Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josh Allen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post

    Jackson is more talented than RGIII - and MUCH more talented than Cam Newton. Don't listen to me, listen to Michael Vick. I agree with his assessment of Jackson.

    Lamar might not have a long career - due to injury. But he is meteoric and plenty talented enough to reach the SB - and to win.

    Witness what he did to the Pats a week ago who supposedly were a top defense but could not stop Baltimore's pass/run option. Executed well -- how do you stop it?
    very good post and I agree with your talent assesment.
    How do you stop the "2-way" QB, one who can beat you running or throwing?
    change the role of " SPY " to "ASSASIN " !!!
    a designated defensive player (not always the same each play) who not only shadows the QB but also attacks him from a linebacker position, though not nesssisarily a linebacker.
    I have always said,
    "attack the pass at the point of origin"
    hit the QB !

    Comment


    • "keep hi, in the pocket"
      flush him out of the pocket"

      defenses always talk about one or the other, how about,
      "hit the son of a bytch "

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

        Not really. I'm still glad they passed on him and I'm assuming most of us are. Lamar Jackson not getting a fair shake from Elway as a prospect is far more unforgivable.
        so many shoulda, woulda, couldas,
        for elway and 25 other GMs !

        ELWAYS failure is obviously doing little more than measuring a QBs height and making a decision based primarily on height, with ZERO consideration of HEART !
        thats how he came to pass on GAMERS like wilson, jackson while selecting "mamas boys" like Oz and Pax !

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

          so many shoulda, woulda, couldas,
          for elway and 25 other GMs !

          ELWAYS failure is obviously doing little more than measuring a QBs height and making a decision based primarily on height, with ZERO consideration of HEART !
          thats how he came to pass on GAMERS like wilson, jackson while selecting "mamas boys" like Oz and Pax !
          I’m sorry but he was passed by just about everybody.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post

            I’m sorry but he was passed by just about everybody.
            kinda the point I was making !
            brady 6th round
            warner UNDRAFTED !
            crap shoot clown show known as the draft.

            Comment


            • Josh just missed a lay-up to a wide open guy with a clean pocket on 4th down.

              Yeah, no.

              Comment


              • I’m not sure what Elway didn’t see

                Allen is playing QB under center prbly more than any young QB exactly what Elway wanted

                can move , run to offset his learning curve and still produce TDs and his accuracy is better than college

                big miss in my opinion

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CEH View Post
                  I’m not sure what Elway didn’t see

                  Allen is playing QB under center prbly more than any young QB exactly what Elway wanted

                  can move , run to offset his learning curve and still produce TDs and his accuracy is better than college

                  big miss in my opinion
                  Over Chubb? We can make that evaluation after year 4-5.

                  The opportunity cost with Allen is huge. If we had Allen right now still wouldn’t be feeling great about having a guaranteed franchise QB.

                  Would honestly rather have Lock + Chubb over Allen.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Action View Post

                    Over Chubb? We can make that evaluation after year 4-5.

                    The opportunity cost with Allen is huge. If we had Allen right now still wouldn’t be feeling great about having a guaranteed franchise QB.

                    Would honestly rather have Lock + Chubb over Allen.
                    Allen + Barrett and
                    16 TDs to 7 INts and 3 fumbles lost
                    add in a player like C Eric McCoy and yeah I’d feel pretty good right now.
                    6-3 would be leading the AFCW right now

                    i liked Allen coming out . If Lock is as good as Allen can’t complain but cant tell yet
                    Last edited by CEH; 11-10-2019, 05:47 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CEH View Post
                      I’m not sure what Elway didn’t see

                      Allen is playing QB under center prbly more than any young QB exactly what Elway wanted

                      can move , run to offset his learning curve and still produce TDs and his accuracy is better than college

                      big miss in my opinion
                      Elway would have been heavily criticized for using the #5 overall pick on Allen. 50% passer, went 23-of-40, 174 yards, 2 INT vs Iowa, 9-of-24, 64 yards, INT vs Oregon, finished behind Nick Stevens [First Team] and Brett Rypien [Second Team] in the 2017 Mountain West season, but tall, mobile with a rocket arm. He still has the accuracy issues and relies a lot on running. His numbers are not very good. It would have fueled even more the notion that Elway can't find a QB, with the aggravation of moving from 2016 1st-rd pick Paxton Lynch to take an inconsistent passer at #5 in 2018. Mike Klis wrote that the Broncos front office feared Allen was too similar to Lynch and I can't blame them for feeling that way during that time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

                        Elway would have been heavily criticized for using the #5 overall pick on Allen. 50% passer, went 23-of-40, 174 yards, 2 INT vs Iowa, 9-of-24, 64 yards, INT vs Oregon, finished behind Nick Stevens [First Team] and Brett Rypien [Second Team] in the 2017 Mountain West season, but tall, mobile with a rocket arm. He still has the accuracy issues and relies a lot on running. His numbers are not very good. It would have fueled even more the notion that Elway can't find a QB, with the aggravation of moving from 2016 1st-rd pick Paxton Lynch to take an inconsistent passer at #5 in 2018. Mike Klis wrote that the Broncos front office feared Allen was too similar to Lynch and I can't blame them for feeling that way during that time.
                        Lol you’re quite the cherry picker.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CEH View Post

                          Allen + Barrett and
                          18 TDs to 8 ints
                          add in a player like C Eric McCoy and yeah I’d feel pretty good right now.
                          6-3 would be leading the AFCW right now

                          i liked Allen coming out . If Lock is as good as Allen can’t complain but cant tell yet
                          Interesting that you include rush TDs but not fumbles lost.

                          Comment


                          • Not crazy about a guy who averages 1.5 turnovers per game for a team whose strength is its defense/run game combo. Not being able to hit the broad side of a barn consistently is also a problem.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                              Not crazy about a guy who averages 1.5 turnovers per game for a team whose strength is its defense/run game combo. Not being able to hit the broad side of a barn consistently is also a problem.
                              You obviously got a bias against Josh Allen. He’s completing over 60% of his passes.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

                                You obviously got a bias against Josh Allen. He’s completing over 60% of his passes.
                                No he isn't. He completes 59.9%, which you can call 60, but not over 60. He's also ranked 30th in passer rating, 31st in QBR, 32nd in Comp %, 25th in Passing YPG, 28th in YPA, and has a higher INT ratio than Flacco, Keenum, Dalton, Triubisky, and other QB's with less experience.

                                He's shown moderate improvement, but seeing as how he is still performing similar or worse than our last 2 QB's that everyone has hated. It's likely best for everyone that he isn't a Bronco.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X