Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post

Attention will ramp up when they start winning. There's a lot of disgust in Denver after the VJ and Paxton debacle. People just about spit on the ground when Elway is mentioned seeings how he was pimping both of them with a big smile on his face and we saw how that turned out. Then throw in Keenum with the same big grin, and Flacco with a big grin. His act is wearing thin.
    So is he supposed to look upset when he acquires a new starting QB?

What do you think the proper behavior should be?

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

Thanks for the report, we all appreciate your efforts!

#2 Good news about Fort. It appears we might actually have a decent set of TE’s this year, if any of them can stay healthy. I thought I heard Jake Butt finally got to practice team drills today; can you confirm?

#3 Lock will be elevated to the 2nd string soon enough, you can bank on it. They either make the move on Tuesday after the team day off, or the HOF game at the latest, but it will be done. I agree that Hogan will probably not make the team, but no need to cut him until after preseason unless he obviously slides behind Rypien.

#5 Is Walker 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team? I heard he has gained weight, so if he shines in preseason, he’ll make the team.

#6 Bolles is an enigma, but I’m not worried...yet. Both Tom Nalen and Orlando Franklin on The Fan have mentioned that they have been watching him closely. And while they both say he still has brain farts, some struggles, and is getting extra coaching attention, they agree that they are seeing positive progress from last year. Just the fact that he is much more receptive to coaching than in the past is a big deal. Also, let’s not forget that he is a bit slow and is learning a new blocking scheme this year.

Thanks again—are you going tomorrow also?
      I have high hopes for Bolles. That guy is strong and agile. Last year when he was getting holding penalties I had to laugh, dude wasn't just holding, he would grab the DE by the shoulder pads and pants, lift them up and throw them to the ground. Dude has great functional strength. Staff has to get it controlled, his run blocking is nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
        #5 Is Walker 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team? I heard he has gained weight, so if he shines in preseason, he’ll make the team.
        In 11 on 11s he was largely with the 2's and some with the 3's.

Thanks again—are you going tomorrow also?
        No worries. It was really fun actually. The crowd that did show was in really good spirits. Unfortunately I can't make tomorrow.. someone else will have to pick up the slack

Comment

• Originally posted by Action View Post

A drunken rant, cursing himself and Cabe Keesum, Jobe Flaccum, thanking himself John Ebay.

Comment

• Originally posted by kappys View Post
            Hogan's competition is Rypien not Lock.
            The problem is that Hogan's presence as the #2 QB on the roster limits Rypien's snaps considerably and almost erases his chances of making a statement in any sort of competition. How many 11 on 11 snaps is Rypien even getting to compare him to the other QBs? The 4th QB usually lives with the scraps.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	anigif_enhanced-31354-1391013772-11.gif
Views:	635
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2474177

Comment

Well first of all you don't sign bad quarterbacks, parade them as untouchable starters, and say they're entering their prime. It's like Elway wants to alienate the fanbase.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

Well first of all you don't sign bad quarterbacks, parade them as untouchable starters, and say they're entering their prime. It's like Elway wants to alienate the fanbase.
                    And mispronounce their name. L. O. L.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

I remember VJ's second year, someone asks him about settling on an OL combination instead of changing them out frequently, VJ answers "All an O lineman has to know is either shade left or shade right." True story.

Comment

• Anyone want a case keenum jersey for $10
                        they are having a close out sale at training camp

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                          Anyone want a case keenum jersey for $10
                          they are having a close out sale at training camp
                          If you get Keenum to sign it "Keesum" I'll buy it for $5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post

I've said it before and I'll say it again--at least Elway is TRYING to fix the QB issue by 1. drafting QBs in the high rounds and in the late rounds, 2. Elway is bringing in FAs. Elway scored big on Manning, but that was still a huge risk due to Manning's injury. Elway tried with Brock but Brock still did his part in the SB win years. Elway tried with Siemian, mainly because Kubiak believed in Siemian, it didn't work out. Elway tried with Lynch because of his huge upside, it didn't work out. Elway tried with Keenum, a veteran QB with lots of experience, after Keenum's best year and it didn't pan out (I think Keenum was also a Kubiak decision). Now Elway is trying with another veteran QB who's won a lot of games and a championship, AND he's drafting another QB high in the draft AND he's bringing in another project QB with NFL pedigree.

I mean, back off homey. I'm sick of you holier-than-thou, know-it-all fans who think they could magically find a franchise QB.

Comment

• Yeah and part of the problem is, we haven't been bad enough to warrant a #1 or #2 pick in the draft to get a top-tier QB.

And even THEN, it doesn't guarantee anything! Look at what happened with Josh Rosen and the Cardinals...

Really, selecting a QB is a crap shot. You just never know if their college success will translate into NFL success...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

I've said it before and I'll say it again--at least Elway is TRYING to fix the QB issue by 1. drafting QBs in the high rounds and in the late rounds, 2. Elway is bringing in FAs. Elway scored big on Manning, but that was still a huge risk due to Manning's injury. Elway tried with Brock but Brock still did his part in the SB win years. Elway tried with Siemian, mainly because Kubiak believed in Siemian, it didn't work out. Elway tried with Lynch because of his huge upside, it didn't work out. Elway tried with Keenum, a veteran QB with lots of experience, after Keenum's best year and it didn't pan out (I think Keenum was also a Kubiak decision). Now Elway is trying with another veteran QB who's won a lot of games and a championship, AND he's drafting another QB high in the draft AND he's bringing in another project QB with NFL pedigree.

I mean, back off homey. I'm sick of you holier-than-thou, know-it-all fans who think they could magically find a franchise QB.
                                You aren't really trying unless you've identified what you believe is a round 1 talent, and you do what it takes to get that guy. That's not always easy to do...so for example, I am sure the Broncos had Andrew Luck rated as 1/1 on their board but there is no way to trade up for him....

That said...the only guy Elway really had identified as worthwhile was Lynch. I'm not even going to hold that one swing and miss against him...QB is tough to evaluate. The part of your take that I have an issue with is that Elway is "trying" to fix the QB situation.

If signing cast offs from other teams and drafting dudes in later rounds is "trying" then the Chiefs were trying really hard from 1983 to 2017. When you break it down to QB's who end amounting to something, the numbers undeniably tell us that those guys are typically top 10 overall selections.

It's been discussed other places here that when evaluating Elways track record on QB, part of that evaluation has to include the oppertunities he realistically had to draft a QB high. It's a fair point...but in the past couple seasons, Elway has had a shot to select Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and he certainly could have made a better offer than KC did to trade up to 10 in 2017 draft for Mahomes and he could have beat Houstons offer to move up to 12 for Watson. I'll throw in that he might have been able to trade up for darnold (debatable at least)

Mahomes is a star...Watson is a star...I posed the question on this board asking what your thoughts on Josh Allen were considering you ended up with Chubb (who is obviously very good) ....and you've now passed on Rosen twice essentially. If one or both of them become something upper echelon....then you'd have to question just how hard Elway is "trying"

Keenum and Flacco are EXACTLY the kind of singings KC used to do to keep the proverbial window open....to keep "hope" alive for a playoff berth..and ultimately tickets being sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X