No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolles was looking great until it became real football and then the old Bolles returned. Bolles is another Paxton Lynch. Too stupid for pro football. What a shame

Comment

• Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

And, if it seems as if I just compared Bolles to Ted Bundy - well, maybe I did, and maybe I didn't.
      Pretty sure Bundy was extremely intelligent.

Comment

• Well. I did not think Hamilton was going to be able to be in on the competition for #3. But I'll gladly eat my crow. The guy is balling out.

Comment

And, if it seems as if I just compared Bolles to Ted Bundy - well, maybe I did, and maybe I didn't.
          We all put our Under Armor Branded Magic Undies on one leg at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

We all put our Under Armor Branded Magic Undies on one leg at a time.
            There aren't many people on here I'll take magic underwear barbs from. But you're good. (insert smiley face, if there was such a thing)

Comment

• Originally posted by TerrElway View Post

Same. The stories I have heard about him at Utah (from people who would know) made me just cringe. My dog scored better on the Wonderlic and it seems he has the reasoning and logic skills that go along with the intellect of a pre-teen.

I really, really hoped he would turn out to be an awesome feel good story but I'm not as hopeful as I once was. If you've read (or watched) Of Mice and Men, you know how Lenny's story ends.
              Same. I won't say who it is that I know, but it's about as solid a source as there could be. The worst stories all regard a word that starts with EN and end with MENT - and the TITLE in the middle is likely to be the only title Garrett Bolles ever gets near.

Comment

• Elway’s intention is to praise Fangio for implementing a disciplined attention to detail to the team. But it’s impossible to compare this year with the last two years, and not inadvertently throw the VJ regime under the bus, deservedly so.

Comment

• It’s been said earlier in this thread, but according to the talking heads who go to all the practices, including Nalen & Orlando Franklin, that despite his occasional bonehead plays, Bolles does appear to be responding to coaching better this year than he ever did the last two years. Imo, most of it is respect for Munchak, and part is Fangio. Bolles knows he can’t get away with the crap he used to under VJ. Also, while I do believe Scangerello’s recent praise of Elijah Wilkinson was sincere and deserved, I also believe it may have been a message and reminder to Bolles that his potential replacement is his backup.

All that said, I still have high hopes for Bolles, and believe that he’ll eventually come around and grow up. But this year is it, his last chance. If Munchak can’t get through to him, then nobody can.

Comment

• i wonder if trent williams is available.

Comment

• While at first glance, this comment can be construed as just fluff for a former CU teammate. But according to the consensus of the talking heads that have attended all the TC practices, Juwann Winfree is the truth, and may have already locked up the 5th WR spot; he just needs to stay healthy. Stokley has been raving about him. While I don’t know if Lindsay’s 1st round comment has any merit, Winfree does have legit NFL tools, and at least so far is way out-producing his 6th round status.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post
                        i wonder if trent williams is available.
                        I believe he is for the right price. However, Ian Rapoport reported Williams has yet to be medically cleared; he has not played a full season since 2013; and he wants a new contract, which probably means making him the highest-paid OT in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

I remember in 2017 OTA’s, that he said in a PC that it didn’t matter to him which side he plays on because he is comfortable with either. I have to wonder if after seeing Bolles and his antics the last two years, he’s about had enough of him, and now just wants to be on the opposite side! Also, Leary admitted a couple of days ago that he and Bolles have been “butting heads”, so who knows? ;>)

That said, Risner is the future, and could possibly be seen as a good influence on Bolles.
                          Generally speaking LG has more responsibility to pull and block and on the run than RG. With Leary's knees RG might suit him better.

Scangarello also went out of his way to praise Wilkinson. Whether that's to light a fire under Bolles' ass or because Elijah is going to be taking his job remains to be seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by kappys View Post

Generally speaking LG has more responsibility to pull and block and on the run than RG. With Leary's knees RG might suit him better.

Scangarello also went out of his way to praise Wilkinson. Whether that's to light a fire under Bolles' ass or because Elijah is going to be taking his job remains to be seen.
                            As I mentioned in a post above, I think it served as a dual purpose. While I think the praise for Wilkinson was legit and deserved, it also was meant to send a message to Bolles that they have his replacement in the wings. JMO

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

I believe he is for the right price. However, Ian Rapoport reported Williams has yet to be medically cleared; he has not played a full season since 2013; and he wants a new contract, which probably means making him the highest-paid OT in the league.
                              yeah, the contract could be a problem. i'd still look to cut bolles and bring someone else in though.

Comment

That uniform doesn't help his cause, as it pertains to my admiration (or lack thereof). I really tried to like him, when he was drafted. We share the same religion. We both served LDS missions (he even served in Denver, which was more checkmark in his favor). But I just can't do it. He's too dumb. And from the way it sounds, he's too lazy. Nope. Just can't do it. Ted Bundy was LDS (at least, for a short time), so it's not like I have to like all of them. We so should have drafted Ramczyk.
                                Regardless of his uniform (which makes me vomit) and his intelligence, I always thought he was a RT. He was drafted way too early and was too big of a project at 25 years old (1 year of D1 football) to be drafted in the first round and was a huge reach drafting for need. I would have been fine with him in the second round as a RT.

Comment

Working...
                                X