No announcement yet.

Training camp 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 ints sounds about right. Flacco being Flacco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

Plays in the CFL. According to an earlier post up there some where...
      Well I'm sure hes making way more in the CFL. What an Idiot .

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
        Yeah, I believe another person called it quits. Nothing wrong with realizing you can't really make it.
        I completely disagree. Quitting is not an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
          Lock jumped Hogan
          taking 2nd team reps
          lock to Winfree for 50 yards
          So Lock is Lock'd in. Huh.
          Hogan needs to go to HR and get a coaching job.

Comment

• I thought I read somewhere that Hogan is desirable on the roster just because of his mobility and a scout team QB. Don't know how accurate this is.

Comment

• I was just watching the Videos of camp. I have to say Failco throws a nice ball. Nice high arch and with velocity.Lock throws a good ball as well but I betting he is going to be getting a lot of his balls batted down at the line if he continues to throw that way . It comes out of the pocket almost flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by bowtown View Post

I have a really bad feeling about Fangio. He’s so defensive minded he doesn’t even know what positions are on offense. Of course Lock doesn’t know how to pitch, Vic, BECAUSE HE PLAYS QB! Idiot.
                When Fangio was hired, he was asked about the O, he said I'm a D guy but I know what beats my defense. Can't have a problem with that answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post

When Fangio was hired, he was asked about the O, he said I'm a D guy but I know what beats my defense. Can't have a problem with that answer.
                  I agree, so far I like everything about this guy.

Comment

• Went out and watched it live this morning.

Observation #1: where the hell is everybody? The crowd was super light despite the weather being really good and it being Saturday.

Observation #2: Austin Fort showed out today. He took snaps with the first three teams and made at least one big play with each. He doesn't seem explosive enough to be impactful in the NFL but despite that he was everywhere today.

Observation #3: Lock was very up and down today, but he's clearly going to be the #2 at the end of this. He's struggling with timing on short drops and passes into the flat and they spent a bunch of practice drilling him on his footwork in those situations. But in longer drop backs he looks pretty good. When the pocket broke down he showed some really good creativity and absolutely drilled a TD pass off his back feet with three defenders grouped around him (to be fair in game action that was a sack, but still it was a hell of a pass). He completed a nice little sidearm pass down the field as well. He also threw a deep ball on the money to a double covered Winfree who made the catch of practice. Hogan can do none of those things.

Observation #4: Chubb is going to be a monster this year and it's great to see the impact Miller is having on him. He looks like a 6 year veteran out there. It's just clear that he's ready to take it up another level this season.

Observation #5: Demarcus Walker was doing some work as well. He looks energized and was highly disruptive in his limited opportunities.

Observation #6: Bolles looks lost. He's receiving a LOT of coaching right now and he honestly looks a bit like a rookie. He's very much in think rather than react mode and it's showing up in his play. It was hard from my vantage point to see how he did during the 11 on 11's, but I'm pretty concerned about him right now tbh.

Overall it was the totally expected story. The offense was on the struggle bus. Flacco is extremely unimpressive as a starting Quarterback. Lock is inconsistent but promising. Hogan isn't going to make this team. The defense looks absolutely stacked. I think there's more to be optimistic about than not tho. This isn't a superbowl team but they do look more organized and focused already than they were at any point last season.

Comment

• The 104.3 guys are bagging on Fant, I guess their impression is he's primadonning three days into his career. Eh, who knows, it's three days into his career.

Listened to Wolfe and Leary pressers after yesterdays practice, Wolfe said we were excited about Keenum last camp, we're excited about Flacco this camp, we'll see how it turns out.

Leary said we know we have to get better on the OL, we hate getting looked at as a weak link.

Comment

• Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                        Went out and watched it live this morning.

Observation #1: where the hell is everybody? The crowd was super light despite the weather being really good and it being Saturday.

