Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how old was Champ Bailey when the bottom dropped out all at once ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how old was Champ Bailey when the bottom dropped out all at once ?

Just curious cause Chris Harris hits the big 30 this year.
    I wonder in general how many top notch years he has left ?

I think the end of his 12th season (2012 playoffs)?

Comment

It was the year Baltimore won the SB. Flacco beat Champ on a deep ball - a home run that won the game as I recall.

Comment

it happened so fast. one day you thought he'd play forever... the next...

didn't that bad mofo play with a torn achilles in the sb? **** the seahawks.

Comment

When Bailey didn't buy his stove knobs on Ebay. He went and paid full retail.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
            It was the year Baltimore won the SB. Flacco beat Champ on a deep ball - a home run that won the game as I recall.
            So 34 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
              Flacco beat our safety on that TD, lets hope he can pull some of that type of stuff for us now.

Comment

So is 34 right on Champs age when he went down hill ?

If so Chris Harris would have about 3 good years left after this one.

I hope he ends it with us.

Comment

Originally posted by 19Morton77 View Post
                  When Bailey didn't buy his stove knobs on Ebay. He went and paid full retail.
                  Get your story straight. I parted out a dehumidifier and paid for its replacement doing so.
                  Bailey didnt buy anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post

Flacco beat our safety on that TD, lets hope he can pull some of that type of stuff for us now.
                    On the fail Mary but Bailey was torched 2x for long TDs early in the game. The 10 pt swing that changed the game was the 15 handicap lay the sod over the ball FG miss by prater followed by Smith torching Bailey. 10 pt swing and game on.

Comment

His entire bottom dropped out in the biggest moment of his career. For me it forever alters how I remember his career.

If we had a HOF PB top 5 CB of all time at that moment we'd have a Lombardi and flacco would not be playing for us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post
                        So is 34 right on Champs age when he went down hill ?

If so Chris Harris would have about 3 good years left after this one.

I hope he ends it with us.
                        You can’t really compare them age wise.

Champ Bailey didn’t fall off a cliff from age. He fell off the cliff the exact moment of his Linsfranc injury. Age contributed, but injury accelerated the drop. One could argue age caused the injury? Not a very good arguement because of the type of injury. A lot of players never the same from that injury regardless of age. Mis-diagnosing it didn’t help

Harris IMO has 4 years of elite play left before a decline. If injury isn’t in the picture, it won’t be the same drop Champ had. That’s why I think it’s hard to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                          His entire bottom dropped out in the biggest moment of his career. For me it forever alters how I remember his career.

If we had a HOF PB top 5 CB of all time at that moment we'd have a Lombardi and flacco would not be playing for us this year.
                          I agree, baily's first 2 years with us were GREAT, then he just lived off his rep, while opposing QBs just ignored him.
                          EAST to do when CB only played on one side of the field and did NOT take on the opponents best receiver.
                          In his last 3 seasons when he was tested, he often fell down when his assignment went deep on a double move.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

You can’t really compare them age wise.

Champ Bailey didn’t fall off a cliff from age. He fell off the cliff the exact moment of his Linsfranc injury. Age contributed, but injury accelerated the drop. One could argue age caused the injury? Not a very good arguement because of the type of injury. A lot of players never the same from that injury regardless of age. Mis-diagnosing it didn’t help

Harris IMO has 4 years of elite play left before a decline. If injury isn’t in the picture, it won’t be the same drop Champ had. That’s why I think it’s hard to compare.
                            Then Harris will have more longevity than any cb in history except Darrell Green and a handful of guys that switched to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post

Then Harris will have more longevity than any cb in history except Darrell Green and a handful of guys that switched to safety.
                              Better add again.

From now until 2022(4 years) he will be 33. A young 33 in that 4th year.

This fanbase loves to age players. Terrance Newman played CB till 38. Guys like Tramon Williams and Jonathan Joseph played at a good clip at 33. Harris is a special player. Comparing him to a pool of CBs is just naive.
                              Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-01-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X