Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Season Predictions Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by broncogary View Post

    Brock Osweiler.
    Brock was actually a good athlete.

    Comment


    • #32
      7-9

      Comment


      • #33
        10 - 6

        Comment


        • #34
          9-7. Who knows if we can sneak into a wildcard spot or miss. It's hard enough to guess our record without guessing the number of wins it will take to make/miss playoffs. I like our DL and outside backers for the most part. Not happy with our ILB's and secondary could be decent if a few guys step up. I think our running game will be top 5 honestly, I really do. That will take some pressure off of Flacco and I think he'll end up being average, which is better than what we've had for several years. I think Lock stays on the bench the entire year if Flacco can manage to be average. If he dips into below average territory, yeah, we'll see Lock in there around game 10 or so.

          Comment


          • #35
            I hope for 11-5, but 9-7 sound more realistic...

            Much depends on the coaching staff and so i think we are better then 8-8

            Comment


            • #36
              Barring unforeseen injuries, Broncos go 10-6, make playoffs. I'm hoping Scangs can work some magic with Flacco and that Flacco has a chip on his shoulder. Really, if Scangs is this amazing QB whisperer, and he and others on the coaching staff believe they can work with Flacco, then there's no reason this team doesn't make the playoffs. The defense will be fine.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                Barring unforeseen injuries, Broncos go 10-6, make playoffs. I'm hoping Scangs can work some magic with Flacco and that Flacco has a chip on his shoulder. Really, if Scangs is this amazing QB whisperer, and he and others on the coaching staff believe they can work with Flacco, then there's no reason this team doesn't make the playoffs. The defense will be fine.
                10-6 may be 3rd place in the West, let alone the AFC.

                I dont get the QB whisperer angle. We can say Mullens looked good, we can also say Beathard looked like complete garbage.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

                  10-6 may be 3rd place in the West, let alone the AFC.

                  I dont get the QB whisperer angle. We can say Mullens looked good, we can also say Beathard looked like complete garbage.
                  .....Marty Mohrningweg coached FIVE different pro bowl quarterbacks in his career....the most recent of whom is Joe Flacco....Mohninweg couldn't win with that turd...but in the same season he couldn't get Flacco to do much, he was able to taylor an offense for Lamar Jackson that he could operate well enough to go 6-1.

                  Who knows what Scangarello will amount to...but nothing about his track record suggests you have stumbled onto the next rising start at OC....2009 Raiders QB coach...that group completed 48% of their passes a whole with 10 TD and 18 INTS.

                  2015 Offensive quality control for the Atlanta Falcons...his only season there..the Falcons, went 8-8 and were 21st in the league in scoring. Matt Ryan had the third lowest TD passes of his 10 season career to date.

                  .....and some here are propping up Nick Mullens 8 games as starter....I'm not making a judgement call on it...this may be great work or it may not be...but 8 starts 13 TD 10 ints..projects out to 26-20 ....That's lower third NFL qb type numbers...but you could argue pretty good for a rookie who wasn't highly regarded....Jimmy G hasn't really done better in his time there....Jimmy G's 8 starts with SF project out to about 24 TD with 16 INTS if he played a 16 game season. If you think Jimmy G is good (He sucks) and you compare the stats, you could make a cased that Maybe some coach somewhere might be responsible for making Nick Mullens slightly better than Jimmy G....but it's the same guy coaching Jimmy G.

                  What about ANY of this would suggest that Flacco is about to suddenly NOT be Joe Flacco or that Scangarello is some difference maker or brilliant mind?

                  Vic Fangio = Gunther Cunningham.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

                    Who knows what Scangarello will amount to...but nothing about his track record suggests you have stumbled onto the next rising start at OC....2009 Raiders QB coach...that group completed 48% of their passes a whole with 10 TD and 18 INTS.

