Denver Broncos Announce All Time Top 100 Broncos List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos Announce All Time Top 100 Broncos List

See official team site link here for the full alphabetical list of all 100 selected Broncos players: https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/broncos100/

I understand the sympathy for Darrent Williams and his tragic death, but he is not one of the top 100 Broncos of all time. Matt Prater scored 682 points for the Broncos and he's not on the list. The underrated hero of that 2011 season. Julius Thomas is on the list with 1,282 yards and 24 touchdowns as a Bronco, but Eric Decker is not on the list despite 3,071 yards and 33 touchdows as a Bronco.

Comment

I don't think there should be more than like, 2-3 players max from the 1960s. Those teams sucked, sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        I understand the sympathy for Darrent Williams and his tragic death, but he is not one of the top 100 Broncos of all time. Matt Prater scored 682 points for the Broncos and he's not on the list. The underrated hero of that 2011 season. Julius Thomas is on the list with 1,282 yards and 24 touchdowns as a Bronco, but Eric Decker is not on the list despite 3,071 yards and 33 touchdows as a Bronco.
        He was an excellent player, and should be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          yeah, they probably had a slow week and some guy made up a quick list for a new item for the site. Or Because a true top 100 Bronco wouldn't trip over grass blades and painted lines.

Comment

No Bradley van Pelt? No Gary Kubiak? geez, tough crowd.

Comment

No Tebow!

Comment

Louis Vasquez?

Comment

Frank Tripucka 51 TDs 85 Ints? I remember checking the stats of all the bronco qbs for Keesum Int streak and I think this guy was the leader besides Manning bad year.

Comment

I do not have a problem with the list. Nearly every Bronco I thought should be included was on it.

Comment

They didn’t even get the years played correct for the all the players on the list. It shows Al Wilson as 2004-2012...lol. He was Denver’s first round pick in 1999 and played through 2006.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by broncolife View Post
                        Frank Tripucka 51 TDs 85 Ints? I remember checking the stats of all the bronco qbs for Keesum Int streak and I think this guy was the leader besides Manning bad year.
                        I knew Tripucka would be on the list, especially with Jim Saccomano and Andrew Mason working on it. It's more of a PR move because it would be weird to retire a jersey number for a player and not even have him as one of the top 100 players in franchise history. The problem is that the Broncos wrongfully retired a jersey number for someone who was not a very good player and had a short career with the team, but now they must deal with it and pretend Tripucka is one of the top players.

Ben Hamilton is not on the list despite spending 9 seasons with the Broncos and being a key member of the OL for the first decade of the 2000's.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychadelicWarlord View Post

He was an excellent player, and should be considered.
                          I am sorry, Darrent in no way was an excellent player. He was a decent player and a very good person. He should not be on the list. Glynn Milburn - no (I would have put Willhite over him if he qualified). Tripucka - no. A number of the 60s players were good and deserving, not all. A bad team should not be a decision maker for an individual. There were a number of good players from the 70s and 80s left off, can't fully assess that now but recent and diminishing memories always seem to favor recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                            No Bradley van Pelt? No Gary Kubiak? geez, tough crowd.
                            Got to give Steve Sewell an honorable mention

Comment

I agree with DSmoot on DWil. He was beloved, his death was tragic and he was a good young corner, especially for his diminutive size, but this is clearly a case where we're letting emotion influence an evaluation.

Comment

Working...
                              X