• Show
Clear All

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    I would love to see the Bills win a superbowl before I die,
    the Vikings too.

JIM Kelly and fran tarkenton

bud grant and marv levy.

I would imagine many bronco fans older than 40 would feel the same.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    Granted, this is just perception, but Josh Allen doesn't pass the eye test for me. Not to say he won't, but I feel like his team gets by on defense and some smoke and mirrors. He makes some throws, but I question his long term prospects.
    I felt the same when watching his college tape leading up to the 2018 Draft. Even his highlight reels largely consisted of him always running around in the pocket off-script before heaving it downfield after the coverage broke down. I remember thinking there wasn't a lot of footage of him taking a snap, making a quick read, then throwing a strike. That was worrying to me.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

if you consider jake plummer a superstar.
    I ****ing loved Jake! But Allen right now (year 2, week 14) already has a better season put together than Plummer ever did.
    Last edited by jmz313; 12-10-2019, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
    Josh Allen is good. Ironically, with all his tangibles, his intangibles are what makes him good. He still needs some work but he's going to be a Superstar.
    if you consider jake plummer a superstar.

Leave a comment:

• B-Large
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    Granted, this is just perception, but Josh Allen doesn't pass the eye test for me. Not to say he won't, but I feel like his team gets by on defense and some smoke and mirrors. He makes some throws, but I question his long term prospects.
    Add to that way less talent around him than Flacco/ Allen/ Lock had... Josh Allen is in a good bad/ bad game cycle... he needs to be more consistent, but I can see your eye test point.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Josh Allen is good. Ironically, with all his tangibles, his intangibles are what makes him good. He still needs some work but he's going to be a Superstar.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• B-Large
    replied
    Originally posted by v2micca View Post

I think it is a bleed over from Baseball were for over a century the .300 batting average was considered the threshold for greatness. But, I agree, feels like an arbitrary cutoff point. I'm more impressed by the fact that he completed over 80% of his passes while averaging more than 10 yards per attempt. That's elite level stuff right there.
    That makes sense- over on the Bills message board posters are often obsessed with Allen’s sub 300 yard games... it really is the strangest metric or evidence of a lack of critical thinking.

yep, that’s impressive stat there.... kid really could be special... time will tell...

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    JA does not have designed runs or an offense that accentuates his running skill.
    LJ the team is all in, big difference.
    LJ is a far more accurate PASSER than JA too.
    teams like the texans, cheifs and bills need to figure it out
    the RAVENS ACCENTUATE and encourage their QB to RUN, run to win !

the chargers benched a potential MVP for a mal-content.
    NFL teams never fail to demonstrate a high degree of stoopidity, even amongst all their brilliance.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

LJ cannot be compared to anything.

Why would an offense fit more passing when they are succeeding in averaging over 200 yards rushing 200 yards passing per game? They are over 400 yards per clip resulting in 33 points per game.

do people actually think Lamar cannot pass? I’m convinced a lot here hasn’t even seen one Ravens game this year. It’s like some think he’s running because he can’t pass.
    I definitely agree. But, to be fair to Josh Allen, he's also a bit unconventional. He's on pace to rush for 540 yards and 10 TD's. He's just not nearly as unconventional as LJ.

Leave a comment:

• winstoncup bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Id watch Russell Wilson a 100 times over before I’d watch Brady.
    I'd be happy to watch or have either on my team. Both are guys that can beat you with their QB skills. Wilson doesn't run by design much, if at all, and Brady has always been a statue.

They developed into great QB's, and not by running with the ball 10+ times a game.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post

You beat me to it. I was going to say, for those discounting Allen for not having any 300 yard passing games, everyone is crowning LJ and he has only one.
    LJ cannot be compared to anything.

Why would an offense fit more passing when they are succeeding in averaging over 200 yards rushing 200 yards passing per game? They are over 400 yards per clip resulting in 33 points per game.

do people actually think Lamar cannot pass? I’m convinced a lot here hasn’t even seen one Ravens game this year. It’s like some think he’s running because he can’t pass.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post

I love the college game. Wayyyyy more exciting than the NFL.

But college is college. I don't find guys playing QB in the NFL who run as many times as they complete passes as anything great.

Id watch Russell Wilson a 100 times over before I’d watch Brady.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post

You beat me to it. I was going to say, for those discounting Allen for not having any 300 yard passing games, everyone is crowning LJ and he has only one.
    like I said, worthless stat. what were his 3 cone drill numbers ?

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post

Number of career 300 yard passing games:

Josh Allen + Lamar Jackson = 1

Drew Lock = 1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X