Observation #2: Austin Fort showed out today. He took snaps with the first three teams and made at least one big play with each. He doesn't seem explosive enough to be impactful in the NFL but despite that he was everywhere today.

Observation #3: Lock was very up and down today, but he's clearly going to be the #2 at the end of this. He's struggling with timing on short drops and passes into the flat and they spent a bunch of practice drilling him on his footwork in those situations. But in longer drop backs he looks pretty good. When the pocket broke down he showed some really good creativity and absolutely drilled a TD pass off his back feet with three defenders grouped around him (to be fair in game action that was a sack, but still it was a hell of a pass). He completed a nice little sidearm pass down the field as well. He also threw a deep ball on the money to a double covered Winfree who made the catch of practice. Hogan can do none of those things.

Observation #4: Chubb is going to be a monster this year and it's great to see the impact Miller is having on him. He looks like a 6 year veteran out there. It's just clear that he's ready to take it up another level this season.

Observation #5: Demarcus Walker was doing some work as well. He looks energized and was highly disruptive in his limited opportunities.

Observation #6: Bolles looks lost. He's receiving a LOT of coaching right now and he honestly looks a bit like a rookie. He's very much in think rather than react mode and it's showing up in his play. It was hard from my vantage point to see how he did during the 11 on 11's, but I'm pretty concerned about him right now tbh.

Overall it was the totally expected story. The offense was on the struggle bus. Flacco is extremely unimpressive as a starting Quarterback. Lock is inconsistent but promising. Hogan isn't going to make this team. The defense looks absolutely stacked. I think there's more to be optimistic about than not tho. This isn't a superbowl team but they do look more organized and focused already than they were at any point last season.
                        Didn't we bring in a LT or Somebody that was natural at LT ? If Boles is regressing it might be time to see how he is at guard. With his attitude and not to be rude his limited smartness might be a polite way to say it. It might be the best place for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                          Went out and watched it live this morning.

Thanks for the report, we all appreciate your efforts!

#2 Good news about Fort. It appears we might actually have a decent set of TE’s this year, if any of them can stay healthy. I thought I heard Jake Butt finally got to practice team drills today; can you confirm?

#3 Lock will be elevated to the 2nd string soon enough, you can bank on it. They either make the move on Tuesday after the team day off, or the HOF game at the latest, but it will be done. I agree that Hogan will probably not make the team, but no need to cut him until after preseason unless he obviously slides behind Rypien.

#5 Is Walker 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team? I heard he has gained weight, so if he shines in preseason, he’ll make the team.

#6 Bolles is an enigma, but I’m not worried...yet. Both Tom Nalen and Orlando Franklin on The Fan have mentioned that they have been watching him closely. And while they both say he still has brain farts, some struggles, and is getting extra coaching attention, they agree that they are seeing positive progress from last year. Just the fact that he is much more receptive to coaching than in the past is a big deal. Also, let’s not forget that he is a bit slow and is learning a new blocking scheme this year.

Thanks again—are you going tomorrow also?

Comment

• I was laughed at and told yesterday it was cause 100 degrees.

Sorry but Broncos got boring. Much like this website it mirrors the empty crowds at camp. Will take a bit to bring back the casual fan.

Comment

• Hogan was signed to be the scout QB so that Chad could focus on learning the offense instead of drilling the defense during the week. Won't be surprised at all if he makes the team to provide the same for Lock. Hogan's competition is Rypien not Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                                I was laughed at and told yesterday it was cause 100 degrees.

Sorry but Broncos got boring. Much like this website it mirrors the empty crowds at camp. Will take a bit to bring back the casual fan.
                                Attention will ramp up when they start winning. There's a lot of disgust in Denver after the VJ and Paxton debacle. People just about spit on the ground when Elway is mentioned seeings how he was pimping both of them with a big smile on his face and we saw how that turned out. Then throw in Keenum with the same big grin, and Flacco with a big grin. His act is wearing thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X