Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bolles is the kind of player belichick would have cut a year ago.

    Comment


    • Deangelo Henderson aka the Walter Payton of the Mane was just cut

      Comment


      • Originally posted by yerner View Post
        bolles is the kind of player belichick would have cut a year ago.
        No he wouldn’t have, because he’s not an idiot. He knows Bolles has value. He would still exhaust every avenue and resource he has to try to rehab him, and when he’s finally given up, he would find a team desperate for a LT and trade him for a 3rd, maybe more.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

          No he wouldn’t have, because he’s not an idiot. He knows Bolles has value. He would still exhaust every avenue and resource he has to try to rehab him, and when he’s finally given up, he would find a team desperate for a LT and trade him for a 3rd, maybe more.
          we just disagree on bolles value. i think he has none. either way, he sure as hell wouldn't have kept bolles as his starting left tackle.

          Comment


          • Bolles has value. This is his last year to prove how much to the Broncos though. RT is spoken for thru 2021 so he's either worth a new deal at LT or cut in 2020.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
              Bolles has value. This is his last year to prove how much to the Broncos though. RT is spoken for thru 2021 so he's either worth a new deal at LT or cut in 2020.
              well, that's the way they are playing it out for sure. i won't be surprised if by the end of camp munchak and fangio go to elway and tell him the kid can't play. maybe flip him for a late pick or just release him.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yerner View Post

                well, that's the way they are playing it out for sure. i won't be surprised if by the end of camp munchak and fangio go to elway and tell him the kid can't play. maybe flip him for a late pick or just release him.
                I still think he starts at LT all this year. but unless he has improved enough for the 5th year option, he'll be cut before his roster bonus in 2020.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                  Bolles has value. This is his last year to prove how much to the Broncos though. RT is spoken for thru 2021 so he's either worth a new deal at LT or cut in 2020.
                  Question is, can he play OG and will Leary be worth keeping around for 2020. If he isn't great at LT, do you cut Leary, move Bolles to G and save 5 million and either sign or draft an LT.

                  FA/Bolles/McGovern/Risner/James...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                    Bolles has value. This is his last year to prove how much to the Broncos though. RT is spoken for thru 2021 so he's either worth a new deal at LT or cut in 2020.
                    Move him to OG or trade him to a team that needs a RT.

                    Comment


                    • You don't cut or release bolles. He is fine at LT, but they would, as mentioned above, move him to OG. He is a mauler in the run game. Very very very good there.They wouldn't just throw him away. Theyd move him inside and get a different LT.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        You don't cut or release bolles. He is fine at LT, but they would, as mentioned above, move him to OG. He is a mauler in the run game. Very very very good there.They wouldn't just throw him away. Theyd move him inside and get a different LT.
                        i don't see him displacing anyone at guard. not to mention, he's apparently an asshat in the locker room.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yerner View Post

                          i don't see him displacing anyone at guard. not to mention, he's apparently an asshat in the locker room.
                          Leary likely will not get another contract with us. If he does not retire here soon anyway. I have heard Bolles is a clown in the LR, but not an asshat. I did read about how perhaps he and Leary did or do not get along so well, but it was kinda reading between the lines. So maybe that, but for the LR I have never seen anything to support that.

                          Comment


                          • Unless Bolles is going to break out into something great this year there won’t be a resign. Why resign an old Bolles when you can go much younger at LT?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

                              Leary likely will not get another contract with us. If he does not retire here soon anyway. I have heard Bolles is a clown in the LR, but not an asshat. I did read about how perhaps he and Leary did or do not get along so well, but it was kinda reading between the lines. So maybe that, but for the LR I have never seen anything to support that.
                              they're not going to resign him and play him at a new position. les shapiro talked about bolles alot last season. not well liked in the locker room. he didn't work very hard or take coaching well. In fact, VJ had to call him into the office with his agent I think and tell him that it was do or die time for his starting gig. He did pick up his play a bit I suppose after that. Personally, I just don't think he can play. I'd like to see them move on.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yerner View Post

                                i don't see him displacing anyone at guard. not to mention, he's apparently an asshat in the locker room.
                                You don't think they would possibly cut Leary the last year of his contract, move Bolles to OG and save 5 million in 2020? Bolles has been inconsistent in pass coverage, but wouldn't be left on an island while playing OG. He probably isn't worth the 5th year option either way, but they could resign him for less as an OG than as an OT.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X