Favorite "Away" Stadium to Visit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite "Away" Stadium to Visit?

I have a good buddy that's a die hard Packers fan, and seeing the early season matchup, I had to jump on this one. It's always been a goal of mine to catch a game at Lambeau, so I get to cross this one off my list in September.

It just got me thinking, I've only caught Broncos games in Denver, KC, Houston, and Dallas and I like seeing new places. Any other stadiums you would recommend visiting? Why did you like it?

Buffalo is a nice stadium experience. Nice tailgate scene, Good home fans. Just need the game to be in September so its not cold as hell. I went in mid Oct one year and there was already plowed Snow piles in the lot.

I live in Maryland and the skins and ravens stadiums are apples and oranges. FedEX is terrible (i'd never suggest going there) and M&T bank stadium is pretty decent and the better of the two to combine with a trip to DC.

Comment

Titans make for a fun weekend. Saints is fun too. I like stadiums that are close to all the fun in the city.

Comment

Its too bad the Sparklers are like a traveling circus team, cause you could go to a home game and an away game all at the same time.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2016-10-13-at-8.32.37-PM-500x232.png
Views:	354
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	2461052

Comment

lambau, soldiers and seattle are on my bucket list.
          I like the idea of tailgating in buffalo, and my guess is cleveland and the dog pound is rocking on gameday !

Comment

Nissan Stadium sits on the Cumberland river across from the downtown Nashville scene.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
              Its too bad the Sparklers are like a traveling circus team, cause you could go to a home game and an away game all at the same time.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2016-10-13-at-8.32.37-PM-500x232.png
Views:	354
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	2461052
              Yep. This year. Sparklers are great because there is less stadium. When will you ever see an NFL game in such an amazingly small place?
              And NO would be the **** if the season went to Mardi Gras.. but it doesn't. (Maybe it gets like mini Mardi gras for Halloween? --That question needs a tail: if not, why not?)

Comment

I went to the Sugar Bowl on New Year’s Day 1990. Notre Dame beat Florida. We partied on Bourbon Street the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                  I have a good buddy that's a die hard Packers fan, and seeing the early season matchup, I had to jump on this one. It's always been a goal of mine to catch a game at Lambeau, so I get to cross this one off my list in September.

It just got me thinking, I've only caught Broncos games in Denver, KC, Houston, and Dallas and I like seeing new places. Any other stadiums you would recommend visiting? Why did you like it?
                  We relocated to Green Bay last year, just in time to catch the Broncos game this year! Like you, I've seen Broncos games at KC and Dallas so I can't really add anything. But since I'm only 4 hours from Minneapolis I'm going to catch that game this year too. Should be fun visiting a brand new stadium.

I went to a Packers pre-season game against Pit last year. It was really quiet and the fans didn't seem to into it. I thought, "meh, pre-season" but my gf went to a GB-Det regular season game in GB a few years ago and said it wasn't much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                    I went to the Sugar Bowl on New Year’s Day 1990. Notre Dame beat Florida. We partied on Bourbon Street the night before.
                    I think you mean New Year's Day, 1992

​​​​​​ND played in the 1990 New Year's Day Orange Bowl (for the 89 season) against Colorado while Miami played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post

​​​​​​ND played in the 1990 New Year's Day Orange Bowl (for the 89 season) against Colorado while Miami played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
                      Regardless it's a great spot but I do remember Bama destroying Miami in the game you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Regardless it's a great spot but I do remember Bama destroying Miami in the game you are talking about.
                        Nah you are thinking of the 93 Sugar where they beat us in a No. 1 vs No. 2 matchup for the title 34-13 and we couldn't block their front seven at all.

We beat them in the 90 Sugar, 33-25 and won the title since Colorado lost to ND in the Orange.

Comment

Nah you are thinking of the 93 Sugar where they beat us in a No. 1 vs No. 2 matchup for the title 34-13 and we couldn't block their front seven at all.

We beat them in the 90 Sugar, 33-25 and won the title since Colorado lost to ND in the Orange.
                          Yeah that's the one I'm thinking. They had Curry and Copeland at the ends and Derrick Lassic was the RB.

Comment

You’re correct. Florida was heavily favored and had all those annoying gator chomping fans around town. It was great to see them lose. Bettis had a huge game.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                              Yeah that's the one I'm thinking. They had Curry and Copeland at the ends and Derrick Lassic was the RB.
                              Yes and they brought heavy blitzes all night. That was the game where George Teague chased down Lamar Thomas and stripped him of the ball.

Painful memories....although it could be worse, it could be any time we played in the Fiesta Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X