Finally had my Lumbar fusion last Tuesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally had my Lumbar fusion last Tuesday

Had it delayed a bunch of times because of different infections since the original date of 1/29 but they finally got me in. They warned me that they were afraid they couldn't control my post op back pain but that was fine, it was the left side where they cut me open and retracted everything to get to the back and take the disk out and put the cage in that hurts the most.

Getting around without a walker and able to do 2 flights of stairs, SLOWLY. Just trying to not do too much. They told me not to BLT, Bend, Lift, or Twist.

Now I can't wait to start PT and get back to walking fast enough to keep up with everyone. Will be nice to only have the cervical nerve damage to deal with instead of both.

Also not sure what they did to me but my dick turned black and blue and swelled up, now I am afraid it will turn yellow and shrivel up, I know both were unPC jokes but I have to laugh about something.

Peace.

Channel your inner Gene and stay strong. And the dick thing is from all the prostitutes. Just bad timing

Comment

Recover well buddy. I’m sure it’s a huge relief to get it over with. Just take it easy and you’ll be healed up! Good to hear

Comment

Awesome, Steve. Happy to hear it.

Comment

You can’t bend, lift, or twist, so you won’t be able to use your bruised member, anyway. : )

Kidding aside, I sincerely hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

Been there buddy. Be patient. It's going to take 8 months before you forget you had a fusion. Being pain free is worth it.

Comment

Start to finish..what an insanely long ordeal its been. Best of luck bro.

Comment

Good to hear so far so good
                Here’s to a speedy and successful post op
                , PT and a normal life

Comment

Get well fast!

Comment

What's a lumbar fusion ... one of the new Grand Slam breakfasts at Denny's?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
                      What's a lumbar fusion ... one of the new Grand Slam breakfasts at Denny's?
                      It's a spinal collum fusion of the lower back.
                      Similar to Manning's neck fusion but below the ribs.

And congratulations Steven, I wish you a fast and easy recovery.

Comment

Try SCE to AUX?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post
                          Try SCE to AUX?
                          Wow! That is digging deep! +10

And good luck Steve!

Comment

Sounds like your shriveling horn and infectious incidents may be linked...... who did you surgery? Back surgery is no joke, glad ti seems to be going well.

Comment

Did Dr Bronc perform the procedure? If so, perhaps he can explain the dick thing. Maybe he brought in some feisty nurses to "keep you company"?

Comment

Working...
                              X