Josh Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

I think it is a bleed over from Baseball were for over a century the .300 batting average was considered the threshold for greatness. But, I agree, feels like an arbitrary cutoff point. I'm more impressed by the fact that he completed over 80% of his passes while averaging more than 10 yards per attempt. That's elite level stuff right there.
    That makes sense- over on the Bills message board posters are often obsessed with Allen’s sub 300 yard games... it really is the strangest metric or evidence of a lack of critical thinking.

yep, that’s impressive stat there.... kid really could be special... time will tell...

Comment

• Granted, this is just perception, but Josh Allen doesn't pass the eye test for me. Not to say he won't, but I feel like his team gets by on defense and some smoke and mirrors. He makes some throws, but I question his long term prospects.

Comment

• Josh Allen is good. Ironically, with all his tangibles, his intangibles are what makes him good. He still needs some work but he's going to be a Superstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          Granted, this is just perception, but Josh Allen doesn't pass the eye test for me. Not to say he won't, but I feel like his team gets by on defense and some smoke and mirrors. He makes some throws, but I question his long term prospects.
          Add to that way less talent around him than Flacco/ Allen/ Lock had... Josh Allen is in a good bad/ bad game cycle... he needs to be more consistent, but I can see your eye test point.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
            Josh Allen is good. Ironically, with all his tangibles, his intangibles are what makes him good. He still needs some work but he's going to be a Superstar.
            if you consider jake plummer a superstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

if you consider jake plummer a superstar.
              I ****ing loved Jake! But Allen right now (year 2, week 14) already has a better season put together than Plummer ever did.
              Last edited by jmz313; 12-10-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                Granted, this is just perception, but Josh Allen doesn't pass the eye test for me. Not to say he won't, but I feel like his team gets by on defense and some smoke and mirrors. He makes some throws, but I question his long term prospects.
                I felt the same when watching his college tape leading up to the 2018 Draft. Even his highlight reels largely consisted of him always running around in the pocket off-script before heaving it downfield after the coverage broke down. I remember thinking there wasn't a lot of footage of him taking a snap, making a quick read, then throwing a strike. That was worrying to me.

Comment

• I would love to see the Bills win a superbowl before I die,
                  the Vikings too.

JIM Kelly and fran tarkenton

bud grant and marv levy.

I would imagine many bronco fans older than 40 would feel the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X