Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profootball Hall of Fame - Anyone been/going for Enshrinement Weekend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profootball Hall of Fame - Anyone been/going for Enshrinement Weekend?

I pulled the trigger and bought tickets to the HOF Enshrinement Weekend. Figured this was the best opportunity to go as a Broncos fan and get my fill of orange and blue. With the first preseason game of the year on August 1 and the enshrinement of Mr. B. and Champ on August 3rd, it seemed like the only time anyone would ever want to be in Ohio.

So, anyone from the Omane going in August?

Has anyone ever been to either the Profootball HOF or to Enshrinement Weekend? Anyone know anything at all about Canton/Akron/Cleveland and can give recommendations?

Thanks all!

No, I have not and can offer no help besides a review of Christie's Cabaret in Canton which I have been to. Girls were very average, drinks cheap and no cover since I was staying close by and had a hotel key to show. Would not recommend. Good luck with the HOF events and game.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
      No, I have not and can offer no help besides a review of Christie's Cabaret in Canton which I have been to. Girls were very average, drinks cheap and no cover since I was staying close by and had a hotel key to show. Would not recommend. Good luck with the HOF events and game.
      Priceless! I appreciate it.

Comment

they probably bring in better " TALENT " during HOF festivities.

Comment

I'll be there. I went to Elway's induction in '04, Zimmerman's in '08, and TD's in'17. I had to miss Floyd Little and Shannon Sharpe because of weddings.

I can't tell you much about the area because I was pretty focused on the inductions and visiting the hall. I went to the Hall of Fame Game in '08, but just because I was there anyway and it was like $20 a ticket. I figured I was never going to see a pro football game for that cheap so I may as well. The game prices have gone way up since then, so I didn't bother in '17 and I'm not going this year. It's a bummer to miss the Broncos playing, but I just can't justify spending real game prices on a preseason game.

The induction is a lot of fun if you're into history and ceremony type stuff. If not, you'll find it boring. It's just a series of speeches. The atmosphere is great. Nothing will be like Elway's, I'm sure, but there will certainly be a bunch of other Broncos fans. Even fans of other teams are good, though. Everybody there is basically celebrating football.

I like the Hall itself, and feel like any real fan of the game would appreciate it, at least once. You'll see it all in a day, so I wouldn't plan to be in there more than once. If you're not sure, have a second day clear to go in, but have a back up plan if you don't feel like you need to see anymore after day 1. There's some great artifacts of the game on display, and the bust room does a great job of honoring the guys who have been inducted.

Logistically, the first two times I went I stayed in local hotels. This time and the time before I used AirBnB. Parking was a complete disaster the first two times, but there is now parking at a fairground nearby for a reasonable price with an unlimited use shuttle provided for free.

One of the perks of being there is it's a gathering spot for NFL luminaries, so if you enjoy meeting people, there are people to meet if you keep your eyes open. In '08, Elway walked right past my seat and I was able to say hello. In '17, Steve Atwater and Gary Kubiak were milling around and I got to talk with them for awhile and get some pictures. Obviously, these encounters aren't guaranteed =P

These are just my impressions. Other people may have a different perspective, and your experience may be completely different, so I'm sorry in advance if anything I shared leads you to the wrong expectation. Either way, have fun! Go Broncos!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncosjf View Post
            I'll be there. I went to Elway's induction in '04, Zimmerman's in '08, and TD's in'17. I had to miss Floyd Little and Shannon Sharpe because of weddings.

I can't tell you much about the area because I was pretty focused on the inductions and visiting the hall. I went to the Hall of Fame Game in '08, but just because I was there anyway and it was like $20 a ticket. I figured I was never going to see a pro football game for that cheap so I may as well. The game prices have gone way up since then, so I didn't bother in '17 and I'm not going this year. It's a bummer to miss the Broncos playing, but I just can't justify spending real game prices on a preseason game.

Thank you so much for the info!

Biggest reason I am going, besides the obvious, is that it is only $100 (total) for game tickets, HOF enshrinement and a museum pass. I am paying out the rear for hotels, but otherwise feel like I am making out great to see something like this. If you change your mind, I would be happy to point you towards where I found my cheap combo pack on tickets. The HOF site was originally pushing me towards some really expensive options.

EDIT: I will post the link below, in case anyone else is looking. If you choose the combo option, it is a lot cheaper than buying the enshrinement and the HOF game separately. Again, we spent $100/person for tickets to both and HOF admission.

Link: https://mpv.tickets.com/schedule/?ag...end=2019-08-05

Comment

The 1st time we went was for Elways induction and we stayed in an oldfashioned BnB that was a distance away from Canton parking the day of was bad.

I went back for Floyd's and we stayed at a local motel 6 and it was awful, beds and sheets and blankets were ratty, it was depressing. You are better off camping than staying at one of those places.

My health is probably going to keep me away from this years event, I don't really have a desire to go back again, maybe if my son wants to go see Manning or Von get in.

I missed the parade both times and wished I made more of an effort to figure out where it was and see it. When we went for Floyd I was in so much pain we just got there early for a good parking spot and sat in the trees to the west of the stadium. I met Steve Atwater there when Elway went in but no one that time.

Nothing will ever top John's induction.

Comment

Working...
              X