                    2015 Offensive quality control for the Atlanta Falcons...his only season there..the Falcons, went 8-8 and were 21st in the league in scoring. Matt Ryan had the third lowest TD passes of his 10 season career to date.
                    Paul Hackett was the Raiders QBs coach in 2009, then retired after the 2010 season. Scangarello was just a quality control coach / assistant QBs coach in 2009, his first year in the NFL, working at an entry-level position. In 2015, again, he served as a quality control coach to study Kyle Shanahan's system. Do you even know what a quality control coach does? He prepares game film, charting the opposing defenses' for each game situation.

                    Are you really linking a team's win-loss record and QB stats to the work of a quality control coach that puts together game film? And as a quality control coach / assistant QBs coach in 2009, he was as "influential" on the Raiders QB play as Klint Kubiak for the Broncos. Was Klint Kubiak responsible for the Broncos' QBs performances between 2016-2018? It looks like you had already decided that you were going to talk some smack about Scangarello, and then just put together some patchwork with a fake "track record" to see if it sticks.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

                      Paul Hackett was the Raiders QBs coach in 2009, then retired after the 2010 season. Scangarello was just a quality control coach / assistant QBs coach in 2009, his first year in the NFL, working at an entry-level position. In 2015, again, he served as a quality control coach to study Kyle Shanahan's system. Do you even know what a quality control coach does? He prepares game film, charting the opposing defenses' for each game situation.

                      Are you really linking a team's win-loss record and QB stats to the work of a quality control coach that puts together game film? And as a quality control coach / assistant QBs coach in 2009, he was as "influential" on the Raiders QB play as Klint Kubiak for the Broncos. Was Klint Kubiak responsible for the Broncos' QBs performances between 2016-2018? It looks like you had already decided that you were going to talk some smack about Scangarello, and then just put together some patchwork with a fake "track record" to see if it sticks.
                      No..I am NOT linking that...or anything else....kind of trying to demonstrate that people here are putting the idea out there that somehow Scangarello is some magical QB guy because Nick Mullens played at a Meh level as a rookie in the NFL while he was "QB Coach" Coaches with actual track records couldn't make Flacco do anything but somehow Scangarello is?

                      my point is that Scangarello hasn't done anything that can be pointed to that would suggest he's had any affect, good or bad, on any QB he's been around...let alone competantly coordinate an offense....the small sample size of results is inconclusive at best and underwhelming at worst....during his short time as a QB coach. Expecting Flacco to magically respond to Scangarello's coaching is preposterous.....as if Harbaugh and Morningweg are just some nobodies that can't coach and therefore Flacco was being held back all this time by them? .....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

                        No..I am NOT linking that...or anything else....kind of trying to demonstrate that people here are putting the idea out there that somehow Scangarello is some magical QB guy because Nick Mullens played at a Meh level as a rookie in the NFL while he was "QB Coach" Coaches with actual track records couldn't make Flacco do anything but somehow Scangarello is?
                        Scangarello deserves some credit for what the 49ers got out of an undrafted QB like Nick Mullens, starting with Scangarello's work to bring Mullens to the 49ers.

                        https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/11/9/18079648/nick-mullens-49ers-starting-quarterback-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-darrell-moody-rich-scangarello

                        After taking over, Lynch and Shanahan worked together, with the coaches and scouts sorting through what they liked and wanted in building the roster. Scangarello was breaking down quarterbacks and took a liking to Mullens as well. Matt Barrows put together a great feature breaking down how Scangarello first really noticed Mullens while breaking down film of other players from the East-West Shrine Game practices.


                        During his Friday KNBR interview, Lynch went into detail about where things went from there.

                        “And so I do remember, at the Combine you have 50 visits. You get 15 minutes with 50 guys, and so you have to use those judiciously. And then after the Combine, you have what you call your 30 visits where these guys come in. And so you bring in a Reuben Foster. But that’s usually for guys at the top of the draft, that you would like to spend some time. But we brought Nick Mullens in because Rich Scangarello, our quarterbacks coach, and really taken a liking to him.

