Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
    The thing people don't understand in those responses under the tweet is that this guy is fighting for a roster spot vs being a practice squad guy, and he knows it.

    So yes he didn't need to display juke moves on a 5 yard out... But he chose to show them because he is fighting for a spot on the 53 and every guy is getting limited reps. He also blows right into or past the CB sometimes too. Got to show everything in camp if one wants to make a team.

    His fake shows what he could do to a safety farther down field. If you can twist a guy this way and that with rubber legs... Cool. That is a skill. It doesn't work on a guy running with you and past 5-10 yards a CB would be, but once you beat him... that safety down field is gonna have to choose left or right too.

    The guy that jukes the safety is usually the guy that makes a TD. So showing that stuff is important. Even if in a game that wouldn't have been necessary on that particular route as so many pointed out...(though it still could be used as a delay to set up blocking in front or be a timed fifth read dump off where he is buying time with his feet, coaches are always doing smart things if they are smart coaches). And a guy that rubber legs the CB a few times gets more room in front of him after a bit.

    I like Hamilton. I think he is giving his all at camp. As he should.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
      I don't think he has to fight very hard for a spot. Besides after that he gets it. That is a first down or TD every time.

      Comment


      • Hamilton is not fighting for a roster spot.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bowtown View Post
          Hamilton is not fighting for a roster spot.
          Technically everyone is fighting for a spot . But ya you said it.

          Comment


          • here's my hot take of the summer...rypien turns out better than lock. i'm going to pretend to die on this hill.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bowtown View Post
              Hamilton is not fighting for a roster spot.
              Yes, that is true, but he is fighting for the starting slot spot. And depending on Sanders availability, he may be fighting for his spot.

              Comment


              • Comment


                • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  This guy needs to produce more this year. I know he had crappy QB's but still he was hyped up last TC/PS.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

                    This guy needs to produce more this year. I know he had crappy QB's but still he was hyped up last TC/PS.
                    His route running will keep him in the mix




                    def a learning curve going on.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yerner View Post
                      here's my hot take of the summer...rypien turns out better than lock. i'm going to pretend to die on this hill.

                      Would not shock me if developmentally, Rypien is currently ahead of Lock. He was also a 4 year starter and spent more time under center in a pro style system. But unless Rypien is able to develop Drew Brees level accuracy and anticipation on his throws, his arm strength is going to limit him at the Pro Level.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by v2micca View Post


                        Would not shock me if developmentally, Rypien is currently ahead of Lock. He was also a 4 year starter and spent more time under center in a pro style system. But unless Rypien is able to develop Drew Brees level accuracy and anticipation on his throws, his arm strength is going to limit him at the Pro Level.
                        Yes. Rypien had a more “NFL friendly” system in college, including playing under center. Lock is basically learning how to play QB all over again. But once he figures it out, Lock can be a good one, and possibly special. And Rypien will probably never be much more than a good back up; JMO.

                        Comment


                        • I don’t know, Lock learned multiple offenses in college. From spread to Dooleys nfl incorporated schemes.

                          Rypien is interesting though. I wonder if that was a strictly Scangs pick up like Mullen’s was for SF. Either way, I think we have our 3rd/4th string cape wearing QB forming!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

                            def a learning curve going on.

                            Fangio is right, let's panic in a couple weeks. But you have to wonder what toys Denver could have afforded with the money spent on Flacco, Heuerman, and Davis. Another stud OL for sure. It's silly that Leary is stuck at RG. He said last season he's strongest at LG.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

                              Fangio is right, let's panic in a couple weeks. But you have to wonder what toys Denver could have afforded with the money spent on Flacco, Heuerman, and Davis. Another stud OL for sure. It's silly that Leary is stuck at RG. He said last season he's strongest at LG.
                              not necessarily.......

                              "I love right guard," Leary said. "I think you all might have said I wanted to go back to my natural spot at left guard more than me. I wanted to stay at right guard last year. I had made that known to the coaches, but they decided to move back to left. I’m glad to be at right. I feel a lot more comfortable at right. I had a great season at right my first year here. I’m excited to be at right. Everything’s good.”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yerner View Post
                                here's my hot take of the summer...rypien turns out better than lock. i'm going to pretend to die on this hill.
                                Makes me miss Jarious Jackson.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X