The more I watch Drew Lock's videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I watch Drew Lock's videos

the more I really like him as a QB. I truly believe the Broncos & Lock's best days are ahead of us. We're all Bronco's homer's but still, we're starting to get young with some very good players (young). I expect us to at least make the playoffs this year. (the very least)

Lol the reality is, if you actually watching objectively, the more you watch the worst it gets.

on first sight he’s a 1st round QB.

Comment

His hands are tiny, he will be a bust....

Comment

Five more days...

Comment

Any analysis of Lock's college tape should lead you to the conclusion that he is the classic boom or bust QB prospect, High ceiling, but also a very low flow. Any Broncos fan with a functioning memory should be nervous as our last boom or bust QB prospect definitely went pear shape on us.

I'm not trying to compare Drew Lock to Paxton Lynch. They are different QBs with different playing styles and each have their own suite of issues and shortcomings that potentially limit them in the NFL. But, I am definitely happy that we have only invested a 2nd round pick in acquiring Lock. That does help mitigate some of the risk associated with his development.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
            Any analysis of Lock's college tape should lead you to the conclusion that he is the classic boom or bust QB prospect, High ceiling, but also a very low flow. Any Broncos fan with a functioning memory should be nervous as our last boom or bust QB prospect definitely went pear shape on us.

I'm not trying to compare Drew Lock to Paxton Lynch. They are different QBs with different playing styles and each have their own suite of issues and shortcomings that potentially limit them in the NFL. But, I am definitely happy that we have only invested a 2nd round pick in acquiring Lock. That does help mitigate some of the risk associated with his development.
            I don't think there is a Paxton Lynch level of risk with Lock. Lock is smarter and his coaches/teammates rave about him. Lock's bad days should compare more to Cutler.

Comment

Ive been watching a bunch too. He is not ready this year. Not by a long shot. I am all for getting him some reps just because he needs them, but really, for the longterm of he and of us. He does not see the field this year. Flacco plays well enough for drew to learn and fix his mistakes of throwing off back foot, not setting his feet and dealing with pressure, also reading the defense better. He needs a lot of work in those departments.

I still cannot wait to see him in preseason and do think he can be our future. He could end up being really really good! oR he could end up being a cutler. Not consistent and drives you crazy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
                  Who cares because it doesnt mean anything when playing football. It's like a long drive golfer that cant break 90 but hits the ball 450 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Who cares because it doesnt mean anything when playing football. It's like a long drive golfer that cant break 90 but hits the ball 450 yards.
                    Lou Saban used to relate the story that shortly after he gave up two #1's for Steve Tensi in the late 1960s, Tensi hurt his arm messing around in practice by trying to see how far he could throw a football. Steve Tensi never was the same afterward.

Comment

Lock looks like a good potential 2nd rounder. Not the risk of a 1st rounder, good potential & talent. He needs to sit for a few years but you can tell already he is a notch above mentally & physically from where a Paxton Lynch was and we have a better plan in place for him.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        Ive been watching a bunch too. He is not ready this year. Not by a long shot. I am all for getting him some reps just because he needs them, but really, for the longterm of he and of us. He does not see the field this year. Flacco plays well enough for drew to learn and fix his mistakes of throwing off back foot, not setting his feet and dealing with pressure, also reading the defense better. He needs a lot of work in those departments.

I still cannot wait to see him in preseason and do think he can be our future. He could end up being really really good! oR he could end up being a cutler. Not consistent and drives you crazy.
                        Classic. Laughing at you guys claiming that you can truly analyze college QB "tapes". Guys that make millions doing this as their job, and watch more than the occasional highlights and youtube clips you guys are watching, don't have a clue. Let's not pretend you know any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

Classic. Laughing at you guys claiming that you can truly analyze college QB "tapes". Guys that make millions doing this as their job, and watch more than the occasional highlights and youtube clips you guys are watching, don't have a clue. Let's not pretend you know any better.

I never made that claim. So I guess I return the laughing you are doing at you, for laughing at something I never said.

Having said that however, you can watch all of his games on youtube. I haven't been looking at the all 22 because I do not care. But you are a fool if you think you can not tell that dude has footwork problems, that he wont have as much time behind our line, that he throws off his backfoot too much and is not consistent. Anyone with one single eye ball can see this.

If you think differently, I would love to get your counter opinion on the matter. If you think anything I said is not correct, I too would love to get your opinion on that too.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                            Lock looks like a good potential 2nd rounder. Not the risk of a 1st rounder, good potential & talent. He needs to sit for a few years but you can tell already he is a notch above mentally & physically from where a Paxton Lynch was and we have a better plan in place for him.
                            I'm not sure I buy the "sit for a few years" narrative because it just doesn't make sense in the modern NFL. You can be a young player and have success in the league. I do think he needs to take his lumps and see if he can figure it out. There seem to be 2 ways to win in the NFL. Have a good QB on a cheap contract and fill out the rest of the roster, or have a hall of fame QB. If Drew Lock sits and then turns out to be good, then our window is much smaller before we have to pay him.

Comment

Difference being is I don't have much faith that spread offense QB's will come in and play at a moderate to high level in the NFL. Think the jump is too big. There are certain offenses that consistently win in the NFL and it's more old school than it is new school IMO. Learn to play under center, have WR's run a route tree, go through progressions. Big difference from what they see in college.

Flacco is signed for 2 years on a relatively cheap contract. Lock is signed for 4 years plus RFA on a cheap contract. We are good for the short to medium period of time paying marginal money to the position. Flacco is making $18M, Keesum was making $14M.

Comment

Working...
                              X