                        “And I’ll never forget, we were giving Rich a hard time, but he felt that passionate. We said, ok, we’ll use one of our 30 visits on him. And we were giving him a hard time, and then he showed up, and Kyle and I came out of his office, and he was in this suit with no tie, and he looked like he was about 15 years old. We literally excused ourselves and said, ‘Are you kidding me, Scangarello?’

                        “But then we went and sat down with the kid, and we had watched his film and were very impressed — a four-year starter, broke a lot of Favre’s records at Southern Miss, and Kyle started quizzing him on the board, we start just talking, just talking life, just talking ball with him, and you became very impressed with him very quickly.”


                        That was some good work by Scangarello, similar to how he evaluated Brett Rypien this offseason - another QB from the East-West Shrine Game.

                        Scangarello was the actual QBs coach for the 49ers in 2018 and he must have some value because the 49ers initially blocked the request to interview him for the OC job. I guess Kyle Shanahan wanted to make sure he'd not lose both Scangarello and Mike McDaniel, and he also wanted to make sure Scangarello would be getting a real promotion by becoming a play caller to advance his career.

                        I respect Scangarello's path to where he is today. He left his job as OC in Northern Arizona to make much less money and live in a spare bedroom to study Kyle Shanahan's offense as a 40-year old intern. After getting the HC job in San Francisco, Kyle Shanahan certainly had many options for his QBs coach, and decided to add Scangarello to his staff. That tells you Scangarello might be doing something right with his opportunities.

                        Vic Fangio has seen all kinds of offensive systems and coaches over his years in the NFL and I don't think he'd have hired any dude to be his OC in what will probably be his first and only stop as a HC in the NFL. That's why Scangarello deserves more of a "wait and see" approach than a simple belief he won't do anything because he's never called plays in the NFL before.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

                          Scangarello deserves some credit for what the 49ers got out of an undrafted QB like Nick Mullens, starting with Scangarello's work to bring Mullens to the 49ers.

                          https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/11/9/18079648/nick-mullens-49ers-starting-quarterback-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-darrell-moody-rich-scangarello





                          That was some good work by Scangarello, similar to how he evaluated Brett Rypien this offseason - another QB from the East-West Shrine Game.

                          Scangarello was the actual QBs coach for the 49ers in 2018 and he must have some value because the 49ers initially blocked the request to interview him for the OC job. I guess Kyle Shanahan wanted to make sure he'd not lose both Scangarello and Mike McDaniel, and he also wanted to make sure Scangarello would be getting a real promotion by becoming a play caller to advance his career.

                          I respect Scangarello's path to where he is today. He left his job as OC in Northern Arizona to make much less money and live in a spare bedroom to study Kyle Shanahan's offense as a 40-year old intern. After getting the HC job in San Francisco, Kyle Shanahan certainly had many options for his QBs coach, and decided to add Scangarello to his staff. That tells you Scangarello might be doing something right with his opportunities.

                          Vic Fangio has seen all kinds of offensive systems and coaches over his years in the NFL and I don't think he'd have hired any dude to be his OC in what will probably be his first and only stop as a HC in the NFL. That's why Scangarello deserves more of a "wait and see" approach than a simple belief he won't do anything because he's never called plays in the NFL before.
                          I believe 100% every bit of what you just said there...I'm not saying he doesn't deserve his shot at being the OC or that he didn't pay his dues etc...all I am saying is that there is no reason to think this guy (or ANY guy) is going to suddenly breath fresh life into Flacco.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            5-11

                            I think a 1-2 or even 0-3 start isn't out of the realm of possibility. It's going to take time for the defense to adjust to Fangio's scheme, and the offense, while improved, isn't going to have what it take to win the games needed in a tough schedule. I know people are looking at strength of schedule and saying we had it worse last year, but I expect better football out of the Vikings and Packers this year, plus you have the Browns making significant improvements, and they already beat this football team.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I suspect a very nerve racking, emotional roller coaster of an 8-8 season. Most teams are hot and cold, I expect us to lead the way.

