2019-2020 General NHL Hockey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-2020 General NHL Hockey Thread

New thread for the new league year starting today.

As for the Avs outlook, I'll use an old quote from the late Bum Phillips...

"Last year (2018 for Avs) we knocked on the door. This year (2019) we beat on it. Next year (2020) we're going to kick the son of a bitch in!"
    Last edited by Bronc62; 07-01-2019, 06:34 AM.

It would be nice if the Avs could add a few impact pieces but it doesn't look like that will happen. More younger, faster depth than anything else and maybe that's ok. We will have a bunch of players to pay over the next few years.

I would love to see us land somebody who can impact face-offs and help control the puck better.

Tyson Barrie situation is a curious one regarding a trade and what we might be able to get back.

Comment

Sounds like Donski is ours at 3.5 per

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
        Sounds like Donski is ours at 3.5 per
        Great signing. Can float through numerous lines and is another lightning fast player. Really good depth which was much needed for COL.

Comment

Right handed shot too! Since we have like 3 on the roster.

Comment

Barrie + Kerfoot + 6th
            for
            Kadri + Rosen + 3rd + 50% Barrie Salary Retained

Finally a 2C! And one that is better in the FO circle. IMO Leafs could have been fleeced harder given that they need to clear space to be able to sign Marner. Barrie wasnt going to be resigned after this year so some value there. Kerfoot essentially traded for a young D. Glad Avs didnt have to pay that $4M overpayment.

This probably also means that Byram starts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot View Post
              Barrie + Kerfoot + 6th
              for
              Kadri + Rosen + 3rd + 50% Barrie Salary Retained

Finally a 2C! And one that is better in the FO circle. IMO Leafs could have been fleeced harder given that they need to clear space to be able to sign Marner. Barrie wasnt going to be resigned after this year so some value there. Kerfoot essentially traded for a young D. Glad Avs didnt have to pay that $4M overpayment.

This probably also means that Byram starts this year.
              I like it. I like it a lot. The extra 3rd rounder is icing on the cake cause they lost one in the Burakovsky trade. So recouping that pick is huge. Kadri is dirty. He's a really good player too! ; )
              COL needed some dirty. I was hoping they would do an offer sheet for Tkachuk but the trade is solid. Kadri scored 30 goals for numerous seasons prior to last year.

Comment

Some saying he’s dirty while a lot of leaf fans, love him. say he was the heart and soul of the team.

he got suspended the past two playoffs for wicked hits. What isn’t known is the bruins were going after another leafs player and one of the shots was in retaliation to a cheap shot.

goal scoring, grit, a little nastiness is a good thing for this team. Reminds me of the broncos getting Romonowski. Wasn’t a sexy pickup but that attitude helped take the defense over the top and win some Super Bowls.

Comment

Avs have been highly skilled while lacking grit for some time now. This will help us push through to the next level.

Comment

I think the Avs offseason is basically done:

New faces: Kadri, Donskoi, Burakovsky, Bellemare, Rosen, Connauton
                    Out the door: Barrie, Soderberg, Kerfoot, Nemeth, Brassard, Borque

Outside of losing Barrie and Soderberg to a degree, the players I yell at every game are out the door.

Comment

I think the Avs offseason is basically done:

New faces: Kadri, Donskoi, Burakovsky, Bellemare, Rosen, Connauton
                      Out the door: Barrie, Soderberg, Kerfoot, Nemeth, Brassard, Borque

Outside of losing Barrie and Soderberg to a degree, the players I yell at every game are out the door.
                      They are a better team today than at the start of the off-season. That's all you can ask for. Gonna be fun to watch the development next season.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

They are a better team today than at the start of the off-season. That's all you can ask for. Gonna be fun to watch the development next season.
                        Completely agree. Factor in the draft and the idea that Byram might make the big club this year and you have to score this offseason with really high marks. A- in my book.

Comment

Completely agree. Factor in the draft and the idea that Byram might make the big club this year and you have to score this offseason with really high marks. A- in my book.
                          It's been awhile since I have been completely happy with the Avs and their moves. The future is bright.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

It's been awhile since I have been completely happy with the Avs and their moves. The future is bright.
                            Aside from the moves in and out, I'm already excited to see Makar, Jost and Girard continue improving. Jost in particular - the guy has a ton of talent if he can put it together, as he seemed to finally be doing in the playoffs. Heck, even Rantanen is only turning 23 in October, still room for growth in his game, too. A bright future indeed if these guys keep going forward and can avoid the injuries.

Comment

Speaking of Rantanen, we need to lock him up long term. That would put the bow on top of this offseason for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X