Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Raiders ever be relevant again?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will the Raiders ever be relevant again?

    I hate to admit it, but I almost feel sorry for the Raiders as an organization and for their hapless fan base.

    During the 60's, 70's, and 80's, the Raiders were one of the most consistent teams in all of football, winning Super Bowls in all 3 decades.

    But since then, they've fallen from the heights and are now the doormats of the division. Normally, when teams are as bad as the Raiders have been, they accumulate quality draft picks that they use to rebuild themselves. But the Raiders didn't do that, and the futility of the organization can be summed up in two words: JaMarcus Russell.

    And with the passing of Al Davis in 2011, the Raiders lost the only connection to their past that really mattered. Now, they are utterly irrelevant.

    The question is: will they EVER be relevant again?

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Sure. If they draft well over the next 2-3 years, they can be become a good team again. I don't feel sorry for them, but certainly makes the division more interesting if multiple teams fans are delusional enough to think they can compete with Denver.

      Comment


      • #4
        34 post rule

        Comment


        • #5
          You sure came back to the Mane to post a lot. You and Chef Luigi know each other?

          I could care less if they ever are a good team. Also, the old man died so they are actually getting better but just at a very slow pace where, as of now, is not relevant. Someday they could be a 12-4 team. As of right now, I am enjoying this 11 year run.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't feel for the raiders. I could less if they ever win a fame again. It looks as though the raiders are starting to make better decisions orgiizationaly speaking. We knew we'd see them down the past two years because all almost ran that org into the ground.

            Comment


            • #7
              If Al was still alive, he would have already fired Dennis Allen. They have been slowly showing signs of life, as John pointed out. A new coach often needs time to implement his system and his players. Patience will make the Raiders semi-relevant, again...

              Comment


              • #8
                Raiders thread...how cute

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post
                  Raiders thread...how cute
                  well, he has already proved he wants to watch the Seahawks over the Broncos if he lived in Denver. I am sure we will see a thread by Armchair telling us about the greatness of the Chargers and Chiefs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                    You sure came back to the Mane to post a lot.
                    I only "left" because my "Hall of Fame" account from the previous years suddenly disappeared. Technically I never left, I just couldn't log on until I created a new account.

                    Which, by the way, is complete bull****. If you run a site, you need to take steps to ensure that users' accounts don't mysteriously disappear for no good reason.

                    This isn't HealthCare.gov after all!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      well, he has already proved he wants to watch the Seahawks over the Broncos if he lived in Denver. I am sure we will see a thread by Armchair telling us about the greatness of the Chargers and Chiefs.
                      IIRC, we're you one of the clowns going on and on about the greatness of Mike Shannyham on the DPO site when Buster T. Bronco and I were calling for "The Mastermind" to be fired?

                      Or was that one of the other 12,000 Broncos homers?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                        I only "left" because my "Hall of Fame" account from the previous years suddenly disappeared. Technically I never left, I just couldn't log on until I created a new account.

                        Which, by the way, is complete bull****. If you run a site, you need to take steps to ensure that users' accounts don't mysteriously disappear for no good reason.

                        This isn't HealthCare.gov after all!
                        Maybe its just me, but I try not to make a habit of going to peoples houses and drinking all their beer and then ****ting on their sofa. then again post count don't mean **** to me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                          Maybe its just me, but I try not to make a habit of going to peoples houses and drinking all their beer and then ****ting on their sofa. then again post count don't mean **** to me
                          Man up. I haven't crapped on anyone's sofa. I just happen to be an "Old School" Broncos fan with an edge. When the party's on, I show up with my beer, I throw some chips into the mix just like everyone else, and I pride myself on not feeling obliged to tow the party line.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am hoping for another 20-30 years of being just good enough to beat kFc once or twice a year if we need them to and just hang picking at about the 5-15 range and continue to miss on the picks they have recently.

                            Growing up as a young kid and hating the Raiders because they were good, Now as I go into my golden years I want to hate them for their bad talent picks and their bad coaches.

                            Some here have said it is better for the NFL when Denver/kFc/Oakland are the class of the NFL I prefer for Oakland and kFc sucking so I can point at them and laugh.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The day Al Davis died was the first ray of hope for the Raiders. Hopefully his son takes them down a crappy road.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X