Josh Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

John Elway? Jim Kelly? Brett Farve? Party Animal doesnt matter. Allen showed some good stuff last year but he has a long way to go. Barring injury Chubb is going to play awhile.
    Kelly went to the USFL, Favre was trade after a year of a coke bender. Elway turned his act around immediately. Chad Kelly made all of them seem like choir boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post

The stupid Mr. Irrelevant argument again. Kelly had all the physical goods but he's a party animal. It was that simple, you can't depend on a party animal. Same thing happened with BVP back in the day. He turned it around but lost the valuable growing period and never amounted to anything.
      Kelly was a minimal investment. The fact that Kelly was a party animal with mental issues is exactly why he was Mr. Irrelevant despite all the physical goods. There was "buyer beware" all over him - and the injured wrist. Elway would not have passed on Darnold, Mayfield or any other QB with a top-5 grade because of Kelly, who could not be trusted, or Lynch, who was on his way out after two seasons dedicated to Xbox.

Elway passed on Josh Allen and Josh Rosen simply because the Broncos did not like them enough. I don't think it had anything to do with Kelly or Lynch's presence on the roster. Kelly was just a roll of the dice, with the final pick of the draft, because of his physical goods.

Comment

Chubb, he was the better talent and immediate impact guy, we were very luck to get him. Now that may change, but as it looks right now thumbs up to Broncos FO.

I do think Allen could develop into a higher end QB- but it will take a ton of personal work, and as I have always said QB success in Buffalo has been more about the organization than the player... that appears to be changing, I hope they finally get is right in Western NY.

Comment

Drew Lock is basically a less athletic Josh Allen.

both strong arms, poor accuracy

Comment

Chubb and Lock thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post
              Tyreek Hill is basically a less athletic OJ.

Both strong arms, poor judgement regarding hurting women & children.
              FYP.

Comment

I don’t get the thread. Are we supposed to be mad that broncos took Chubb instead of Allen cause OTA fluff? Chubb all day over Allen

Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post
                  Drew Lock is basically a less athletic Josh Allen.

both strong arms, poor accuracy
                  Lock had different OCs in college and he still improved each year. He passes all of the Bill Parcels credentials for drafting a QB in the first round. There's no way that the Broncos did not come out ahead by passing on Allen and drafting Chubb, and then obtaining Lock in the second round. Even if Lock doesn't pan out, it was still the right moves. As for Allen, the only way the Broncos regret not taking him is if Allen has a fantastic year ala your boy Mahomes did this past season.

Comment

I liked Josh Allen more than most on here, but the Broncos absolutely did the right thing by drafting Chubb. I think #5 was too high to draft Allen, especially, with the Broncos’ highest rated defensive player still being there.

Allen has undeniable arm talent and his accuracy issues are a bit exaggerated. I watched nearly every game he played at Wyoming and he did not have much help at OL or WR. From what I saw last season, Buffalo also had problems at OL and WR. A few of his passes were terrible, but show me a rookie quarterback who does not have a few of those his first year starting.

It will be interesting to see if Allen improves. With better receiving talent, I believe he will. In Chubb, I think the Broncos struck gold. He’s the type of player that can be scary good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      I don’t get the thread. Are we supposed to be mad that broncos took Chubb instead of Allen cause OTA fluff? Chubb all day over Allen

Lmao.
                      No, this is a Queefs clown lame attempt to label Lock another Allen.
                      Thats all. Just more Queef fan's inferiority complex's on display for all to see.
                      Gary bored on the security night shift job at the public library again. Poor ZeroSuperBowls Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post

Kelly went to the USFL, Favre was trade after a year of a coke bender. Elway turned his act around immediately. Chad Kelly made all of them seem like choir boys.
                        All 3 of them partied during their careers. Why would Kelly going to USFL mean he quit being a party boy? I get what you mean though you can't count on a drug addict like Chad Kelly.

Comment

As another pointed out in this thread. Josh Allen gave the coaching staff too many flashbacks to evaluating Paxton Lynch. I strongly suspect that if the Broncos had not panicked and reached for Lynch in the 2016 Draft, we would likely have taken Josh Allen in 2018.

History will be the eventual judge, but we may end up owing Lynch for burning the front office so badly they refused to entertain similar QBs in the first round there after.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                            As another pointed out in this thread. Josh Allen gave the coaching staff too many flashbacks to evaluating Paxton Lynch. I strongly suspect that if the Broncos had not panicked and reached for Lynch in the 2016 Draft, we would likely have taken Josh Allen in 2018.

History will be the eventual judge, but we may end up owing Lynch for burning the front office so badly they refused to entertain similar QBs in the first round there after.
                            If you are right, we may end up thanking Elway for reaching in 2016...

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post

If you are right, we may end up thanking Elway for reaching in 2016...
                              But if they don't take Lunch, they likely draft Dak Prescott (if they overlook his missed plane episode) and then we are left with Dallas's scenario of having to decide if it is worth overpaying an average NFL QB because of the shortage of NFL QB talent. However, that means we still wouldn't draft Josh Allen (all the hypotheticals can make you go insane).

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp View Post
                                I'm the last person to call myself a master evaluator of QBs, but Allen was one of those prospects who really had me scared. Big enough arm to get scouts excited and generate some buzz but high flame-out potential when you factor in important things like smarts and accuracy. Did not think he would go to us t #5 anyway (even if Chubb hadn't slipped) but was still nervous about it heading into the draft, and relieved it played out the way it did.

Its really a crapshoot though - if we had drafted Allen I would be firmly in the 'too early to judge' camp and trying to be positive and hope for the best, because you never know (kind of what I'm doing currently with Flacco ;-) )

However i am pleased about the fact that we got a QB with first-round credentials in the second round this year. I feel that Lock is a better prospect overall than Allen and we had to give up a lot less to get him. Only downside that puts us 1 year further back in developing our QBOTF so we have to hope and pray that Flacco has at least one good year left in him....
                                I was fortunate to see Josh in person against a very good Boise State team in Laramie when he actually had some talent around him and in front of him. He was outstanding especially in crunch time, putting throws into unbelievably tight spots. However, most everyone on the Mane focused on his last college season when the situation was quite different. He was raw but you could still see the talent. We will see how he develops in Buffalo. Lock looks similar to him but Lock doesn't show us any more now than Allen did then. The question for both is how they progress between the ears and will the game slow down for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X