                              Flacco- I expect him to do really really well on a good day, flashing his old arm here and there. And on the average-bad days, I expect him to look pretty pedestrian. We will see a lot of his deterioration like over/under thrown wobblers, and timing issues. I do however see him staying healthy throughout the season, and limiting turnovers. Keeping us competitive throughout the season, and keeping Lock on the sideline. (31 TD’s 9 Int 4000 yards)

                              Von/Chubb- I really expect to see this unit shine under Fangio. This duo will single handily win us a game or two to offset a few that our secondary will lose.

                              Fangio- Will do a great job in his first year. I think he’ll help the defense on the D-line, and linebackers tremendously. He’ll bring good discipline and professionalism. But he’ll struggle with consistency, and I think will need help with his DBs..

                              Offense- I think the offense will improve dramatically at times giving us all false hope that we can take it all the way. Then randomly sputter out like an old lawn mower. Flacco’s play will certainly surpass Keenum, and Munchak’s line will be nifty but our attention grabbers will be all 2nd year players Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, and Hamilton. These young bloods will be the spark that is our offense. And will work well with Flacco.

                              Defense- Overall this defense should improve. I see us being very dangerous at the line, causing a lot of mayhem for QB’s. However, I’m still worried about our secondary, and while our D will be able to overwhelm the Cousins, Roethlisbergers, Staffords, Rivers, of the league. I’m concerned about the ones who will find openings down field as they escape our pocket of doom. I.E. the Mahomes, Mayfields, Wilsons of the league. TE’s will still be a pain in the ass.


                              Overall I think most of us will be satisfied with the direction the team is headed. I think Flacco will play good enough to start a controversy going into next season. Yet I think the team as a whole will support him well enough to keep our name floating around the hunt. We’ll win games we shouldn’t, and look dominant. And then we’ll straight **** the bed.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
                                I suspect a very nerve racking, emotional roller coaster of an 8-8 season. Most teams are hot and cold, I expect us to lead the way.

                                Flacco- I expect him to do really really well on a good day, flashing his old arm here and there. And on the average-bad days, I expect him to look pretty pedestrian. We will see a lot of his deterioration like over/under thrown wobblers, and timing issues. I do however see him staying healthy throughout the season, and limiting turnovers. Keeping us competitive throughout the season, and keeping Lock on the sideline. (31 TD’s 9 Int 4000 yards)

                                Von/Chubb- I really expect to see this unit shine under Fangio. This duo will single handily win us a game or two to offset a few that our secondary will lose.

                                Fangio- Will do a great job in his first year. I think he’ll help the defense on the D-line, and linebackers tremendously. He’ll bring good discipline and professionalism. But he’ll struggle with consistency, and I think will need help with his DBs..

                                Offense- I think the offense will improve dramatically at times giving us all false hope that we can take it all the way. Then randomly sputter out like an old lawn mower. Flacco’s play will certainly surpass Keenum, and Munchak’s line will be nifty but our attention grabbers will be all 2nd year players Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, and Hamilton. These young bloods will be the spark that is our offense. And will work well with Flacco.

                                Defense- Overall this defense should improve. I see us being very dangerous at the line, causing a lot of mayhem for QB’s. However, I’m still worried about our secondary, and while our D will be able to overwhelm the Cousins, Roethlisbergers, Staffords, Rivers, of the league. I’m concerned about the ones who will find openings down field as they escape our pocket of doom. I.E. the Mahomes, Mayfields, Wilsons of the league. TE’s will still be a pain in the ass.


                                Overall I think most of us will be satisfied with the direction the team is headed. I think Flacco will play good enough to start a controversy going into next season. Yet I think the team as a whole will support him well enough to keep our name floating around the hunt. We’ll win games we shouldn’t, and look dominant. And then we’ll straight **** the bed.
                                If Flacco puts up a 31/9/4000 stat line that means things have gone very well and you'll 11-5. 31 TD? That would be a career high. He had 27 in 2014....mostly been in the low 20's, and has hit 20 only once in the last 4 seasons.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X