA - he won't have to "think" as much, and therefore play faster.

I'm not saying he'll ever be Lepsis, but he can get dramatically better with a consistent group around him.
                              I'm not sure what that says about Bolles that he might be "saved" by a rookie LG who hasn't played a single snap of NFL football yet.

Comment

• Bolles improved from bottom tier OL in 2017 play to mid-tier in 2018. He obviously still has serious issues with penalties, but anytime I see someone make it sound like he’s a no-hoper I know that the penalties are all they paid attention to. He made improvement last season that was exactly what you’d hope to see in year two from a guy without a lot of football background. There’s more reason to be optimistic about Bolles (especially with Munchak coming in) than not.

Comment

Working...
                                X