Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The more I watch Drew Lock's videos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

    I'll take the HOF QB vs the guy who caught lightning in the bottle for 1 YEAR. Washington would have won that year with several journeyman QBs.

    It amazes me how many people use the ring argument when it's pretty well known Football isnt Golf and takes a good team and some luck.
    What ring argument? I simply pointed out that even though he wasn't a HOF like Kelly, he at least QB'd a championship team. Never said he was a better QB than Kelly, but he was good enough to win that ring and lead the #1 offense in the league all season.

    Are you making the argument that Swag is better than Rypien because his his Uncle is HOF while Rypien's Uncle in merely a pro-bowler/SB MVP?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

      I'll take the HOF QB vs the guy who caught lightning in the bottle for 1 YEAR. Washington would have won that year with several journeyman QBs.

      It amazes me how many people use the ring argument when it's pretty well known Football isnt Golf and takes a good team and some luck.
      Kelly was more consistent

      But when Rypien got his chance in the SB he shined brighter than Kelly ever did

      Comment


      • #48
        Speaking of Rypien, he thumped on his woman and she layed on the sidewalk flailing. Then he has the built in CTE excuse.

        Comment


        • #49
          To get back to the original subject.....

          .....I think a lot of what will determine if Drew Lock is a success or not is stuff we can't possibly see or evaluate at the moment. Its down to what's between his ears, what his attitude is like. How much work does he put in off the field? How quickly does he absorb the playbook? How well and how quickly does he asborb his coaching? Ability to learn, listen work, these are all things the college tape won't show you.

          What the tape shows us is that if he is good, he has the physical tools to be very very good. But the same was true of the last guy. At this stage its meaningless. College tape got him drafted. That's it. He will have to learn to do all kinds of things in the pros he never did in college. The passing windows will be tighter, there will be less time, the players around him will be faster - its how well he adjusts to that change that will determine success or failure.

          What might be worth noting is that he started for four years in college (which in and of itself is a key trait of Qbs who found success in the pros) and showed improvement in passer rating every year, except his last, where his overall rating was down a little, but still very good and he did still throw fewer ints and get a higher completion percentage than the previous year. This might indicate a kid who's a good learner and a hard worker, but then again, it may not....

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by chrisp View Post
            To get back to the original subject.....

            .....I think a lot of what will determine if Drew Lock is a success or not is stuff we can't possibly see or evaluate at the moment. Its down to what's between his ears, what his attitude is like. How much work does he put in off the field? How quickly does he absorb the playbook? How well and how quickly does he asborb his coaching? Ability to learn, listen work, these are all things the college tape won't show you.

            What the tape shows us is that if he is good, he has the physical tools to be very very good. But the same was true of the last guy. At this stage its meaningless. College tape got him drafted. That's it. He will have to learn to do all kinds of things in the pros he never did in college. The passing windows will be tighter, there will be less time, the players around him will be faster - its how well he adjusts to that change that will determine success or failure.

            What might be worth noting is that he started for four years in college (which in and of itself is a key trait of Qbs who found success in the pros) and showed improvement in passer rating every year, except his last, where his overall rating was down a little, but still very good and he did still throw fewer ints and get a higher completion percentage than the previous year. This might indicate a kid who's a good learner and a hard worker, but then again, it may not....
            He also changed offensive systems like 3 times in 4 years right? I know that's not as big of a deal in college, but that has to say something for the ability to be flexible and absorb new concepts.

            Comment


            • #51
              I have my concerns about him, but he has a lot of positive traits. He went through multiple coaching/offensive coordinator changes during his time at Mizzou and was still able to be quite efficient and progress despite that. He isn't close to being ready year one, but I am confident he can be a quality NFL QB in this league.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                Speaking of Rypien, he thumped on his woman and she layed on the sidewalk flailing. Then he has the built in CTE excuse.
                He also faked being a Native so the Washington team could point at him and say, "See we aren't racist, look we hired an Indian."
                But he is 100% white.
                ​​​​​​Dude is a liar and a woman beater.
                ​​​​​
                But Brett is just his relative.
                So hopefully he isn't gonna end up doing anything similar or anything close trying to masterbate on a random's couch in a cowboy outfit.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I think you have somebody special on your hands. He really is awesome. Trust me, I know...

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The Broncos want to develop a homegrown prospect, something they haven't done well. But for Lock to do that, he will have to play quarterback the Broncos' way. And whether the local populace, Lock or anyone else likes it or not, that just might take a bit.

                    “His college offense really had no carryover to pro offenses and he was under duress a lot of times at his college, so a lot of his plays he was running around," Broncos coach Vic Fangio said. “I don’t think he’s far along being a ready NFL quarterback as he could have been. ... He’s not a quarterback yet. He’s a hard-throwing pitcher that doesn’t know how to pitch yet."
                    https://tv5.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...arning-at-camp

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                      We should have traded for Rosen as well.
                      Agree. No risk, minimal investment, possible great reward.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X