No announcement yet.

Josh Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until I troll everyone in 3 years when I bump this thread.. Chubb is the new foundation of our defense. Yes we still have Von, and I hope he'll spend his whole career here. But with Fangio, Chub and Von on defense, we can focus on building around Drew Lock and Phillip Lindsay. These two will be the key to carrying our team in the future.

Josh Allen is the new Ben Roethlisberger... Even at his prime, i'd rather have what we have in Chubb/Von under Fangio, than I would Big Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
      I can't wait until I troll everyone in 3 years when I bump this thread.. Chubb is the new foundation of our defense. Yes we still have Von, and I hope he'll spend his whole career here. But with Fangio, Chub and Von on defense, we can focus on building around Drew Lock and Phillip Lindsay. These two will be the key to carrying our team in the future.

Josh Allen is the new Ben Roethlisberger... Even at his prime, i'd rather have what we have in Chubb/Von under Fangio, than I would Big Ben.
      This is so 90's Chiefs fan.....this is what happens when you don't have a legit QB....you talk up the pass rushing tandem on your......(checks notes)......22nd ranked D from a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

This is so 90's Chiefs fan.....this is what happens when you don't have a legit QB....you talk up the pass rushing tandem on your......(checks notes)......22nd ranked D from a year ago.
        Thankfully we’ve won three super bowls from the 90’s to now. It helps mute out the droning of delusional Queef fans.

Comment

Allen looks to have taken some real strides....he's looked pretty good so far.....albeit, against a couple of bad teams.......I should have inclused Lamar Jackson in this too...In 2018, Denver could have had Allen, or Jackson instead of Chubb. Could have traded back and still landed Jackson.

Chubb is being schemed out of his sacks.

Going back to 2018, you could have fired VJ, hired an actual offensive minded coach, and drafted a franchise QB. Elway punted on that idea.

Comment

Allen looks to have taken some real strides....he's looked pretty good so far.....albeit, against a couple of bad teams.......I should have inclused Lamar Jackson in this too...In 2018, Denver could have had Allen, or Jackson instead of Chubb. Could have traded back and still landed Jackson.

Chubb is being schemed out of his sacks.

Going back to 2018, you could have fired VJ, hired an actual offensive minded coach, and drafted a franchise QB. Elway punted on that idea.
            He's got great upside and has really embraced that team and city.... If he can evolve into a consistent pocket passer, the NFL could be really fun to watch with guys like Allen and Mahommes slinging the ball all over the field...

Comment

I love Allen trolling the media by continually reminding them there is only 1 NY team. I'm happy for the Bills since my wife is a fan from growing up there. The city loves their Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                I love Allen trolling the media by continually reminding them there is only 1 NY team. I'm happy for the Bills since my wife is a fan from growing up there. The city loves their Bills.
                where did she grow up? grew up a Bills fan, Josh Allen will become a god if they make the playoffs for a few seasons....

Comment

Just checking in to see if anyones mind has changed or has any thoughts about this to add etc.

On a per game basis, Allen has been similar to Flacco.....with the exception of mobility....Allen can run and avoid sacks. This is only 2019 Season to date. Allen and the Bills have played 5 total games compared to Broncos 7...so keep that in mind here.
                  Totals
                  ........................................G. Rec. att ..comp. %..... Yds TD QBR Lng INT.........YPA...................... rush yds TD
                  Josh Allen 2019 2019 5 4-1-0 102 163 62.6 1122 5 75.2 51 7 13 76 6.9 5.56 5.94 4.72 41 158 3 3.9 15
                  Joe Flacco 2019 2019 7 2-5-0 151 230 65.7 1648 6 86.3 70 5 23 186 7.2 6.71 5.78 5.36 11 11 0 1.0 6
                  Per Game
                  Josh Allen 2019 2019 20.4 32.6 224.4 1.0 1.4 2.6 15.2 8.2 31.6 0.6
                  Joe Flacco 2019 2019 21.6 32.9 235.4 0.9 0.7 3.3 26.6 1.6 1.6 0.0

Comment

Changed in what sense? As in should we have drafted him with #5 pick? Not so much since he still sucks as a passer. Would I rather have him than Flacco in a vacuum? Absolutely.

Comment

Allen still does suck as a passer....but he's young and has at least taken a stop in the right direction.....and he can at least run (for now)

I suspect that if Lock gets a chance at some point and sucks, if there aren't a few who will look back and think passing Allen was a missed opertunity.

That also depends I guess, on what happens going forward should Lock suck and you draft someone. Having Chubb plus GOOD QBOTF would be > than Allen at this point.

Comment

Allen still does suck as a passer....but he's young and has at least taken a stop in the right direction.....and he can at least run (for now)

I suspect that if Lock gets a chance at some point and sucks, if there aren't a few who will look back and think passing Allen was a missed opertunity.

That also depends I guess, on what happens going forward should Lock suck and you draft someone. Having Chubb plus GOOD QBOTF would be > than Allen at this point.
                        He’s been a great scrambler and improviser, but we see what happens to QBs who do that too much in this league... he’ll have to show he can pass consistently especially interimediate distance before a true determination can be made.

Comment

I’ve never believed in Allen as a passer, and so far I haven’t seen any sign he’ll ever be very good at it. Of the QBs we could’ve had but passed on or didn’t trade up for, he’s pretty low on the list for me.

Comment

Gary, whatever angle your attempting here isn't working.
                            You should probably just go back to telling us information about your personal life.
                            Like this Allen infatuation, it was pathetic and sad, but at least you were entertaining to the Mane.

Comment

Allen is really fun to watch because most of us only see the big plays on Red Zone or in highlights, we don't see the other 80% of the game where he can't hit the broad side of a barn. I hope he does well and like him, but I'm not betting on him ever becoming a true franchise QB.

Lamar Jackson is the more interesting player at this point, but Elway would have never taken him.

Comment

9-1 when he doesn’t a throw a pick, 62% CP... that a pretty nice snapshot with less than a season with of games started.

Bills defense is darn good and gets turnovers... so there’s that in there i guess...

Comment

Working...
                                X