Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Yesterday was good for him too. I think it was just the 1st day he was quiet.
    John Davis & Orlando Franklin was talking on The Fan podcast that Fant was getting called out by some of the vets yesterday. Apparently, he was acting like a primadonna since camp started, and resting on his laurels. Cecil Lammey came into the discussion a few minutes later and confirmed the accusation, and added that it actually started the 1st day. He said Sanders called him out for not “finishing the play”. And even Sutton—the 2nd year player—had to get on his case and was yelling “that’s not how we do it here!”

So good for the vets for taking ownership of this thing, and good for Fant for going out today and taking care of business instead of sitting on the bench and sulking all day.

Comment

• Hogan will be 4th string no later than after the HOF game. And if he’s still 4th string at the end of preseason, he’ll be cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

You aren't really trying unless you've identified what you believe is a round 1 talent, and you do what it takes to get that guy. That's not always easy to do...so for example, I am sure the Broncos had Andrew Luck rated as 1/1 on their board but there is no way to trade up for him....

That said...the only guy Elway really had identified as worthwhile was Lynch. I'm not even going to hold that one swing and miss against him...QB is tough to evaluate. The part of your take that I have an issue with is that Elway is "trying" to fix the QB situation.

If signing cast offs from other teams and drafting dudes in later rounds is "trying" then the Chiefs were trying really hard from 1983 to 2017. When you break it down to QB's who end amounting to something, the numbers undeniably tell us that those guys are typically top 10 overall selections.

It's been discussed other places here that when evaluating Elways track record on QB, part of that evaluation has to include the oppertunities he realistically had to draft a QB high. It's a fair point...but in the past couple seasons, Elway has had a shot to select Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and he certainly could have made a better offer than KC did to trade up to 10 in 2017 draft for Mahomes and he could have beat Houstons offer to move up to 12 for Watson. I'll throw in that he might have been able to trade up for darnold (debatable at least)

Mahomes is a star...Watson is a star...I posed the question on this board asking what your thoughts on Josh Allen were considering you ended up with Chubb (who is obviously very good) ....and you've now passed on Rosen twice essentially. If one or both of them become something upper echelon....then you'd have to question just how hard Elway is "trying"

Keenum and Flacco are EXACTLY the kind of singings KC used to do to keep the proverbial window open....to keep "hope" alive for a playoff berth..and ultimately tickets being sold.
        Broncos drafted at 20 in 2017.

I agree 2017 was a terrible draft, looking back now could they have had enough ammo to trade up for Watson just a year after trading for Lynch? I guess so but Watson was an unknown and looked at as a run first QB at the time. Plus we needed a LT badly.

Chefs were here the only team high on mmHomesd. Duh bears moved up to take Mitch over Patrica right? Again he put up numbers but wasn’t in a big program. I think he was even better than the chefs thought he would be.

Drafting QBs are a crap shoot, you finally got lucky after 50 years. Don’t act like you know all about QBs just because you finally have a guy who could turn out to be as good as the two we had and won SBs with.

Also I think Baker was the only QB in that draft class worth drafting.

What you dont don’t get is that John went back to his original plan of team building, valuing D over O and then letting BPA fall to him.

Last years draft was epic, this years could be just as good if Lock pushes Flacco by year 2 to start and Fant has a good year and Risner starts day one.

Comment

• Scangerello was at the podium today today after practice. Here’s some highlights:

Last edited by R8R H8R; 07-21-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Well, this is more like it.

Brittany sure is easy on the eyes, I’ll give her that. Seems to have some brains too. Her brother Johnny, OTOH, looks like a walking time bomb.

Comment

• Interesting...

Comment

• They say "if you have two quarterbacks, you have none". If you have nine punt returners...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  They say "if you have two quarterbacks, you have none". If you have nine punt returners...
                  It's an orgy!

Comment

• K. Bierria running with the 1’s today. Looks like Fangio is rotating guys in to see who stands out; I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                      K. Bierria running with the 1’s today. Looks like Fangio is rotating guys in to see who stands out; I like it.

Bierria is interesting. I hope he has a good camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                        Well, this is more like it.

Brittany sure is easy on the eyes, I’ll give her that. Seems to have some brains too. Her brother Johnny, OTOH, looks like a walking time bomb.

Decent sweater meat.

Comment

• A player that has been absent from all the reports I've read and heard so far is Dre'mont Jones. There's plenty of positivity for DeMarcus Walker, but Jones seems to be having a quiet camp.

Comment

A player that has been absent from all the reports I've read and heard so far is Dre'mont Jones. There's plenty of positivity for DeMarcus Walker, but Jones seems to be having a quiet camp.
                            Agreed. I was hoping to hear more on how Jones was fitting into the front seven. I don’t know if it is because he just isn’t showing them much yet, or if it is because we have so much depth up front now that he just is getting goody in the crowd.

Comment

A player that has been absent from all the reports I've read and heard so far is Dre'mont Jones. There's plenty of positivity for DeMarcus Walker, but Jones seems to be having a quiet camp.
                              Very rare for rookie DL to make big impacts - they need a season of strength conditioning at the NFL level before you usually see much ala Gotsis.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X