Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I took the first step. I'm proud of myself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took the first step. I'm proud of myself.

After 12 years of DTV basically only for NFL ticket I have told them to get bent. Going to try buying it on PS4 . Does anyone else do this ? Does it glitch ? Here's to hoping it's good. It just feels so weird.

I'm dumping NFL RedZone and Satellite TV altogether this year. Sick and tired of paying out the nose for hundreds of channels I don't watch and a sports package that only gets used 5 months out of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.10-307 View Post
      I'm dumping NFL RedZone and Satellite TV altogether this year. Sick and tired of paying out the nose for hundreds of channels I don't watch and a sports package that only gets used 5 months out of the year.
      Yep that is what finally got me. They jumped the price up to 184.00 a month. I watch like 7 channels and 5 of those are local. That adds up to 2200.00 a year. Had to be done.

Comment

Not me. If I invest thousands for a high quality TV I’m going to take full advantage of it.

X1 has fantastic internet and resolution for me. 3860 x 2160 for all channels instantly looks better than my old Comcast box I had at 1080p. Can stream anything along with great on demand. 180 a month for 3 TVs is easily worth it for TV and internet combined

Comment

You think about Hulu Live? I cut cable/dish out years ago, and I've always struggled finding ways to watch Broncos, but this last season I got Hulu Live. It was great. It's around 40 to 50 bucks (can't remember, I only use it during the season) a month.

Comment

I don't miss it. I streem everything now. My wife pays Youtube TV so she can watch her shows. I pay for the Netflix account; but not for much longer if the content doesn't improve.

Comment

Originally posted by steeledude View Post
              You think about Hulu Live? I cut cable/dish out years ago, and I've always struggled finding ways to watch Broncos, but this last season I got Hulu Live. It was great. It's around 40 to 50 bucks (can't remember, I only use it during the season) a month.
              Hulu live plays broncos games ?

Comment

Internet Connection + Reddit / Ability to Search Internet and you can have anything you fucking want.

Comment

Well NFL Network we have no more due to it being on AT&T U-Verse. So join the club.

Comment

Streaming only way to go.....welcome to free world!

Comment

I had comcast forever and finally told them to fuck off and went with DTV. Big mistake for a variety of reasons, main one being a free Redzone offer and not getting it for free. Went back to comcast and avoided our issue from before, primarily internet service. Now get Redzone for $5 a month and basic cable for 40. I'm happy with that.

Comment

I am grandfathered into the original DTV setup. When it first came out, this was before all the Fiber based products back when the last mile was COAX and HDMI was a gleam in some engineers eye, you were able to purchase Sunday ticket only but you did not get any other type of programming through the year which I was fine with. They changed it about a decade ago where if you wanted Sunday ticket you had to buy 12 months of programing in addition but they would "throw in Sunday Ticket for free" which cost way more for a product that would go out when ever it rained or snowed.

During the mCd years I called to cancel as the Broncos weren't worth paying $300 to watch at the time but the sales guy said 1) he never saw a set up like mine and 2) If I later decided to go back and purchase the Sunday Ticket I would have to buy 12 months of DTV programing. My wife would not go along with DTV's crappy reception so instead I got him to upgrade my box to HD and get me some discounts which ended up costing me more money each year after that because they can't make changes to my account other than disconnecting it. Living in Chicagoland and liking to watch the AFC West games as well as the Bronco games I decided to keep it.

Then DTV came out with some thing where you could stream it from some device, maybe it was a PS4 for places where you couldn't mount a dish but I can mount a dish and I didn't meet the requirements, this was some 4 years ago or maybe more.

I know since AT&T bought DTV they have been pushing it hard everytime I have a promotion run out and call in looking for a replacement promotion, the price is cheap but I had a friend who had DTV for years, he likes everything to be top of the line so I never figured out why he stuck with DTV for so long. He finally switched to X1 and is so much happier but he is a bear fan and gets all the bears games on local channels.

The sling thing seems like it could work if I could get one TV with the streamed Denver local channels and could watch the Broncos on that but I bet the NFL would black those out.

I am not a fan of streaming and I see all sorts of links on game day looking for streams or streams that don't freeze so I am not going back to that crap even if it would save me $300 a year.

I don't know how much Hulu costs but it would be nice if I again I could stream Denver live programing and not have to pay for Sunday Ticket but then I would lose the ability to watch the rest of the NFL games I have the ability to watch on ST.

We have UVerse, my father in-law was an AT&T lifer tech so we supported AT&T, plus UVerse was an early to market product. We bundled everything then he retired and then comcast took the lead on features and offerings so we are stuck with the crappy UVerse which also lost the NFL Network so now I don't know what I will do on Thursday night games, though Sirius gave me preimum when I reupped for the same price as basic so I can listen to it on an app on my cell and then on to my new Onkyo system but that is like back when I used to have to dial up and listen to the game on my modem and follow along on NFL.com which is still to this day sometimes a whole series of downs behind the action from time to time.

I wish the NFL would allow all AT&T users to buy ST no matter how their package gets into their home. I would be even happier if you could just be able to stream it to a game console or USB type streaming stick.

Until I know for sure I am not changing my config. You should still be able to get ST al a cart from DTV the way you were able when it first came out.at the very least.

Comment

#metoo. I cut the cord over the weekend for now. Going to try YouTube TV. I had 7 TVs in my house hooked up at one point and I'm down to 2 and the price when up 100 percent. I had enough of the ugly dish and people drilling holes in the wall.

Comment

I swear sometimes I feel like cutting the cord also. I pay $400 a month for TV + Internet. Granted, I have 2 separate Cox Gigablast lines. However, their policy is stupid. I need/want 1 Gigablast line for my business but my GF needs a totally separate line (not wifi) for her work. If you have 1 Gigablast line, you can't just get an additional normal high speed internet line as your second line, they force you to get an additional Gigablast line. Seriously messed up. On top of that, their damn internet and TV are constantly having issues and my GF needs to have stable connection so I ordered yet another separate line (fiber from Century Link). I've only had that for a month now and testing how reliable it is, then I will ditch one of the Gigablast lines. Still, that only brings me down to $350 a month. I definitely hate paying that much each month but I have alot of premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Sports Pkg, etc), Prime, Netflix. It all adds up man.

Comment

Has anyone found a service that allows you to rewind the games or watch a little delayed (to fast forward through commercials and halftime)? So far it looks like all the pay services are about 50 a month. It's that or watch a shitty rez image that blinks out constantly and has adware on the Reddit streams.

Comment

Working...
                              X